Old March 16, 2004, 00:14   #481
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 14:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
What this shows is that the left is feeling very vulnerable on this issue.
Actually it shows even more than that:

1.) al-Qaida assigns importance to Iraq to the point of redefining its strategy. There are no Spanish troops in their holy land...just secular Iraq...Hmmm

2.) al-Qaida is becoming more political in its attacks...and picked a situation where they could possibly effect a leftist change...Hmmm

3.) al-Qaida struck in Europe...Where the fracture in the Western approach to terrorism is the greatest...Hmmm

The left may not be willing to admit it, but al-Qaida desperately wants them to assume governmental control. The conservative approach is just to hard for them to combat.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old March 16, 2004, 00:15   #482
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 11:12
Quote:
You know Giancarlo, what I find simply amazing
who do you think you are? bill oreilly? sean hannity?
Old March 16, 2004, 00:17   #483
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:12
Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO
The conservative approach is just to hard for them to combat.
Apparently not
Old March 16, 2004, 00:38   #484
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Apparently not
Actually...a very good point.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old March 16, 2004, 00:38   #485
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 04:12
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Aren't we overlooking the real tragedy here?

I mean these guys detonated ten bombs in the middle of Madrid and didn't manage to put a scratch on either of the Beckhams.

Old March 16, 2004, 01:03   #486
The Templar
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

You know Giancarlo, what I find simply amazing is the denial by the left that the attacks, their association with al Qaeda and Spain's involvement in Iraq did not influence the election. They clearly did given the pre-attack polls showing the PP way ahead.
Again, Georgia 2002. Polls can get it wrong.

Quote:
What this shows is that the left is feeling very vulnerable on this issue.
No Ned, what the left is pissed off about is that your underlying assumption is that somehow the left is ok with terrorism.

**** you.

I live in New York - which actually got attacked. My wife lost two friends. My best friend's brother-in-law went active with the fire dept. the week after 9/11 to a fire house that lost alot of personnel in the attacks. You think I, or any liberal New Yorker, in any way wants to give terrorism a pass? Oh, but voting to the left is somehow equivalent to appeasing terrorists? Sorry, getting a hard-on over bombing people who had nothing to do with the attacks isn't being "tough on terror". The left wants to see this **** end and the right for all their bluster has done nothing.

So enough of this bullshit appeasement meme. In fact, it happened on Aznar's watch so it might just be that his failure tipped the election.

So **** you, **** Fez, and **** all the rest of you who think that liberals are all terrorist appeasers. It's liberals that got attacked. You ****ing hillbillies in the south don't have to worry: the terrorists don't even consider you worth blowing up.

So again, **** you.
Old March 16, 2004, 01:04   #487
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 16:12
Hahahaha.. I pissed somebody off.. you think you used the four letter F word enough in that post? My friend was almost killed in the Madrid attacks. I just found out he lost his leg. So don't you dare ****ing minimize me.

I'm not one of those hillbillies. I happen to be European.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 16, 2004, 01:11   #488
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

You ****ing hillbillies in the south don't have to worry

I love you too.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old March 16, 2004, 01:13   #489
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:12
Panties in a bunch?

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old March 16, 2004, 01:25   #490
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia

who do you think you are? bill oreilly? sean hannity?
Why, do they say that too?
Old March 16, 2004, 01:35   #491
Ned
King

The Templar, I think the left is blinded by their hatred of Bush so much that they will even cut the legs out from the war on terror if somehow that gets Bush out of office.

This al Qaeda attack was specifically directed at Spain to fracture the Coalition and to drive Spain out of Iraq.

The attack succeeded.

The left will not accept this today even though we saw them bearing signs just last week to the effect that "the bombs fell in Iraq and landed in Spain." There were no doubts then that the left knew why al Qaeda attacked Spain. None at all.

No the new PM says that he is going to withdraw Spanish troops and somehow the left refused to accept that al Qaeda won. Spain is defeated. Europe is weakened. Ditto the coalition. Iraq has been placed in peril and the war on terror has taken a major step backwards.

These are the facts. The results in Spain were a major blow to the war on terror.
Old March 16, 2004, 01:44   #492
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Quote:
Why, do they say that too?
all the time, when the wolves try to hide under sheep skin and try to be human, and they feign shock.
Old March 16, 2004, 02:12   #493
NeOmega
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
The Templar, I think the left is blinded by their hatred of Bush so much that they will even cut the legs out from the war on terror if somehow that gets Bush out of office.

This al Qaeda attack was specifically directed at Spain to fracture the Coalition and to drive Spain out of Iraq.

The attack succeeded.

The left will not accept this today even though we saw them bearing signs just last week to the effect that "the bombs fell in Iraq and landed in Spain." There were no doubts then that the left knew why al Qaeda attacked Spain. None at all.

No the new PM says that he is going to withdraw Spanish troops and somehow the left refused to accept that al Qaeda won. Spain is defeated. Europe is weakened. Ditto the coalition. Iraq has been placed in peril and the war on terror has taken a major step backwards.

These are the facts. The results in Spain were a major blow to the war on terror.
No, the Spanish people won. Anzar tried to make Iraq a non-issue int he election, and almost succeeded. Al-Queada made it an issue.

Now seeing how once 90% of Spaniards rejected the Iraq war, and ANzar went ahead anyways like a pompous politician, the Spanish people won, and the people of the world enjoyed a victory. I hope Burlesconi, Blair, and Bush are shaknig in their boots.
Old March 16, 2004, 02:14   #494
NeOmega
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Hahahaha.. I pissed somebody off.. you think you used the four letter F word enough in that post? My friend was almost killed in the Madrid attacks. I just found out he lost his leg. So don't you dare ****ing minimize me.

I'm not one of those hillbillies. I happen to be European.
I thought you were leaving.

Too bad Anzar decided war was a god thing, or your friend might still have his leg today. How many Iraqi friends of your's lost their legs this year?
Old March 16, 2004, 02:15   #495
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by NeOmega

No, the Spanish people won. Anzar tried to make Iraq a non-issue int he election, and almost succeeded. Al-Queada made it an issue.

Now seeing how once 90% of Spaniards rejected the Iraq war, and ANzar went ahead anyways like a pompous politician, the Spanish people won, and the people of the world enjoyed a victory. I hope Burlesconi, Blair, and Bush are shaknig in their boots.
This only proves my point.
Old March 16, 2004, 02:34   #496
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by NeOmega

I thought you were leaving.

Too bad Anzar decided war was a god thing, or your friend might still have his leg today. How many Iraqi friends of your's lost their legs this year?
Your are pretty arrogant. Your also pretty pathetic. Anybody who is against the Iraqi liberation is arrogant and don't look at the bigger picture. You don't even dare try to accuse Aznar of this... you are no better than the Al Qaeda spokesperson on that tape. You cannot even spell Aznar's name right.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 16, 2004, 02:46   #497
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 15:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Scenario I: George W. Bush, president of United States, refuses Taliban offer to hand over Bin Laden and replace them with the Northern Alliance, a despised organization that was thrown away by the people of Afghanistan (believe it or not, the Northern Alliance is considered worse than the Taliban).

Same W. Bush attacks Iraq on false premises, perfectly knowing that pictures of dismembered children will inundate Al-Jazeera viewers. Iraq becomes a fiasco, and it is increasingly looking like America will leave it to its fate, though it obviously will build its oil wells.
During this time, he does nothing to resolve the Palestinian conflict.

Muslim fundamentalism rises. Bin Laden gets new recruits and is pleased.

Scenario II: Mr X, liberal president of the United States, accepts Taliban offer to hand over Bin Laden, and announces new humanitarian cooperation project to show his commitement towards building friendly ties.

Meanwhile, he uses his diplomatic force to lead an international initiative towards solving the Palestinian conflict. Recognizing the possible threat Iraq could present, he builds a multilateral coalition determined to enforce the WMD ban against Hussein.

Which one is most likely to help fundamentalist sentiment in the Muslim world?

Quote:
No. The effects of the attack were quite unexpected. In most countries (including America), the bombing would have helped the right, not the left.
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 16, 2004, 02:49   #498
Drake Tungsten
Deity

I think we need a "Fake Boris-verse" to serve as a counterpart to the Nedaverse. Only another alternate reality can explain the "facts" in that last post...
Old March 16, 2004, 02:50   #499
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo
My friend was almost killed in the Madrid attacks. I just found out he lost his leg.
I sincerely hope he wasn't insured and had to borrow money to pay for his healthcare.

Universal healthcare suxxors d00d!
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 16, 2004, 02:52   #500
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
I think we need a "Fake Boris-verse" to serve as a counterpart to the Nedaverse. Only another alternate reality can explain the "facts" in that last post...
You didn't know that the Taliban offered to hand over Bin Laden, didn't you? Yeah, that's serious.

And what Israel would do if the US threatened to withdraw all diplomatic and military support?

Oh, did I mention that America had no possibility at all to work multilaterally in the case of Iraq?
Old March 16, 2004, 02:53   #501
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
Yeah, that's serious.
Yeah, it is...
Old March 16, 2004, 02:55   #502
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
Quote:
Yeah, that's serious.
Yeah, it is...
Watch something else than Fox News, you ****ing dumbass. The Taliban were not dumb enough to lose their throne. They were willing to cooperate.
Old March 16, 2004, 02:56   #503
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Old March 16, 2004, 02:58   #504
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Dude I feel sorry for you.
Old March 16, 2004, 03:00   #505
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Here it is:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/waronterro...575593,00.html
Old March 16, 2004, 03:00   #506
Drake Tungsten
Deity

The feeling is mutual, I assure you.
Old March 16, 2004, 03:04   #507
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Oncle Boris

I sincerely hope he wasn't insured and had to borrow money to pay for his healthcare.

Universal healthcare suxxors d00d!
That is a real sick attitude to display when talking about one of my friends.

Boris, if that article is true about Bin Laden. Well I hope we take the opportunity if this guy is in fact telling the truth.
Old March 16, 2004, 03:04   #508
joncha
MacNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 04:12
Other Boris:

1) That comment about Fezcarlo's friend unnecessarily cruel. Unless his friend was Hitler or Franco, which in this case I sincerely doubt. You should probably apologize. Seriously.

2) You made a good argument in your post about how a hypothetical liberal president would handle things post-911. I'm not sure, however, how "liberal" a Gore/Lieberman White House would be.

3) I'd like to see some sources on the Taliban claim. Since there's no reason to believe it a except general distrust of George W, back it up or (if shown to be empty) it's just more ammo for the Neds and Fezcarlos of the world to use against you, and by extention, the rest of us who oppose Bush's warmongering.

jon.

And just in case a disputant, calls you to dispute about their claims,
Do not, then, dispute on them, except by way of an external dispute.
Old March 16, 2004, 03:05   #509
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 03:12
Post limit reached.