Emperor

Local Time: 14:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by alva
Sweepstake:

Tubski & Thaban..
T&T
YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR THAT WHICH YOU CANNOT SPELL! HAHAHAHHAHA!

sorry i missed this
Old March 17, 2004, 03:11   #182
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:14
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be another after this one.
Old March 17, 2004, 04:15   #183
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:14
//*TAB
Votes so far.
Jon Miller - 3
Guynemer - 6
Rasputin - 7
Skanky - 1
HongHu - 1
Ghengis - 1
Spaced - 1
MattH - 1
Vlad - 1

I make that 22 votes, 3 dead and 3 still to vote = 28 villagers

There's still time for Guynemer the fisherman or Rasputin the priest to be killed.

But are either of them guilty

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 17, 2004, 04:38   #184
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Why ask us - you if anyone should know.
Old March 17, 2004, 04:43   #185
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I selected the mafia(s?) at random, and told Mrs J to contact them, the mafia(s?) then send their orders to her, and I type the story, ok

Oh, and can some good-hearted soul check my counting skills are not as bad as my spelling ones

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 05:06   #186
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 05:14
hmmm strangulation by Fishing wire leads to a priest ??? (damn did i jsut reveal the clue !!!)

And i wondr how many books mr baggins thinks priests read on murder ???

oh well the docpile is on ....

save your lovalbe priest people.. who esle is going to say a prayer for your souls ???
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 17, 2004, 05:53   #187
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
Mrs Jamski is the red herring!
I mean, who could really put up with living with Jamski?
Old March 17, 2004, 05:56   #188
Jamski
Deity

/me instructs the mafia to target prominent landowners and members of the aristocracy *

How long should I give the last voters? And who ARE we waiting for?

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 06:07   #189
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 21:14
Why don't you use the table from the past Mafia games?
Old March 17, 2004, 06:10   #190
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

...and didn't we agree on a 24 hour limit, would that leave about 1 hour or so left for voting...
Old March 17, 2004, 06:18   #191
duke o' york
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
* Jamski instructs the mafia to target prominent landowners and members of the aristocracy *
-Jam
Frankly, I'm amazed to have lasted this long. (Well, it's not that long really). I am tempted to change my name to "Innocent chap and not the mafia o' york", because I've found that the aristocracy usually buys it straight after the lawmen in this usually quiet village.
Old March 17, 2004, 06:31   #192
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
...and didn't we agree on a 24 hour limit, would that leave about 1 hour or so left for voting...
I'd say nearly exactly one hour. Perhaps I should start typing Rasputin's death scene already... or will someone force Guynemer's death at the final moment? Stay tuned, my friends... the sun is slowly setting in Apolytown, and the voting booth is nearly closed.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 06:51   #193
Jamski
Deity

Code:

mafia

Name Voted for :
01) Zopperoni
02) HongHu
03) Spaced Cowboy Rasputin
04) Rasputin Jon Miller
05) FlameFlash
07) Jon Miller Rasputin
08) Tuberski Spaced Cowboy
09) MrBaggins Rasputin
10) Ghengis Farb Vlad Antlerkov
11) GJRamsey Jon Miller
12) Theben MattH
13) Alva Guynemer
14) Vlad Antlerkov GhengisFarb
15) CapitanGarlic Rasputin
16) Drogue Rasputin
17) Skanky Burns Guynemer
18) Kassiopeia Rasputin
19) Spiffor Guynemer
20) Doc Guynemer
22) MattH Guynemer
24) Felch Guynemer
25) Guynemer Rasputin
26) ADG Jon Miller
27) Mart7x5 Skanky Burns
28) Duke of York HongHu
I make that
Rasputin - 7
Guynemer - 6
Everyone else is out of the running with only 3 votes to go.

Its odd to see that Doc, HongHu, Zopperoni and Flameflash are still to vote. They're normally more active...

I'll come back after my lunch and see what's happened.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 06:53   #194
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Did I vote last evening? I don't think so, so Guynemer

Edit: Amusing crosspost.
Old March 17, 2004, 06:54   #195
Jamski
Deity

Its possible I missed your vote. That's the main reason for getting the table out.

I'll edit it in.

Edit : In response to Doc's edit, did you think you were making the scores tied? It seems my running tally was miscounted.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 07:18   #196
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Yeah I was trying to make it interesting. But unfortunately I was misinformed.
Old March 17, 2004, 07:29   #197
Jamski
Deity

Time is up, writing the story...

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 07:51   #198
Jamski
Deity

Scene 5 : The 3rd Evening

The sun was just sinking below the horizon as the church clock struck 6pm. As everyone in the village heard the sound they gathered in the church again to hear the results.

Rasputin started to read the names and the votes on the list... but stopped suddenly and sat down. The villagers were quiet. FlameFlash spoke up,
"Are you alright Father?"
Rasputin motioned to the altar boy that he should read the rest of the list. FlameFlash's face turned ash grey as his eyes skimmed down the names. He turned to look at Rasputin with a look of slowly dawning horror...

"Hurry up reading that list!" yelled Theben from the crowd.
"Yeah," shouted GhengisFarb, "Who is the killer?" As a visitor to the village he had no idea that one of the names on the list was his.

"Please, we need quiet" demanded the Duke. "Finish reading the names, FlameFlash"

The altar boy was visibly trembling by the time he reached the end of the list and annoced the totals.
"So, in total that's 6 votes for Guynemer" ADG grabbed his brother's arm to stop him running out the church, "And..." FlameFlash paused "...And..."

Rasputin stood up. "And seven votes for me" He looked at FlameFlash with a fatherly grace. "Its not your fault, my son, you didn't even vote" He raised his voice "And its not your fault either, my neighbours, you knew not what you did"

This time there were no prayers said for the soon-to-be-departed soul of the suspect.

Rasputin was lead outside the church where Spiffor and Felch tied him to a tree.

"Why did you do it?" asked Ghengis "Or is it normal to kill two of your neighbours in this village?"

"It wasn't me," spat the priest, "I swear by God"

Vlad asked Kassiopea "Why did you vote for the priest?" It seemed like there could have been a fish connection somewhere."
Before Kassiopea could answer Rasputin interrupted "Its because I read from Jonah last night isn't it? Jonah and the whale... You feel that I am judging your actions when you invoked "The Old Way", well.. if you want fish, how about a red herring!"

The villagers had had enough of Rasputin's rantings by now, so while Jon Miller held his mouth closedl, and Spaced his held his body in place, Mart7x5 quickly used a hacksaw and removed his head.

The priest's hands twitched and made the sign of the cross long after the head was removed.
"Just a nervous reflex" said Doc.

Everyone agreed, but noone volunteered to remove the headless corpse from the tree and bury it.

It is now night

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 08:01   #199
duke o' york
Emperor

Another good write-up.
Old March 17, 2004, 08:16   #200
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I can't believe this village just executed my childhood friend!
Old March 17, 2004, 08:20   #201
Jamski
Deity

Scene 6 : The 3rd Night

With the electricity in the village still cut off by the landslide the only illumination the night after Rasputin's execution was the moon. At about 8pm most of the villagers were gathered together in Skanky's bar, drinking and talking about the last few days.
"Do you think he was the killer?" asked Tuberski.
"Who? Fasther Rasputin? I doubt that very much," replied Kassiopea. "To be honest I'm worrying a bit about going back to my farm later this evening. I think I'll ask Skanky if I can sleep at the bar tonight."

Alva overheard this conversation.
"What's all this talk of being scared, old boys?"
CaptainGarlic chipped in "I don't remember being scared back in the war, sir, but then again..."
The major swung around smartly on his heel.
"Don't interrupt me again when I'm speaking, Captain, old boy!" He returned his attention to Kassi. "If you think there's still a killer on the loose, then we should look for him, what what?"

The others in the bar didn't look too enthusiastic, but soon Alva and Garlic had them organised into two "patrols" of 3 men each.

Alva took charge of Kassiopea and Theben and set off in the darkness to patrol the north side of the square. Captian Garlic took Zopperoni and Drogue with him southwards. All the men were armed with pistols from Alva's substantial collection.

The night had quickly clouded over, and there was now no illumination at all. The two patrols were forced to use old fashioned burning torches in order to see where they were going. The scene would have been funny, were it not so serious.

Of course clouds lead normally to rain, and in this case very heavy rain. It poured down in torrents, and it was soon impossible to keep the torches alight. Captain Garlic led his small patrol under an overhanging roof to shelter from the downpour, and spoke to them.

"Drogue, Zopperoni, you may as well go home. There could be a killer right in front of use and we wouldn't see him in this weather."

The others agreed and turned to leave.

"Wait! What's that?" shouted Drogue and pointed into the darkness "I saw someone"

Dramatically the first lighting flash of the evening lit the scene. It was Alva and his patrol, pistols raised to fire, spread out accross the square about 20 yards in front of Zopperoni.

All six men relaxed.

"Phew, I thought I saw a killer then, " called Drogue over to Alva "But I'm glad it was just you lot"

Suddenly a dark shape chraged between the two patrols, arms waving in the air, knocking Drogue to the floor. Instictively in a blind panic all 6 men opened fire.

There was a deafening fusilade of bullets.

"We've killed a bloody reindeer!" exclaimed Kassi.
"Good shooting old boys!" commented Alva.
"I'll expect compensation, Major"

Alva started to reply, but his response was drowned out by the thunder following the lighting flash. "...that house, but I can't be sure"

"What was that, sir?" shouted Garlic

Another flash of lighting came. This one was much closer. In the bright light Garlic saw a lot more than just 6 raincoat-clad figures in the square. The other villagers were leaving Skanky's bar to go home and had been drawn into the square by the sound of the shooting.

"Get back indoors, you fools" ordered Garlic. "Tell them to get back indoors, Alva!"

There was another deafening crack of thunder.

"Alva?" called Garlic

"You'd better get him inside" came a voice from accross the square . "He's been shot"

The villagers brought Major Alva inside the bar, but it was too late. He had been shot in the throat, and was already coughing out blood.

"Don't try to talk" councelled Doc.

Alva raised his right hand to salute Captain Garlic one last time and died. Jon Miller looked at the Captain.

"So, what kind of gun was he shot with? You're a millitary man, you must know." demanded the librarian.
"I was a sailor, not a soldier," replied Garlic with a shake of his head "And you've read too many detective stories"

The villagers ran through the violent storm to their homes and locked the doors.

It is now day again and the villagers can vote

-Jam

Last edited by Jamski; March 17, 2004 at 08:47.
Old March 17, 2004, 08:28   #202
Jamski
Deity

Code:

mafia

Name Job Status
01) Zopperoni Butler to DoY alive
02) HongHu Teacher alive
03) Spaced Cowboy Cattle Rancher alive
04) Rasputin Priest dead - village
05) FlameFlash Altar Boy alive
06) Frozzy Unemployed Alchoholic dead - village
07) Jon Miller Librarian alive
08) Tuberski Vet alive
09) MrBaggins Tabacconist alive
10) Ghengis Farb Amature Landscape Painter alive
11) GJRamsey Author alive
12) Theben Butcher alive
13) Alva Retired Major dead - shot in the rain by the mafia
14) Vlad Antlerkov Postman alive
15) CapitanGarlic Greengrocer alive
16) Drogue Stable boy alive
17) Skanky Burns Barkeeper alive
18) Kassiopeia Reindeer Farmer alive
19) Spiffor Baker's Apprentice alive
20) Doc Doctor alive
21) Rah Tavern Owner dead - strangled
22) MattH Police Constable alive
23) Chaunk Golf Caddy dead - killed by the mafia - strangled and beaten with a golf club.
24) Felch Mechanic alive
25) Guynemer Fisherman alive
26) ADG Fisherman's brother alive
27) Mart7x5 Carpenter alive
28) Duke of York Local Landowner alive
The 2 clues have been "spotted" and sent by PM.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 08:35   #203
Spiffor

I just got a clue:

Quote:
Your friend Rasputin told you that he heard lots of things in the confessional. Noone confessed to being a killer though.
Looks like a red herring if you ask me. But that may mean the killer is nonreligious, and one of the few of us, as Rasputin heard so "many things"
Old March 17, 2004, 08:37   #204
duke o' york
Emperor

I got all excited when I saw I had a PM, but it was just Zopperoni wanting to talk about football.

Spiffor - did you hear about anything "interesting" from Ras's confessional?

Last edited by duke o' york; March 17, 2004 at 08:42.
Old March 17, 2004, 08:52   #205
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by duke o' york
Spiffor - did you hear about anything "interesting" from Ras's confessional?
I think I remember something involving an affair between Rah and HongHu
Old March 17, 2004, 09:13   #206
Skanky Burns

A clue for me too.
Quote:
GJRamsey, Felch and the Duke left your bar early before closing time. They weren't "in the mood", they said.
Not that I blame them - it is hard to enjoy yourself when you may die during the night or even during the day.
Old March 17, 2004, 09:14   #207
gjramsey
King

Local Time: 14:14
It just didn't seem right drinking Rah's beer in Skanky's place....
Old March 17, 2004, 09:22   #208
duke o' york
Emperor

That's a red herring Skanky! I'd never leave the pub before closing, unless to go to another.
Old March 17, 2004, 09:45   #209
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 13:14
Woo Hoo! I got a clue also:
Quote:
As usual a 50% chance of this being a bunch of crap.

Captain Garlic was never in the navy. He was on a fishing boat with the father of ADG and Guynemer.

-Jam
If Jamski only sent out 2 clues why have three people posted clues?
Old March 17, 2004, 09:48   #210
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Do the other five out in the rain have a perfect alibi for this murder?

Finns and Swedes never go to confession?