Old March 17, 2004, 21:23   #31
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 14:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
While I would have to admit that in the "old days" I was in the same camp as Comrade Jamski (wary of the Drones) I belive that now is the time to put away paranoia's about them and focus on the CPU.

Attack the CPU with great force, but keep a few units in check just in case the Drones decide to do anything "funny".
Hopefully, once we get access to their forums we will be able to have a better feel for their intentions, and vice versa.

Mead
Old March 18, 2004, 01:58   #32
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:08
Well if everybody really is in for a challenge then ... Never mind.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 04:38   #33
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:08
Yes! Comrade HongHu!

Why should we not take on the challenge of the Drones?

We would either triumph gloriously, or die gloriously, but we would fight as the Hive, and as the Hive alone!

Glory to the Human Hive!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 18, 2004, 12:29   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Well how about we think about this later dear Jamski? When all is conqured and everybody is bored for instance?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 12:38   #35
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

There won't BE a later, dear Comrade. We could be playing the final turn of the game if we attack the CyUni this turn.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 12:46   #36
Snowflake
Princess

That's good then. Let's finish this game and start a fresh start.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 13:00   #37
Jamski
Deity

The bad feeling will be immense.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 13:07   #38
Snowflake
Princess

Tell me how we can avoid those bad feelings and I'll try my hardest to do that.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 13:12   #39
Jamski
Deity

Be nice to the people involved in the game (CyCon, Peace) and be unpleasant to those not involved in the game (Drones)

Noone cares if we piss the Drones off. We'll be 'poly heros probably if we backstab them.

Or we can just play to win, and ignore fun and diplomacy etc...

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 13:21   #40
Snowflake
Princess

I view people differently from you dear Jamski. I don't see them different simply because they are from "Poly", or "CGN", or "Eventis". They are all people. They all deserve respects and nice treatment. I don't believe in being unpleasant to anybody. And I don't care to be "poly heros".

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 13:37   #41
Jamski
Deity

In the Apolyton ACDG, though it makes a difference if one team from 5 is taking no part in the game because they are from a different site.

Oh, well... our souls are sold to the devil, but we can still poke him in the eye as he takes us down to hell.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:11   #42
Snowflake
Princess

Your souls may be sold to the devil. My soul is not sold to anybody. Not the devil, not the CCs, not Poly either. My soul is not for sale.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 14:19   #43
Jamski
Deity

I was metaphorising. The Hive's soul is sold to the devil Drones.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:28   #44
Snowflake
Princess

No it is not. Unlike Uni to CCs, the Hive has always been independent.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 15:00   #45
Jamski
Deity

Would you care prove that with your actions and your vote? Are you truely independant if you never stretch your wings and fly?

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 15:12   #46
Snowflake
Princess

One should not act huskily simply for the sake of proving something. Once a hawk on a tree had a piece of meat in his mouth and a fox wanted to eat it too. So the fox said, "I hear you cannot sing." The hawk was mad and he opened his mouth trying to prove he can sing. And the meat dropped to the ground and the fox got it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 15:16   #47
Jamski
Deity

But the Hawk couldn't sing - that's the point of that story.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 15:46   #48
Snowflake
Princess

Silly Jamski. Who cares if you can sing. He only wanted the meat.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 15:48   #49
Jamski
Deity

The moral of that story is that you (hawk) shouldn't try and do what you can't do (sing) because some fool (fox) says that you can do it, but they are lying to get thier own way (meat)

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 15:59   #50
Snowflake
Princess

I made up that story. I can easily change the hawk to some other bird that can sing. But the moral of the story will not be changed dear Jamski. You got to know what you should do or not do, based on your own judgement, not trying to prove yourself. Where did I say the fox lied?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 18:31   #51
Jamski
Deity

Ok, then use your judgement. I don't want to fight with you, HongHu, I feel that you MUST know what is right in this situation.

I was sure you were ready to follow your heart too, not to follow your rules.

Follow your heart.

Look at that thread in the general forum. So many people from different factions coming together in peace to fight for a common cause. Look at that passion. Those people are posting with thier heart, not worrying about honour. Won't you join them?

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 19:23   #52
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Ok, then use your judgement. I don't want to fight with you, HongHu, I feel that you MUST know what is right in this situation.

I was sure you were ready to follow your heart too, not to follow your rules.

Follow your heart.

Look at that thread in the general forum. So many people from different factions coming together in peace to fight for a common cause. Look at that passion. Those people are posting with thier heart, not worrying about honour. Won't you join them?

-Jam
Despicable. I didn’t think you’d try to manipulate HongHu like that.
Old March 18, 2004, 19:31   #53
Jamski
Deity

You are the lowest scum. How dare you accuse me of trying to manipulate HongHu. Just who do you think you are? Unlike you many of us actually have good/evil wrong/right conflicts and have emotions.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 19:36   #54
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
You are the lowest scum. How dare you accuse me of trying to manipulate HongHu. Just who do you think you are? Unlike you many of us actually have good/evil wrong/right conflicts and have emotions.

-Jam
I point out merely what is in plain sight for all to see. Frankly Jamski employ rational arguments, if you cannot convince people based on reason alone than the argument is a bad one. You have failed to provide a rational argument, and like all sophists you go directly for the heart. I take nothing back.
Old March 18, 2004, 19:44   #55
Jamski
Deity

I have no interest in trying to support an emotional issue with logical arguements. I'm sorry that you have no heart/soul/feelings, but for me these are JUST as important as rational arguments.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 19:45   #56
Voltaire
King

Quote:
I have no interest in trying to support an emotional issue with logical arguements. I'm sorry that you have no heart/soul/feelings, but for me these are JUST as important as rational arguments.

-Jam
Oh, I have emotions, otherwise I would not be human. But my reason will not be subject to my emotions, it is reason that should guide, to you they may be just as important but to many others they are not, so if you want to convince us (and you claim you do) provide rational arguments.
Old March 18, 2004, 19:48   #57
Jamski
Deity

I have no rational arguements. I will not pretend to have them. I have emotional arguments. If that is not enough, then so be it.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 22:51   #58
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:08
Can we not gift cities in PBEM?

If we can why dont we give Peace one of our cities to ensure there continued survival?
Old March 18, 2004, 23:17   #59
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 14:08
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Can we not gift cities in PBEM?

If we can why dont we give Peace one of our cities to ensure there continued survival?
Sadly I have been told we can't.

Mead
Old March 18, 2004, 23:20   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:08
Dam, ah well it was a thought.