Old March 16, 2004, 12:21   #61
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:15
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
A terrorist attack.
You do realise we were talking about the Hive attack, right?

And it was purple cheese, dammit.
/me goes off and sulks.
Old March 16, 2004, 12:32   #62
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 19:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ah ok so you say that the HIVE government is a terrorist nation
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 16, 2004, 12:32   #63
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I thought we were talking about CyCon mind-controling a colony pod.
Remember, the Hive freed the PEACE citizens from the pod, leaving them alive

/me eats Skanky's cold pizza *

Yuck!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 16, 2004, 12:46   #64
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

So mind-controlling people kills them, but shooting them with military-grade weapons leaves them free and alive?

Perhaps the CPU should start offering free courses in logic.
Old March 16, 2004, 12:51   #65
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:15
Quote:
I thought we were talking about CyCon mind-controling a colony pod.
Was already discussed, POW's , remember?

Quote:
Remember, the Hive freed the PEACE citizens from the pod, leaving them alive
Declared void (again ), the citizens were locked in their transport vehicle, and missiles on that sort of unarmed unit doesn't blast holes, it incinerates the target. Especially in the light of bad gunnery stats of Hive air forces.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 12:51   #66
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Of course! Mind control kills thier freedom to choose, and shooting them frees them from the bounds of life!!!

/me wonders what he's on today *

-Jam
Old March 16, 2004, 12:52   #67
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Of course! Mind control kills thier freedom to choose, and shooting them frees them from the bounds of life!!!

* Jamski wonders what he's on today *
Now I understand your logic, but I certainly don't approve of it. I think you've chosen your faction well, Jamski, I salute you for that.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 12:53   #68
Skanky Burns

V is always good. But I guess that is much more suited to my time of posting than yours.
Old March 16, 2004, 12:56   #69
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
I think you've chosen your faction well, Jamski, I salute you for that.
My faction seem to disagree with that statement at least once a week

-Jam
Old March 16, 2004, 13:04   #70
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
My faction seem to disagree with that statement at least once a week
You're a Philosophical Party Theoreticus, those are never liked.

I wonder how you would do as a bible thumping Believer in a possible future ACSP?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 13:45   #71
Jamski
Deity

I'd have GREAT FUN, although I'm more of a bible burner IRL

-Jam
Old March 16, 2004, 14:01   #72
Skanky Burns

Who said you had to believe in a cause to fight for it?
Old March 16, 2004, 14:08   #73
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
I'd have GREAT FUN, although I'm more of a bible burner IRL
Imagine all those people you can send to the stake.

You don't need to research that much to punish your population with a nerve stapler, a punishment sphere or the like then.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 14:11   #74
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Who said you had to believe in a cause to fight for it?
Indeed. Some just enjoy the honour of the fight

-Jam
Old March 16, 2004, 16:45   #75
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:15
Ok let me ask this question.

If founding a base with the Pod would have been considered an agressive action by the Hive, AND moving the Pod was considered an agressive Action, would the Hive have let it live it it simply had sat still? It sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you dont kind of argument here.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 16, 2004, 18:00   #76
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Ok let me ask this question.

If founding a base with the Pod would have been considered an agressive action by the Hive, AND moving the Pod was considered an agressive Action, would the Hive have let it live it it simply had sat still? It sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you dont kind of argument here.
Withdrawing the pod would have been the proper course of action. The Central Military Committee was concerned that the base would be used for military purposes, which could be a threat to the security of the Hiverian homeland. The action was taken as a prudent means by which to ensure our long term security. We would have allowed PEACE to establish a base there; this does not mean we would have allowed you to do it.
Old March 16, 2004, 18:32   #77
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Need we remind you that we had no transport in the Vacinity to do that with. So you basicaly gave us no option that would have satisfied you and did not even comunicate to us that you would attack the Pod if we did not move it in adsactly the manor you wished. As I said before you MUST comunicate your wishes if you expect them to be honored, only then can you possibly justify destroying a unit of ours. You must be realistic and realize your hasty actions were over the line and reperations will be required for this action if we are to avoid further escalations. The Hive needs to change its tune from belittling the significance of the attack to one of apology and reconsiliation. It is not too late for us to avoid a full scale war.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 16, 2004, 19:28   #78
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Withdrawing the pod would have been the proper course of action. The Central Military Committee was concerned that the base would be used for military purposes, which could be a threat to the security of the Hiverian homeland. The action was taken as a prudent means by which to ensure our long term security. We would have allowed PEACE to establish a base there; this does not mean we would have allowed you to do it.
Well, it looks that we both have our way now. No base can be founded on that island even if we wanted so, and Hive does not have an advanced base near our territory as well, even if you wanted so.

I propose that from now on hostilities cease, and we all retreat our respective units out of each others way, while signing at least a Truce between Hive and CPU, and between PEACE and CyCon.

I propose further that from that point on diplomatic talks continue in the hope that an agreement can be reached that culminates in the signing of a Treaty between our respective nations.

I like to remember the chairman that long term security is best achieved by friendly behaviour between bordering nations, not by continual skirmishes which are most likely to escalate in an unwanted war between our nations.

At this moment the ball is in the hands of Hive, and in a lesser way, PEACE. If preliminary agreements can be reached by a continual communication, then this year a truce can already be transmittted by factions which haven't played their turns yet. I think it is safe to assume that CPU will gladly accept such a transmitted request.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 19:58   #79
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

Well, it looks that we both have our way now.

Yes. And it came straight out of PEACE's hide in all ways. Big surprise. But at least you can feel justified.
Old March 16, 2004, 20:03   #80
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by foolish_icarus
Yes. And it came straight out of PEACE's hide in all ways. Big surprise. But at least you can feel justified.
Captain, I'm more or less born in this war, I didn't started it. At the moment I'm doing my very best to stop it. I hope you can appreciate that.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 20:36   #81
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Need we remind you that we had no transport in the Vacinity to do that with. So you basicaly gave us no option that would have satisfied you and did not even comunicate to us that you would attack the Pod if we did not move it in adsactly the manor you wished. As I said before you MUST comunicate your wishes if you expect them to be honored, only then can you possibly justify destroying a unit of ours. You must be realistic and realize your hasty actions were over the line and reperations will be required for this action if we are to avoid further escalations. The Hive needs to change its tune from belittling the significance of the attack to one of apology and reconsiliation. It is not too late for us to avoid a full scale war.
Long term security in this case, I believe that the Central Military Committee intelligence report stated that the base would allow you to be within striking distance of the Hiverian homeland by air. I was not present in the Hive when this order was given, I may have done things otherwise were I there but hindsight is perfect, in the mean time I stand behind the decision of the Human Hive made in my absence. As for reparations the Human Hive would be more than willing to reimburse PEACE for their colony pod which we destroyed, I’m certain that PEACE would not have wanted their colony pod to fall into your hands, we did them a favor. Well Comrade I would suggest you put in an application for the Foreign Affairs Committee if you want to have a say in Hiverian foreign policy until then the sovereign People of the Human Hive will freely chose how to conduct their foreign policy. We have nothing to apologize for, we destroyed property which did not belong to you to begin with, if anything we owe an apology and reparations to PEACE. Also let it be kindly noted that the Hive does not take well to threats.
Old March 16, 2004, 20:39   #82
Voltaire
King

Quote:
At this moment the ball is in the hands of Hive, and in a lesser way, PEACE. If preliminary agreements can be reached by a continual communication, then this year a truce can already be transmittted by factions which haven't played their turns yet. I think it is safe to assume that CPU will gladly accept such a transmitted request.
Any diplomacy will have to go through official channels, all such decisions are left to the People of the Human Hive, I do not have the power to rule on them.
Old March 16, 2004, 21:06   #83
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Any diplomacy will have to go through official channels, all such decisions are left to the People of the Human Hive, I do not have the power to rule on them.
I'm fully aware of that, chairman. I merely wish to announce publicly that diplomacy is conducted through official channels, and express my hopes in a positive outcome.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 22:49   #84
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Quote:

Captain, I'm more or less born in this war, I didn't started it. At the moment I'm doing my very best to stop it. I hope you can appreciate that.
I sincerely hope you succeed. But your faction's repeated sophistries and denials of responsibility is not exactly an encouraging indication that you want peace.
Old March 16, 2004, 23:35   #85
Skanky Burns

Quote:
We have nothing to apologize for, we destroyed property which did not belong to you to begin with, if anything we owe an apology and reparations to PEACE. Also let it be kindly noted that the Hive does not take well to threats.

You destroyed property that belonged to CPU. It was our spoils of war, and internationally recognised as such.
I for one feel that the Hive should pay for their barbaric actions against our unarmed, helpless civilians. If not voluntarily, then with their own blood.
Old March 17, 2004, 01:16   #86
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns Perhaps the CPU should start offering free courses in logic.
They shouldn't quit their day-cycle-jobs yet, I think.
Old March 17, 2004, 01:18   #87
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns I for one feel that the Hive should pay for their barbaric actions against our unarmed, helpless civilians. If not voluntarily, then with their own blood.
One feels empathy for your plight, but is confused as to why "punishing the Hive" has become associated with "destroying PEACE". Perhaps you could clarify?
Old March 17, 2004, 01:48   #88
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
You destroyed property that belonged to CPU. It was our spoils of war, and internationally recognised as such.
I for one feel that the Hive should pay for their barbaric actions against our unarmed, helpless civilians. If not voluntarily, then with their own blood.
If I recall correctly your aggression was deemed illegal by the Council, furthermore please show me this ‘international recognition’ of your spoils of war, the Hive does not recognize your claim to any such spoils obtained during an illegal action, nor does PEACE recognize your claims, and I would be surprised if the Drones recognizes it as well; so clearly it hardly has international recognition, in fact the opposite is true, your claim does not have international recognition.

First of all, they were not your civilians, they were PEACE civilians, we’d be more than happy to pay reparations to PEACE. Second of all the CyCon was attempting to use civilians as a shield in an attempt to establish a military base within the reach of Hiverian soil. Also is that a threat? Should we take this as the view of all CyConians? The Hive wants peace, but we will have peace on fair and equitable terms, not on your terms. The People of the Human Hive do not take well to threats; I suggest that the CyCon tone their rhetoric down if they want to remain on amiable terms. The Human Hive shall not pay any reparations whatsoever to the CyCon, we are however open to reimbursing PEACE—the rightful owner of the colony pod—all they have to do is ask.
Old March 17, 2004, 02:38   #89
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Can somebody please please point me to the source of this so-called 'evidence' proving that CPU intended to use that CP to build a base? This has been claimed numerous times, and has not been substantiated anywhere, even when this was pointed out.
Old March 17, 2004, 03:22   #90
Impaler[WrG]
King

We dont realy care if you send more Credits to the Pirates, thats between you and them.

Might I point out the hypocritical asertion that the Hive would find a Cycon base (which we never even inteded to create) at that location an anacceptable threat when said location was equal distance from a Cycon base namely Atlantis. Seeing as your Pacted with PEACE if we had not Mind Controled the Pod it would be the HIVE who possesed the forward air base within range of us. We ofcorse had no intentions of doing this (and you have only a untenable supositon that we did) yet the Hive was most obviously sheltering and inviting the creation of a PEACE base on said location.

You have said numerous times that you felt agitated because our war with PEACE was growing clower to your territory, why then have you activly sheltered and assisted PEACE in building bases closer to Hive territory? If the Hive had told PEACE to get out of its territory rather then invite them in then that Colony Pod would never have even been their in the first place.

We should declare the islands in question a Nutral Zone untill such time as perminent ownership can be negotiated. No faction will move units into the area or build bases within it, this will assure long term stability in the region.