Old March 11, 2004, 12:48   #1
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 19:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Lorraine Story Comments Thread
....again, put in place so we can keep the story segments as a cohesive whole for those who come to read later...and thank you!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Velociryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2004, 14:14   #2
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 15:04
wow, youve posted a lot to read, it may be a while before I comment on it.
Old March 12, 2004, 18:02   #3
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

That's alright, good sir! When you mentioned your love of alt history in the other thread, I thought you might enjoy a more fictionalized accounting of the game to date, and to that end, I have suspended my playing time till I get the story thread brought up to date!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old March 12, 2004, 23:30   #4
lord of the mark
Deity

Oh, dear, a time travel POD!!! It'll never win approval from the hardliners at Soc.history.whatif . OTOH, how else to deal with the problem of accounting for the superior insight and foreknowledge of a human player in a game like this?

So its fine by me.

Ive read the first post and about half of the second one.

I'll try to keep up. Im also following the "Empty America" timeline on Soc.history.whatif
Old March 14, 2004, 23:48   #5
Velociryx
staff

Ahhh, so true. The basic "hook" is quite simplistic, and I realize that there are a great many other, more innovative ways to logic that part out, but ::shrug:: I personally have never done a time travel thing, and thought...what the heck! Could be entertaining to write!

-=Vel=-
Old March 23, 2004, 18:11   #6
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
Ahhh, so true. The basic "hook" is quite simplistic, and I realize that there are a great many other, more innovative ways to logic that part out, but ::shrug:: I personally have never done a time travel thing, and thought...what the heck! Could be entertaining to write!

-=Vel=-
Ive read the story, as posted so far. Looks good, look forward to more.
Old March 24, 2004, 21:25   #7
lord of the mark
Deity

so remind me - ARE France and England at war in 1429 (OTL siege of Orleans)?
Old March 25, 2004, 04:24   #8
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 21:04
Enough talk, give us some more wars!
Old March 26, 2004, 13:16   #9
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kropotkin
Enough talk, give us some more wars!
Id be happy if vel brought the story up to where the game is.
Old March 27, 2004, 23:11   #10
Velociryx
staff

Workin' on that, and apologies for the delay...sometimes, I get myself involved in a few too many lil' projects at a time, and get a bit overwhelmed....still workin' on the next segment for the story thread....something about the warring makes for much slower writing, but I'm getting there!

-=Vel=-
Old March 28, 2004, 00:45   #11
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Workin' on that, and apologies for the delay...sometimes, I get myself involved in a few too many lil' projects at a time, and get a bit overwhelmed....still workin' on the next segment for the story thread....something about the warring makes for much slower writing, but I'm getting there!

-=Vel=-

Oh, it is well understood that RL intrudes, and that work, family, school, etc are priorities. (although if Id certainly vote for making Lorraine your top GAME-RELATED project ) I really just meant that I would prefer to see the story brought up to the game before anymore posts from the Lorraine game are made - thats just me - Krop seems to prefer the opposite.
Old April 1, 2004, 13:54   #12
lord of the mark
Deity

thanks for this last installment.

Can i make a suggestion?

If its not too difficult, place a link in the story thread posts to the corresponding game thread posts. That would make it easier to relate the story to the already posted gameplay.
Old April 2, 2004, 06:55   #13
Velociryx
staff

Quite welcome! With luck, I should be able to get a bit more accomplished, writing-wise, sometime today! (after the latest round of job searching, that is!) And good idea re: the links! Will see what I can do about that for the next installment, and once the story is "caught up" with the existing thread, I'll be posting updates here exclusively!

-=Vel=-
Old April 2, 2004, 10:33   #14
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Quite welcome! With luck, I should be able to get a bit more accomplished, writing-wise, sometime today! (after the latest round of job searching, that is!) And good idea re: the links! Will see what I can do about that for the next installment, and once the story is "caught up" with the existing thread, I'll be posting updates here exclusively!

-=Vel=-
Take your time with the writing - job searching is a GOOD THING, and should of course take priority. We will happily be patient. Good luck - job searching is much luck empire building, it takes patience, persistence, careful laying of the groundwork, at some point the groundwork is built you need to throw everything at in blitzkrieg.
Old April 12, 2004, 20:11   #15
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 03:04
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Well I never. You take a break for a few weeks and the oddest people pop up out of the woodworks.

I don't suppose there's the slightest chance that "The Lands of Lorraine" is now a registered trademarky-copyrighty thingummy, in anticipation of a new novel coming out at some point in the not-too-distant future?
ravagon is offline   Reply With Quote