Old March 16, 2004, 10:12   #1
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 21:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CMC: Preliminary Strategy Survey (M.Y. 2160)
Fellow Comrades, current military intelligence reports the University invasion to start M.Y. 2160. We have airforces positioned behind University borders (near Longreach) ready to strike. An airdrop division is stationed at Freedman Park waiting to enter Longreach. Additionally, we have scattered reinforcements awaiting orders.

The primary objective is to establish a base of operation at Longreach and invade all University settlements in close coordination with the Free Drones. By M.Y. 2162 (hopefully M.Y. 2161) the University should be completely eradicated. This is in accordance with the plans presented by Foreman buster.

The Central Military Committee suggests we dispatch all nearby available invasion forces to secure the primary objective.

The secondary objective is to continue massing military forces sufficient to launching a new frontline once the primary objective is accomplished. Currently, we face three options:

1) Advance further towards CyCon territory via former University settlements
2) Invade the Data Angels
3) Delay any new invasion plans in order to better assess the situation and our alternatives

We should under no circumstances compromise our homeland defenses!

The Central Military Committee requests suggestions, comments and feedback.

Comrade Rubin
Chairman of the Central Military Committee
Old March 16, 2004, 14:45   #2
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 14:18
Re: CMC: Preliminary Strategy Survey (M.Y. 2160)
Quote:
Originally posted by Rubin
Fellow Comrades, current military intelligence reports the University invasion to start M.Y. 2160. We have airforces positioned behind University borders (near Longreach) ready to strike. An airdrop division is stationed at Freedman Park waiting to enter Longreach. Additionally, we have scattered reinforcements awaiting orders.

The primary objective is to establish a base of operation at Longreach and invade all University settlements in close coordination with the Free Drones. By M.Y. 2162 (hopefully M.Y. 2161) the University should be completely eradicated. This is in accordance with the plans presented by Foreman buster.

The Central Military Committee suggests we dispatch all nearby available invasion forces to secure the primary objective.
I agree with taking Uni out of action first. The biggest problem I see with the erradication of Uni, is how to we conquer Carbooltol (sp?)? It is on a penisula on the Southwestern part of Uni. It is in the center of the monolith center with fungus all around it and fungus on the penisual. It has a aerospace center. We can't drop into or with 2 spaces of it. It will take a long time to advance a unit through the fungus if we drop onto or near the peninsular. It will take a long time to land a unit with a transport) on the fungus adjacent to Carbooltol. Without something that can cross the fungus easily it will be difficult to take this position, even more so if CyCon garrisons it well.
Quote:

The secondary objective is to continue massing military forces sufficient to launching a new frontline once the primary objective is accomplished. Currently, we face three options:

1) Advance further towards CyCon territory via former University settlements
2) Invade the Data Angels
3) Delay any new invasion plans in order to better assess the situation and our alternatives
I prefer placing our main emphasis on taking the Data Angel homeland. DA does not have DAP yet once we get a foothold we should be able to take their empire easily. Hong Hu rushed a cruiser transport in or near New Moscow last turn. We should place a couple of drop rovers and drop 1-best-1 infantry on it. I was think that we could either land these on the DA mainland or we could take Conshelf57, unload these units there and then the following turn drop them into the DA homeland cities.

Focuses on DA will:
Bring us more resources more quickly than an assualt on CyCons eastern border.
Will deny DA holdings to CyCon.
DA holdings are much closer to our main bases and sources new units than CyCons eastern bases.
CyCon should have their hands full with the invasion on their eastern borders.
Once we take the DA we will be much stronger and will threaten CyCon from the West, while Buster and our small expeditionary force launched and supported by our captured Uni bases threaten Cycon from the east.

Quote:
We should under no circumstances compromise our homeland defenses!
True. True. True.

This is the prime reason I have been pushing for needlejets. Needlejets give us unequaled recon ability (can search up to 12 spaces from our shores, loiter at the end of the turn then return to base). We should have at least four (launch two each turn) performing longe range search missions over the waters approaching our shores. I would like more than four for additional recon and long range strike. As long as we continue our military unit production we should always have at least one or two new build choppers available each turn. If we stop building choppers we should keep at least two (or more if the threat increases) on standby.

The best homeland defense is pushing the CyCon bases back and well patrolling our approches.

Note that we are very lucky thay the DA did not launch their two invasions (2158 and 2159) on our shores 2 or 3 years earlier when we did not have choppers.
Quote:

The Central Military Committee requests suggestions, comments and feedback.
I welcome the oppurtuntiy to help shape the military direction of the Hive.

Quote:

Comrade Rubin
Chairman of the Central Military Committee

Mead
Old March 16, 2004, 18:14   #3
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:18
The Central Continuing Committee would like to express its wholehearted support for the Central Military Committee report on the activities of our armed forces.

Comrade Mead has already stated well what I think so I shall not bother to repeat it. Though it needs to be pointed out after we secure the demise of the University it is my opinion that we need to reassess our military standing at that time. We may need to consolidate our University holdings before moving toward invading the CyCon. I do not believe we should tackle the problem of the Data Angels at this time, they are of no threat to the Hive. The CyCon should remain our primary objective once the University has been conquered, though we should not immediately proceed with the invasion of the CyCon, we need to see how the situation has developed and from there proceed at the proper time once all factors have been considered.

Therefore the CCC opts out for option #3 to delay new invasion plans until the situation has been reassessed. This seems the most prudent course of action, it is too early to plan for a CyCon invasion, we have not even completed our current operations.

Lastly, the CCC commends Comrade Rubin and the CMC for its uncompromising commitment to the defence of the homeland. The CCC would like to officially adopt the stance that our homeland security is of primary priority, and that under no circumstances should we compromise it in the hopes of military victory. As Sun Tzu said the good general places himself beyond defeat, that is all he can do, it is up to his enemy to pave the path to victory; these words of wisdom should guide our military policy.

Chairman Voltaire
Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive
Old March 17, 2004, 17:38   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:18
I agree with Rubin and Mead that after the Uni war we should attack Roze instead of directly attack CyCons. If all goes well all uni bases but Carbool should be occupied in turn 2161. We can then negotiate a cease fire with the CCs and go to war with Roze. It is possible that CCs will be so mad that they refuse to stop war against us. However if we have prevented them from getting MMI they may need some time to retaliate against us. In the mean time we would be able to prepare Roze bases so that we can use them to attack CCs.

I have not started building a colony pod in Franky yet IIRC so I would appreciate a deadline when CMC feels a outpost base in the south east coast is needed.

Also in preparation of Data Angel war I propose in addition to the dropped rovers and garissons we may also need some dropped probes. CCs have not infiltrated us yet.

Grapefruit Garden