Old March 19, 2004, 02:35   #331
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 05:15
Local Date: November 3, 2010
jamski explained al lthe clues are TRUE , jsut some are not relevant .....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 19, 2004, 02:49   #332
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:15
Yeah, that was my point. Just because the clue was about them does not mean that the mafia is one of them. Or one of them is the mafia.
Old March 19, 2004, 03:37   #333
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 05:15
in fact th eperson he sent the clue to may ib fact be the mafia !!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 19, 2004, 03:43   #334
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

It is possible - for anyone who got clues.
Old March 19, 2004, 04:25   #335
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Code:

mafia

Name Voted for :
01) Zopperoni
02) HongHu Spiffor
03) Spaced Cowboy
07) Jon Miller Spiffor
08) Tuberski Spaced Cowboy
09) MrBaggins
10) Ghengis Farb Spiffor
11) GJRamsey Jon Miller
12) Theben Drogue
14) Vlad Antlerkov GhengisFarb
16) Drogue Jon  Miller
17) Skanky Burns Spiffor
18) Kassiopeia Jon Miller
19) Spiffor Jon  Miller
20) Doc Spiffor
22) MattH
24) Felch Skanky Burns
25) Guynemer Spiffor
26) ADG Jon  Miller
27) Mart7x5 Skanky Burns
28) Duke of York GhengisFarb
I make that :

Spiffor - 6
Jon Miller - 5
Skanky Burns - 2
GhengisFarb - 2
Spaced Cowboy - 1
Drogue - 1

That's 17 votes cast, 4 to go (-1 for Baggins = 3) which means it could be Jon Miller or Spiffor.

You have about 3 more hours to vote, my villagers

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 19, 2004, 07:35   #336
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 20:15
Spiffor seems to be squirming a lot. Maybe we got one this time.
Old March 19, 2004, 07:40   #337
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

If you wanted to save Spiffor...

/me looks at his watch *

...its too late already.

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 07:44   #338
DrSpike
Deity

I said maybe we got one this time. How is that expressing a desire to save him?
Old March 19, 2004, 07:47   #339
Skanky Burns

If you wanted to save Spiffor, maybe you shouldn't have voted for him.
Old March 19, 2004, 07:57   #340
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

When was the last time that Zopperoni voted in the mafia polls/docpiles?
Old March 19, 2004, 07:59   #341
Jamski
Deity

Scene 9 : The 5th Evening

The villagers didn't get much sleep that night. The sight of poor FlameFlash's body lying on the church floor was bad enough, but the behavior of some of the villagers as they played detective was enough to push some of the less patient villagers over the edge.

GhengisFarb, although new to the village, and Spiffor were practically accusing each other of being the killer, Tuberski wanted to dig up Alva's body and make sure he was dead, and some people even claimed to have seen the ghost of Father Raz, promising terrible punishments for the crime of his unlawful killing.

Basically noone slept a wink.

As was becoming usual in Apolytown the day had a certain pattern to it. After an excellent breakfast of kippers (since the meat was all gone now) cooked by Zopperoni, the Duke called the villagers together in the church where they would vote on the killer.

Today was slightly different.

"I'm not going through that door before you" said Felch to Skanky "In case you "stangle" me from behind"
"Pah" replied Skanky "What makes you think I'm going in the church at all. There's still a dead body on the floor, and the weather's above 80 again."
"Good point," said Theban, "Let's have the vote in my butcher's shop instead, the shelves are bare anyway."
"HEY!" said Spaced Cowboy and Kassi together. "Its not OUR fault"
"Fish is better for you anyway" said HongHu "Its full of vitamins"

So the town meeting took place in Theban's shop.

After much discussion, and claims of finding clues and so on the votes were mostly collected. In the distance the church clock strucj 6 again.

Duke asked the village if anyone wanted to volunteer to read the results. Noone stepped forward.
"Look what happened to the last people to read the results" called Mr Baggins, pipe in hand.
"Ah, thankyou for volunteering," said ADG, and pushed Baggins forward.

In a trembling voice, Baggins slowly read the results. As he went on both Jon Millar and Spiffor looked rather pale, but the final descison was for Spiffor, by only one vote.

"Can I have my big knife back then," Theben asked Tuberski.
"Umm... I don't have it with me" explained Tuberski.

The villagers looked to Duke for guidance.

"Let's hang him," Duke suggested.

The villagers carried Spiffor up to the roof of Rah's abandoned tavern, and tied a rope round his neck.
"Any last words, Spiffor?" called Mart from the ground, "Was it you what killed them all?"
"No!" said Spiffor "No, it was...aaagh!" He seemed to slip and fell from the roof, the rope breaking his neck before he hit the floor.

Noone wanted to cut him down. The sunset was beautiful that evening, but noone cared.

It is now night

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 08:24   #342
Jamski
Deity

Scene 10 : The 5th Night

HongHu was dreaming. She was in school in the summer... she was taking the register... but so many of the children were absent... the sun was so red... it was so hot... she was burning up... the smoke... and the school bell was ringing all the time... where were the children? The register was red with blood... the bell was still ringing... a rope... a rope coming down from the sun to catch her, to stop her breathing...

HongHu sat up in bed gasping for air. She couldn't breathe! She rushed to the window and flung it open, gasping for air. The bell was still ringing...

The church bell! It was the church bell!

"FIRE!" shouted voices in the street "FIRE! Get some water!"

HongHu snapped out of her dream. This was real. Smoke was filling the room. A ladder was placed against the window and Skanky Burns climbed in.

"Come with me, HongHu!" he shouted.

When HongHu was safely outside she saw what was happening.

Her house adjoined MrBaggin's tabacco shop, which was now blazing, lighting up the whole square. Thick tabacco smoke filled the air. No wonder she felt light headed.

The whole square was full of villagers, bringing beer and soft drinks from Skanky's bar and throwing it on the flames in an effort to stop the fire. Suddenly the church bell stopped ringing and a terrible sound of a man screaming filled the air.

"Arrrrrrgh! The flies! The flies with eyes! The flies in pies! They eat me they do, they burn me oh aaaaaaght oh holy mother of god its biting me its so big aaaaagh for the love of god why me... the flies they burn its killing me! Aaaaaaagh!"

The villagers could do nothing to stop the fire. With the river practically dry there was simply no water, and Skanky luckily stopped Felch trying to use whiskey as an extinguisher.

The screaming of MrBaggins inside the building finally stopped.

Ghenghis asked Ramsey "He sounds like he's gone insane"
"Ah, you're new, you wouldn't know" replied the author, "Baggins didn't just sell cigars, he sold opium too. Imagine him burning up while the room fills with cigar and opium smoke."
"My God" was Ghengis only reply.

"Why didn't he try to escape?" asked MattH?
"Who was ringing the bell?" asked Doc.

A look around the square confirmed that the whole village was now present.

"Someone who wanted the fire to be noticed, I guess" answered Vlad. Either that or... or someone that saw the fire and tried to save Baggins by sounding the alarm.

"But why would they do that and not say who they were?" asked Zopperoni to his boss.
"Perhaps they saw the killer and they're protecting him..." replied the Duke, "In which case this village is really in trouble"

The sun was rising on the charred remains of Baggin's shop, and the villagers had yet another sleepless night.

It is now day and the villagers can vote

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 08:26   #343
Jamski
Deity

Code:

mafia

Name Job Status
01) Zopperoni Butler to DoY alive
02) HongHu Teacher alive
03) Spaced Cowboy Cattle Rancher alive
04) Rasputin Priest dead - village
05) FlameFlash Altar Boy dead - strangled and beaten by the mafia
06) Frozzy Unemployed Alchoholic dead - village
07) Jon Miller Librarian alive
08) Tuberski Vet alive
09) MrBaggins Tabacconist dead - burnt alive
10) Ghengis Farb Amature Landscape Painter alive
11) GJRamsey Author alive
12) Theben Butcher alive
13) Alva Retired Major dead - shot in the rain by the mafia
14) Vlad Antlerkov Postman alive
15)CapitanGarlic Greengrocer dead - village
16) Drogue Stable boy alive
17) Skanky Burns Barkeeper alive
18) Kassiopeia Reindeer Farmer alive
19) Spiffor Baker's Apprentice dead - village
20) Doc Doctor alive
21) Rah Tavern Owner dead - strangled
22) MattH Police Constable alive
23) Chaunk Golf Caddy dead - killed by the mafia - strangled and beaten with a golf club.
24) Felch Mechanic alive
25) Guynemer Fisherman alive
26) ADG Fisherman's brother alive
27) Mart7x5 Carpenter alive
28) Duke of York Local Landowner alive
As usual the clues/herrings are in the post.

Have fun

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 08:41   #344
duke o' york
Emperor

Quote:
Originally sent to me by Jamski

A clue, a clue for you!

The kipper Zopperoni served you for breakfast was a smoked kipper. They are very unusual in Apolytown.

-Jam

Yay! A clue, a clue for me!
Unfortunately it's got bugger all to do with the murder though.
But I'm still going to vote for Zopperoni, not on the strength of this clue, but because he hasn't voted in ages.

[edit] Also, why did Skanky watch the school pupils burn to death, while making sure that their attractive teacher was "safe and sound"? He's a cad and a bounder, and now our village has no future. We'd better get making a new one..... "Duchess, I'm home from work early today...".

Last edited by duke o' york; March 19, 2004 at 08:46.
Old March 19, 2004, 09:05   #345
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 21:15
Quote:
Originally posted by Doc
Spiffor seems to be squirming a lot. Maybe we got one this time.
Tough luck.

But you guys just incited people not to share their clues. Better hidden than getting attention, even if that could help catch the actual mafias
Old March 19, 2004, 09:11   #346
Jamski
Deity

By the way, I would like to thank the mafia for selecting MrBaggins in advance of MrBaggins saying he had to leave the game. That worked out very nicely.

Coincidence is a great thing.

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 10:14   #347
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 13:15
I'm with DoY, Zopperoni may not be the Mafia but we got a 50/50 shot at it with him.

So Mafiawise were looking at a Strangler, a Pyromaniac, and a Shooter?

Possibly a Beater too, if the Beater and the Strangler both got Chaunk and FlameFlash on the same nights.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; March 19, 2004 at 10:20.
Old March 19, 2004, 10:32   #348
duke o' york
Emperor

Oops - Zop has come back.

Sorry!
Old March 19, 2004, 10:47   #349
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Yeah, it seems like we've got many different ways of killing
Maybe the strangler and beater is the same person, while the other killings are done by two different mafias? But the sequence doesn't sound logical, since it's two stranglings, then a shoting, then a strangling, then a burned alive...

But this still points towards Jon Miller, since he could probably get all the ideas by reading all those crime books at the library!
Old March 19, 2004, 10:47   #350
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 15:15
Well, if no one wants to deal with the body of M. Baggins, I could get the town some more smoked sausages...

meat is meat, right?
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 19, 2004, 10:51   #351
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:15
I still think it's Jon Miller.
Old March 19, 2004, 10:51   #352
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I think it's time to become a vegetarian
Old March 19, 2004, 11:01   #353
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by duke o' york
Oops - Zop has come back.

Sorry!
I was away all day yesterday and the entire morning today.
Old March 19, 2004, 11:08   #354
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Here the clue I got.
Quote:
***Mafia clue
A clue, a clue for you!

You remember Mr Baggins saying something while at Theban's about "...not going to eat anything today then, am I...?" But that's all you overheard. For some reason it stuck in your head.

-Jam
I decide that this may be true, but irrelavent.

My vote goes to tuberski for the red harring thing.

I'm pretty busy lately. So if I don't come back in time my next vote is skanky the purple shoes. In addition to the clue business, why would he be up so early in the night? But he saved me ... I'll try to come back before the next vote.

[Edit] Edited so that Tuberski's name is spelled right. ACK!

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; March 19, 2004 at 13:12.
Old March 19, 2004, 11:11   #355
DrSpike
Deity

There were a couple of clues involving Jon Miller , so he looks a fair punt.
Old March 19, 2004, 11:12   #356
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Why would I not be surprised if my death was due to my lack of being able to be active this round...

Curse the lack of an e-mail update this time.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 19, 2004, 11:14   #357
Jamski
Deity

Next game I can e-mail people when the game starts if they put their e-mail in the sign-up thread. Then its just one turn every 24 hours (to the minute! )

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 11:20   #358
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 14:15
Jon Miller looks like a nice docpile.
Old March 19, 2004, 11:43   #359
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

the evidence points to Zopperoni

Jon Miller
Old March 19, 2004, 12:02   #360
gjramsey
King

Local Time: 14:15
arghhh, now a burning??? there is no pattern, expect for the killing day and night!!!

I shall vote for Jon Miller again