Old April 7, 2004, 21:47   #61
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:57
Local Date: November 3, 2010
thanks Scratch

all very kind of you

so are you interested in playing this as a PBEM ???
Old April 7, 2004, 21:59   #62
unscratchedfoot
Prince

What's a PBEM? It sounds like either something a sick person coughs up or a type of birth control drug.

Hmmm, but all those caps gives me the feeling it is the same thing as a NES or something? I think I prefer to play my mod and be happy and blissfully ignorant in a never ending war against the Russians.

Pad, please continue the story!!

And when you finish please consider starting a new game with this conquest for another story. It is best civ game for sure.
Old April 7, 2004, 22:08   #63
unscratchedfoot
Prince

I looked at your pictures again and noticed you really like to go heavy on cavalry don't you? I usually go in with a stack of infantry supported by a few batteries and cavalry. I use the horses for snipping off wounded enemy retreating away for healing. On diety and sid, I don't get much chance to build up stacks of units like you do, especially when the English keep landing boatloads of redcoats next to my coastal cities (redcoats are advanced in my mod). It's more of a grinding slaughter which feels like Rocky and Apollo at the end of Rocky 2 where they both can barely get off the mat. I like those kinds of close fights more than an overwhelming squash. Although sometimes a good squash is nice too.
Old April 8, 2004, 02:42   #64
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

PBEM = Play By E-Mail

This is a form of Multiplaying that allows people to play their component at their leisure.

Well I can appreciatte your not wanting to play the game in a group.

Could you send me a copy to have a play
Old April 9, 2004, 19:39   #65
unscratchedfoot
Prince

My mod? I don't know. I make a lot of extremely radical changes to my game which most people don't like. For example, I gave all the navy a complete overhaul with much more realistic stats/prices and ships added like the huge Santisimo Trinidad for the Spanish.

One of the changes I made to enslavement was for privateers: if they win a combat they have a chance of capturing the enemy ship and it becomes this: Black Pearl

It's more dangerous and cannot be built by anyone, only received as victory spoils in ship combat.
Old April 9, 2004, 20:23   #66
Paddy
Prince

cool, all the more reason to want to take the game out for a spin

I do like to play the game honest
Old April 10, 2004, 05:36   #67
unscratchedfoot
Prince

I could never play without such works of art as this: sweet
Old April 13, 2004, 07:27   #68
Paddy
Prince

thanks for the link
Old April 21, 2004, 08:18   #69
Paddy
Prince

Paddy

I can report that the Ottoman navy is smashed totally, I would advise you to warn your sailors to keep an eye out for wreckage lest it damage their hulls

In amongst the Ottoman fleets were several troop transports, we can only hope these were fully laden and we have scored an even bigger hit on Jonny Turk!!!

Their resistance is turning, this war goes well my good man, though far from over.

The sneeky Turks and Austrians seem to be sending large forces North to our former Prussian holdings, I am redirecting all reinforcements from the British isles to Holland, to counter this move.

Sire we can take control of the battle in the South, we are now pushing down to Mostar and will shortly send a second force from Istanbull westwards towards Athens. It is our plan to have these two forces meet outside Athens and stage a massive bombardment whan all our 60 plus guns come to bear on the city

Maximus
Old April 21, 2004, 08:20   #70
Paddy
Prince

Maximus

That sounds superb.

My lads are gathering in the Fort.

The Guard continue on the march down the Black sea.

The Battle of Vienna is messy, but Marechal U.Scratched Foot and XII corp, along with reienforcements are holding down many many units of the Austrian Army.

Paddy
Old April 21, 2004, 08:22   #71
Paddy
Prince

Paddy

I have a column moving too Vienna to assist, no guns though so you keep hitting them and Ill try to kill a few with my lifeguards

Im moving out of Istanbul now but have gone north first, there is a city there that if I control will let my luxuries flow into istanbul and make the turks happier there

We see the Grand Armee, and what a lovely sight it be

Sire we link up at last outside the Ottoman city of Varna, which will soon be reduced to dust and debris. I will pound the city next turn with my guns sir and leave the turkish dogs within for your boys to pick off.

You may also notice I have some troops fast approaching Vienna to assist you in your efforts their, and a further mixed stack is heading down from our holdings in the former Prussian lands.

Maximus
Old April 21, 2004, 08:29   #72
Paddy
Prince

Maximus

Vienna has fallen, Austria is in ruins...

This in turn has led to an amazing route of the rogue Gustav and his rabble.

The French stand strong, and bow in thanks for their English Allies.

The world is a fresh with a new way of life.

Paddy
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	may 1819 - finale.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	70354  
Old April 21, 2004, 09:58   #73
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Big Bad Pad, how is it that France is allied with England? Did you mess with the editor? Dude, that is so unfair! Overkill supreme.

Is your game over now? Can you fight England or is it locked? I couldn't recognize your Sweden until I saw the name. It looks so bare.

If you're finished, please start another one. I'm greedy for your picture stories. But next time I hope for a harder fight.
Old April 21, 2004, 10:17   #74
Paddy
Prince

hahahahaha

yes I unlocked all the alliances in the editor

I could fight England, but that would not be in the Spirait of the game.

Yes this one is finished...

Another is on its way...
Old April 21, 2004, 11:49   #75
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nice one Paddy well done
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 24, 2004, 07:42   #76
Paddy
Prince

Marechal Davout and Marechal Remick have brought their Corps to meet with the Emperor Napoleon for the Grand Parade through Copenhagen

To the east, Marechal Ney has started the reconstruction plans for St Petersburg...
Old May 8, 2004, 14:00   #77
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 12:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Paddy, Chris, your PBEM stories, are really enjoyable to read. Makes me wish I had more free time so I could join in on the fun.
Spore page