Old March 17, 2004, 02:24   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 06:19
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Nuclear War VIII
Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to me through:

PM
MSN/email: angusniven @ hotmail.com

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure I have received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (I won't deflect for you, I won't do anything for you... ), and since I post a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# of turns missed: Consequences:
1: nothing
2: You’ll lose one city this round
3: You’ll lose two cities this round
4: ---------you get Wasted--------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 9 AM GMT each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If I have received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and I’ll post the results early

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn, except for observation missions, which can be changed until you receive the information.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with one spy

Orders:

Launch Nukes:

The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

* Stockpile Nukes:
When stockpiling nukes you can launch 4 nukes instead of 2 at some time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to nuke someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may, but (obviously), you can only use two.

* Deflect:
When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker:
Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed (caught by the guards). After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

* Build a Bunker:

Gives you another bunker to use.

* Train a new spy:
Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies)

Build City:
You get one extra city.

Sabotage (Spy):
When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on bunkers; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but I don't recieve any orders, I'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course I'll send you a msg that I didn't recieve your orders)

Player and City List:

Spaced Cowboy:
WASTED

Skanky Burns:
2 cities (Thief, Civ 3)

MrBaggins:
2 cities (Mecca, Jerusalem)

Hercules:
1 city (Gloom)

Orders Received From:

Orders Not Received From:

MrBaggins
Hercules
Skanky Burns

Turns Missed:

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; April 5, 2004 at 06:48.
Old March 17, 2004, 03:14   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Okies, my orders are in now.
Old March 17, 2004, 04:22   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Who was I pacted with? I forget.

Orders sended.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 17, 2004, 10:21   #4
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

We won't be actually running a turn til 9ish tommorow, right?
Old March 17, 2004, 11:45   #5
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 14:19
Orders in.
Old March 17, 2004, 12:27   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

About 9am GMT is normal for GT.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 17:17   #7
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:19
Orders sent.
Old March 17, 2004, 17:36   #8
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Order scent.
Old March 17, 2004, 19:11   #9
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 20:19
Sent.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:51   #10
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

No orders received from Mr. Baggins, everybody else's orders are in. I'll post the results at 9 AM GMT or when Baggins' orders are in, whichever comes first.
Old March 18, 2004, 04:14   #11
Jamski
Deity

Better get out of bed, Mr Baggins

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 06:33   #12
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Report for 18th of March 2004
Today was a day of building, with Hercules, Vlad Antlerkov, Spaced Cowboy, and Doc building the cities of 'Zoom', 'Objectively Pro-Evil', 'Jamski's Beyatch', and 'hot' respectively, and Skanky Burns and Jamski working on unknown projects.

Meanwhile, MrBaggins has not been seen since being sworn in as a leader; rumours of a small, slimy-looking creature muttering to itself and slinking about near his offices have yet to be confirmed.
Old March 18, 2004, 06:40   #13
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

My drones have been given their commands. Now fly, my pretties, fly!!! :evilcackle:
Old March 18, 2004, 07:19   #14
DrSpike
Deity

Baggins said he sent, so might be best to give him a spy.
Old March 18, 2004, 08:52   #15
Jamski
Deity

Sended
/me clicks his heels together*

Up, up and away!

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 23:04   #16
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Unfortunately, I have to bow out for a while, due to work actually expecting to do some work on a db project, thats going to cut into my forum time significantly.

the nerve of some people... I know...

Anyway... I expect that I probably won't be able to devote enough time to keep up right now, so I'll join another game later.

Tnx
Old March 19, 2004, 02:07   #17
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Unfortunately I thought this game would have started sooner and be almost over by now. I am away from Today until March 28th. So I suppose my cities will just disappear 1 by 1
Old March 19, 2004, 02:29   #18
Skanky Burns

So we are down to 5 players already?
Old March 19, 2004, 02:42   #19
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Pretty much, although Herc has left a queue... I'll leave MrBaggins' cities as they are in case he gets back before we finish.

Anyway, still in need of orders from Skanky, Doc, and Vlad.
Old March 19, 2004, 02:47   #20
Skanky Burns

What happened to the orders I sent you 7 minutes after the previous round finished?
Old March 19, 2004, 02:48   #21
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Oops, got the orders files mixed up... sorry. Let me amend that: I'm still in need of orders from Vlad.
Old March 19, 2004, 07:16   #22
Skanky Burns

Ahh, much better.
(Cuz I forgot what my orders were)
Old March 19, 2004, 07:21   #23
DrSpike
Deity

Wow that was lucky, I forgot yesterday to send. Sending now.
Old March 19, 2004, 07:26   #24
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Report for 19th of March 2004
The first nukes flew today, with Vlad Antlerkov launching 2 nukes at MrBaggins, destroying his new city of Salt Lake City, along with Vatican City. Meanwhile, Hercules and Skanky Burns built the cities of Room and Morrowind respectively, and Spaced Cowboy managed to avert destruction at the hands of Jamski's stockpile with timely sabotage mission. He is apparently working on an unknown project, along with Doc.

Total Player Losses:

MrBaggins: 2 cities (2 left)

Remaining City List:

Doc:
4 cities (Prime, Whole, Real, hot)

Spaced Cowboy:
4 cities (No, Kill, I, Jamski's Beyatch)

Skanky Burns:
4 cities (Thief, SMAC, Tibia, Morrowind)

Jamski:
3 cities (Pike, Trout, Haddock)

MrBaggins:

Vlad Antlerkov:
4 cities (Patriot Act, tax Cuts, Why Do You Hate Antlerkovistan So Much?, Objectively Pro-Evil)

Hercules:
5 cities (Gloom, Doom, Boom, Zoom, Room)
Old March 19, 2004, 07:49   #25
Skanky Burns

My orders are in now.
Old March 19, 2004, 08:34   #26
Jamski
Deity

Damn, evil spy mission

Orders sent.

-Jam
Old March 19, 2004, 10:40   #27
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 14:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Damn, evil spy mission

Orders sent.

-Jam
And perfectly timed, I might add.
Old March 19, 2004, 11:06   #28
Jamski
Deity

I think some people are geting to know me too well

-Jam
Old March 20, 2004, 05:18   #29
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Report for 20th of March 2004
Today was mainly occupied by further building and secret projects, with the only one who bucked the trend being Vlad Antlerkov, who launched a pair of nukes at Hercules. One of them struck home, destroying the city of Room, but the other was deflected to Jamski, who then passed it on to Spaced Cowboy, where it destroyed his newly-built city of Skanky's Ho.

Meanwhile, everyone else was busy working on unknown projects.

Total Player Losses:

Hercules: 1 city (4 left)
Spaced Cowboy: 1 city (4 left)

Remaining City List:

Doc:
4 cities (Prime, Whole, Real, hot)

Spaced Cowboy:
4 cities (No, Kill, I, Jamski's Beyatch)

Skanky Burns:
4 cities (Thief, SMAC, Tibia, Morrowind)

Jamski:
3 cities (Pike, Trout, Haddock)

MrBaggins:

Vlad Antlerkov:
4 cities (Patriot Act, tax Cuts, Why Do You Hate Antlerkovistan So Much?, Objectively Pro-Evil)

Hercules:
4 cities (Gloom, Doom, Boom, Zoom)
Old March 20, 2004, 05:29   #30
Skanky Burns

My orders should be in now. But due to flood-control on PMing they aren't. Which is probably why I am typing more than I normally do in the small hope that when I finally finish typing this post I can submit the PM again and it will be accepted. 90 seconds sure is a long time to wait.