Old April 30, 2004, 10:41   #31
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 21:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Has someone noted the germans have their second settler on its way to build new city?
This should have happened the same turn we had our first settler and when we met PAL's warrior.

Not that it really does matter but to keep the thread alive
ormuzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2004, 10:50   #32
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:07
Quote:
Originally posted by ormuzd
Has someone noted the germans have their second settler on its way to build new city?
This should have happened the same turn we had our first settler and when we met PAL's warrior.

Not that it really does matter but to keep the thread alive
Well in all likelyhood they went the granary first route as well.

Not a bad plan since we only have 5 CIVs on a standard map.
Old April 30, 2004, 10:55   #33
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 19:07
The only problem with CDG building a grainery first is that we just gave them pottery last turn. Its a little difficult to build something when you don't have the tech for it.

EDIT BY conmcb25: Don we were talking about the Germans not CDG, and building a granary first could be a very good reason why there score is lagging. At last check they were fourth.

Last edited by conmcb25; April 30, 2004 at 13:52.
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2004, 13:44   #34
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

This thread has been topped for now.

In the future we may detop it and place a link in our info thread.

But again as we gather intelligence please post it here.
Old April 30, 2004, 13:50   #35
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

This was posted by E_T in the Recruiting for the Intelligence Ministry Thread, and he asked that it be moved here once we had a permanent INTELL thread set up. Which this is

This was posted by E_T on 5 April 2004:

Quote:
I can't see a general Intel Thread that is up yet, if there is, then someone please move this to there

There have been rumors of Trip, who has joined CGN, using the spreadsheets that I have put together for the PTWISDG (and other games) for the benifit of CGN. Because he is a Poly Consul in that game, I have been keeping him updated with the latest copies, mainly with new infomation for that game, but also new things that I have add to the sheets. So, if CGN (and us) get to the next round in this game, we will likely have to deal with this.

Some further Intel along this manner:
Quote:
[Trip> E_T, you there?
[E_T_busy> Yes, but brb
[Trip> okay
[Trip> I'm trying to figure out how to unhide frames in Excel
[Trip> I've lost rows 10 and 11 and can't get them back :\
[Trip> also, what do you do when you've filled up a spreadsheet and need more lines for cities in future dates?
[E_T_busy> look in the tutorial, that part is there
[E_T_busy> what city are you working on??
[Trip> tutorial? :P
[Trip> one of my own cities
[E_T_busy> the txt file that I sent you a while back, with the sheets
[E_T_busy> one of yours or one of CGN's??
[Trip> I probably deleted that a long time ago :P
[Trip> I wasn't all to interested in the workings of the spreadsheets back then
[Trip> one of Catagonia's
[E_T_busy> which is CGN, IIRC
[E_T_busy> I hope that you erased everything from the sheet before you let one of their people (in c3cdg) see it
[Trip> I made my own
[E_T_busy> ah
[Trip> on your design
[E_T_busy> I'll see if I can send it to you, have to go
[Trip> I built them pretty much from scratch
[Trip> okay
* E_T_busy is now known as E_T_not_home
[Trip> how do I add new lines though? :P
I have sent him the "tutorial", along with this text

Quote:
Trip, here is the "Tutorial" on my spreadsheets that you had asked for.

I would like to say, that I am disappointed in you. Using my spreadsheets for the benefit of another team/site, was not the reason that I had originally sent them to you. As a Consul of the Apolyton PTW ISDG, I felt that you needed to see some of the raw data I was working on and some of the things that we have currently planned. I don't mind that you use this tool as an aid in your own personal games, but to transport it for use on another site/team was not part of the reason that I had given it to you.

I know that I have the sheets posted in our Private forum and that I have sent it to other of our team members, who are opponents in splinter DG games (MZO DG, PTWDG1 & II), and do realize that they might benefit from the use of it. My problem, is that you have also gotten further Implementation Information from me, in chat, but apparently for the use in that game and not our own. And at those times, I was under the impression that you needed the information for our team.

I have worked on that tool for quite some time. Parts of it were started during the SPDG-I and the Idea for what I had wanted this sheet to be able to do was also born at that time. I have put a lot of effort and especially time, into this project and all for the efforts of Apolytonia. This is almost an Intellectual Property and copyright type issue, to me. If I had wanted the general public to have these sheets, I would have posted them a long time ago in the files section, like some of the other game Utilities that are there (C3MT being the most prevalent). But I didn't, nor do I wish to in the future.

I ask that you cease using my spreadsheets for other teams that are in opposition to Apolyton. But then, I can't really force you to do as such. And because you are (at this point in time) still a Consul of the PTWISDG, I can't not send you futher updates, because, that is part of my job for our team. But I do ask you, in all good consience (and because I did ask), that you quit using it for other teams.

E_T
If the time comes and I'm available (very possible), then he's going to have to deal with ME...

E_T
Old April 30, 2004, 16:06   #36
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Donegeal
The only problem with CDG building a grainery first is that we just gave them pottery last turn. Its a little difficult to build something when you don't have the tech for it.

EDIT BY conmcb25: Don we were talking about the Germans not CDG, and building a granary first could be a very good reason why there score is lagging. At last check they were fourth.
Yes, I meant the germans. Their capital has decresed from 3 to 1 - clear sign for a settler. Earlier, at turn 11 (3500 bc) they were at population 2 and one turn later - at 1. I guess they have reached 3 and in the same turn they have popped out a settler.
That's why I'm thinking they have a second settler built now. This means 3 cities so far.
Old May 2, 2004, 15:04   #37
ormuzd
Emperor

2510 BC
The Warning (PAL capital) has dropped from population 5 to population 4.

Some curious notes:
- with production 6 we are 3rd; with production of 4 we would be 5th placed but with 5 we would be 3rd
- with productivity of 18 we would be 5th, 19 - 4th, 20, 21 - 3rd (as it is in reality)

removed wrong analysis

F3:
We have strong military to both PAL and CDG

P.S. Thanks for reading this bunch of (not so) useful information.

Last edited by ormuzd; May 7, 2004 at 02:50.
Old May 2, 2004, 20:15   #38
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Very reasonable of E_T, I think.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Aidun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 23:45   #39
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

In the Chat with PAL just an hour ago or so, they seemed to think that based on there numbers CDG would only have TWO warriors.

What does that mean? Does a curragh count in the calc?

Since we are average to APL how many warriors do they have?

BFM have you spreadsheets been updated to Conquests????
Old May 17, 2004, 00:22   #40
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:07
Opening screen for the save generally shows the capital city of the civ before us. The civ before us is PAL. Today's opening screen showed me this:

Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 00:24   #41
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:07
The barb pictured WAS 8-8 from Grog. he is now 8 of Grog. In the center of the black we have PAL's capital city.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 02:51   #42
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:07
Nice work, Togas.

Probably should try to figure out the exact location and plot it on a map for general use.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 14:16   #43
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Nice work, Togas.

Probably should try to figure out the exact location and plot it on a map for general use.
courtesy of the shoe banger:
Old May 17, 2004, 15:23   #44
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

So if you look at the Turn thread and then look at this picture and count up all the tiles PAL is 16 tiles from "Meeting Mountain".

Thats the mountain in the North Central area where we met them. It has a Bonus Wheat resource at 3 of the mountain.

And Apolyton is 13 tiles from "Meeting Mountain".

Last edited by conmcb25; May 17, 2004 at 15:30.
conmcb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 05:28   #45
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:07
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
BFM have you spreadsheets been updated to Conquests????
No, they have not. Iit's just an assumption the Army Strength formulas haven't changed from PTW.
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2004, 18:04   #46
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

From the UN:

Quote:
Originally posted by FriedrichPsitalon
GWT? We're up to 52 hours from time of save receipt now....?

We *were* almost caught up to Game 2, but now we're slipping behind very quickly. Let's see if we can all tighten our belts a bit, maybe get new turn players where needed, and get the game moving again, huh? If a bunch of rowdy malcontent MP-ladderites can do it....
Then, a little bit later:

Quote:
Originally posted by Candrian (GWT Member)
The save was sent to CDG about 1 1/2 hours ago. Sorry for the delay, we will try to send the next turn more quickly.
Quote:
Originally posted by listener (BAT)
BAT would enjoy to help GWT by playing GWT's turn
Quote:
Originally posted by Candrian (GWT)
No problem at all....: just gift all your cities to GWT and enjoin our team...
I think we can conclude from this that BAT and GWT do indeed have contact.
Old June 29, 2004, 20:08   #47
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
I think we can conclude from this that BAT and GWT do indeed have contact.
I wonder how well they are getting along..............
Old June 29, 2004, 20:53   #48
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
In the last ISDG, GWT eliminated Firaxis early, because of iron. Hopefully, the same thing will happen this time.
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2004, 22:03   #49
Tassadar500
Emperor

Is anyone willing to head this ministry? It would be great if we got this up and running again.
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2004, 00:09   #50
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Arnelos was going to do it but then he got busy
Old August 9, 2004, 21:33   #51
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

An excellent analysis of CDG by Togas, done because Togas, and a bunch of the rest of us are having a hard time understanding WHY CDG has only three cities (visible)

A few people posted in the CDG Foriegn affairs thread (Where this was originally posted) that maybe barbs got some CDG settlers.

We need to find out from PAL if CDG has mapmaking.

We are going to share this knowledge with PAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
OK, I've now gone through the saves all the way back to before CDG had 3 cities (missing a few saves, but used turn reports for intel).

We have just finished turn 66.
Going back to turn 56, CDG had only 2 cities. Their cap was pop 3, Minnesota was pop 5.

On turn 57 Minnesota dropped to size 3, Cap remained at size 3.

On turn 58, Cap was size 4, Minn size 3.

On turn 59 Cap was size 4, Minn was size 3 and Possum was founded.

On turn 60 Cap was size 4, Minn was size 4! (4 turn growth. Granary and 3fpt.)

On turn 62 Cap pop dropped to 2, Minn was still at 4. Settler produced.

On turn 64 Minn dropped to 3 (on the turn that it should have grown to 5). Settler produced.

Those 2 settlers are currently unaccounted for.

However, for them to be transported to an island, CDG needs to have Mapmaking. We need to ask PAL if CDG has it. We also need to ask CDG.

--Togas
Old August 12, 2004, 15:18   #52
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

To follow up on the Togas analysis above:

1. PAL confirmed in a chat last night that they and CDG are playing a race the settler game to the Ivory north of CDG. They specifically said CDG has a settler to the north near that Ivory spot..

2. PAL confirmed last night in chat that CDG DOES NOT have Map Making. Therfore they cant have any galleys, therefore they cant be settling another island or continent.

3. With that being said PAL agreed with us on the assumption that a settler got killed by barbs. The spearman excorting the settler north of CDG near the Ivory, has some pips missing, it has taken damage. Thats means it got attacked by barbs and PAL's guess is they have seen some heavy barb action near there area.

I think this sums up and closes the case of: "The Two Infamous Missing CDG Settlers".
Old August 12, 2004, 16:06   #53
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Thanks for the follow up con.

It's nice to know we are not the only ones suffering from those dastardly Barbs!
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2004, 16:20   #54
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Thanks for the follow up con.

It's nice to know we are not the only ones suffering from those dastardly Barbs!
Thanks BF, I just wish I had more time for analysis, intell gathering and analysis is something I enjoy.

"The better you know your enemy, the easier it is to kill him".
Old September 23, 2004, 15:39   #55
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

And then there were four...
This thread is pretty interesting:

Turn Tracker Group 2

Also a quote from Trip from the UN at CDG:

Quote:
Update on the game in 750 BC, upon the demise of GCA.
And the thread were that quote came from is :HERE

Looks like Lucky's Luck ran out, how tragic :lol

Last edited by conmcb25; September 23, 2004 at 15:53.
conmcb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2004, 16:07   #56
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Local Time: 20:07
damn, I wanted to take them out...either way, good bye lucky...

Anybody want to bet on who is the next one to die?
Old September 23, 2004, 16:34   #57
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

5 bucks on CFC, no offense to the CFC guys here but according to the score and the top cities they look like the number 4 Civ right now. Unless they pal'ed up with CGN or the Brazillians.
Old November 1, 2004, 23:35   #58
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

For whats its worth right before the CDG war started, CDG built a settler at:

Minnesota in 875BC

Possomopolis in 850BC

Lets hope neither one is close to getting onto a galley
Old November 1, 2004, 23:35   #59
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Minnesota in 875BC

Possomopolis in 850BC

Old November 1, 2004, 23:35   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Minnesota in 875BC

Possomopolis in 850BC