Old June 21, 2004, 13:41   #31
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
each side REALLY thought they got the worse of that trade
Exactly same reason why Hive CC trade never really took of. In Hive Drones tradings we did not calculate that much who gains more and who less.

CC's advantage was that it could go with either side at the time. However the postion of being in two boat at the same time may have determined its lack of devotion to either part and thus the ultimate failure.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 21, 2004, 13:45   #32
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:20
As I saw it, quite a few of my fellow Cyborgs were energy counters to the last joule...

On that point, I choose the wrong faction.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 21, 2004, 13:53   #33
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

Exactly same reason why Hive CC trade never really took of. In Hive Drones tradings we did not calculate that much who gains more and who less.
and when I permapact with folks its the same-- " Oh you want doc air-- here you go .. . . I want to rush the PEG , can you send me some credits"

When permapacted, its all about benefits to the team but that level takes a LOT of trust ( although I have never broken a permapact nor had one broken against me)
Old June 21, 2004, 15:34   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Ok finally browsed through the first PEACE diplomatic exchanges thread. Looks to me the PEACE had done the same thing to both CCs and Hive. That is holding on flex too tight so they got pissed. The Hive simply lowered its enthusiasm toward the PEACE, while the CCs was aggrevated so much that they started to plan war.

Appearantly CC intentionally lied about not switching to HEC before they ate a tech and broke the pact with the PEACE.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 21, 2004, 15:38   #35
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 20:20
Just as a footnote. At the time, I, as turnplayer, was not sure what our pact mate (the Cycon) could see, intelligence wise from our Pact with them. And on reading the threads neither could they at the time until it was pointed out to them, though they might have suspected.

Our fear was that giving over comms cheaply to other factions would leave us out of the trading loop. No other reason. Also we had paid a high price for that tech.
Old June 21, 2004, 15:46   #36
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Doc: Flex? High price? The Pirates start with that tech already researched... Or do you mean the price for obtaining the comm links?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 21, 2004, 15:50   #37
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Doc flex is the pirates one advantage so I don't think people should be shocked they wanted to keep a monopoly on it. As was seen, when we gave it away, it quickly led to our death.

I am actually suprised anyone would be shocked or suprised or upset that a certain tech wasn't offered before some trust was established.
Old June 21, 2004, 16:10   #38
GeoModder
Deity

Yah, but the tech is indeed to valuable but also too early in the game to allow a lot of trust been built between trading partners.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 21, 2004, 16:15   #39
Snowflake
Princess

The Hive was not surprised at this at all, annoyed yes, but we thought that it was natural that you wanted to keep everybody apart before you could gain the most for yourselves.

It may be wiser for you though, that you pick one team to side with and give them a little better deal just to get them to go with you, instead of being hard on everybody.

However, my personal opinion is, while perhaps unwise for the PEACE themselves, I do not see them as doing anything unreasonable or non-honorable. While the CCs actions were more to the other side. Of course nobody can say anything if you break your promise and eat a tech, it's not against the rules. However I would classify this into the bad character category and refrain from trusting you completely in the future.

Grapefruit Garden