Old March 17, 2004, 23:47   #1
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 13:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Absence Thread
I'm starting this thread so that we can keep better track of who's here and who's not. It helps, believe me.

Feel free to post when you're leaving and coming, and to comment (aka spam) as necessary.
Old March 17, 2004, 23:48   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To kick this off, I'll be gone after March the 19th, in order to help a aunt in Kansas move. I could be gone for about a week, but I'm not entirely sure.
Old March 18, 2004, 00:17   #3
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 12:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
To kick this off, I'll be gone after March the 19th, in order to help a aunt in Kansas move. I could be gone for about a week, but I'm not entirely sure.
Woo hoo

Ha ha, sorry, I couldn't resist.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2004, 01:00   #4
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 14:21
you have relatives in Kansas, Oct?

edit:
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2004, 16:12   #5
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 19:21
Gone till Thursday.
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2004, 23:08   #6
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I'll be gone over the weekend (3rd-4th)
Old May 18, 2004, 10:18   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:21
Guys as you have already noticed, I have not been online a lot lately.

Im leaving for Romania this weekend for two weeks. And right now, I have a lot on my plate trying to get ready. So I wont be online much this week.

I'm supposed to have high speed internet access where Im staying but even if It works, I probably wont have a lot of time to CIV.

Ill send F-P and email and let him know. We should probably let PAL know who the main point of contact should be in my absence.

Any volunteers?

Old May 18, 2004, 13:20   #8
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:21
If no one else volunteers, I'll do it. However, I'd much rather see more people on the team get involved with diplomacy.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 00:09   #9
Octavian X
King

Try talking with Beta or Vander at the FAM. They probably have somebody that knows F-P well enough to keep up our talks.
Old May 19, 2004, 11:45   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Recently I have often been in the #apolyton chatroom when F-P comes knocking. Sadly, each time this has happened I have not been able to find anyone active in our own chatroom.

Thus I could volunteer to be SOME sort of contact for him. I just don't know if it would be best to give me full FAM contact status with him. I'm perfectly happy to chat to him about random things, but F-P may want some staight answers (if not quite a report on team decisions), and I am not sure what the team would think of me chatting with him like this.

But then again this may be what con has been doing for ome months now....?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 17:47   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Recently I have often been in the #apolyton chatroom when F-P comes knocking. Sadly, each time this has happened I have not been able to find anyone active in our own chatroom.

Thus I could volunteer to be SOME sort of contact for him. I just don't know if it would be best to give me full FAM contact status with him. I'm perfectly happy to chat to him about random things, but F-P may want some staight answers (if not quite a report on team decisions), and I am not sure what the team would think of me chatting with him like this.

But then again this may be what con has been doing for ome months now....?
F-P and his entire team is very direct and to the point. I try to give him a team answer if I know it and if I dont then I come back here and start asking questions.

That should work for two weeks. He is usually on btween 1700 and 2200 Central Daylight Savings time. If thats works out in your schedule Kiwi Time then you are probablyy the guy.

You can almost always get him in gamespy at that time.

And he is often on AIM as well. Ill post his handle later. I dont have it at work.

The only reason F-P and I get along so well is I have been "working him" since November when this thing started. We have BS'ed regularly about how we both hate "lucky", what a pain in the but the Germans are, what a pain this whole rules process has been. Stuff like that and some personnal stuff, like he is an English teacher and his girl friend is a pretty good MP CIV er. He lives in Dallas, TX but is originally from Florida. Stuff like that.

We obviously could not talk about game specifics until we met.

He is actually a good guy to talk too and understands the Apoly "culture" and how that is different from the PAL "culture". And I think that is obvious from our negotiations.
Old May 20, 2004, 00:21   #12
Octavian X
King

In short, then, con's shoes will be big ones to fill, even if temporary. I could make an effort to be in the chatroom earlier, but that's not guarenteed at all, at least not for this week.
Old June 3, 2004, 19:38   #13
Donegeal
Emperor

In all my years of using the net (dating all the way back to the early 90's) I have never been infected with a bug/virus. That has unfortunately changed.

My home computer is in shambles and I can only connect when I got to someone elses house. I have no idea how long I will be out (fixing my computer is going to be difficult with all the overtime that I have to pick up at work). I will most likely have to wipe my computer and start from scratch. I will try to get on to let you guys know whats going on.

Sorry for the problems.
Old June 3, 2004, 21:01   #14
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Good luck Don

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2004, 21:18   #15
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:21
Good luck Don, and good thing we have a Deputy Consul. Thus far, Kloreep has had his hands busy with all of the Consuls going absent at different times.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2004, 21:46   #16
Tassadar500
Emperor

Looks like we really did need that position
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2004, 09:57   #17
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Heh, thing is, I'm going to be gone as well soon...

I'll be gone tomorrow (saturday US), and perhaps sunday.
Old June 4, 2004, 11:04   #18
Tassadar500
Emperor

Who is the deputy to the Deputy Consul?
Old June 4, 2004, 13:15   #19
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Local Time: 20:21
Sorry to here that on (even though I doubt he will read that any time soon)

NM, another poll?
Old June 4, 2004, 19:29   #20
Tassadar500
Emperor

Polls make up DG's
Old June 6, 2004, 19:27   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK Im back BUT your not going to believe this. Im not sure I believe it yet.

My father in law was visiting us this weekend when I got home.

He and my mother in law left for Chicago this morning, about a 3.5 hour drive.

They stopped to eat lunch.

And some guy in a car passing by had a heart attack, crashed thru the restaurant, and instantly killed my father in law.

Needless to say my wife and kids are a basket case, and Im getting ready to leave for Chicago for the balanace of this week.

So I will again not be around much, until sometime next week.

Can someone let the PBEM forum here know, and also post something at MZO?

I really got to run.
Old June 6, 2004, 19:42   #22
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 21:21
God, that's terrible, I wish you and your family much strenght to bear such a terrible loss. My condolences.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Aidun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2004, 20:01   #23
Tassadar500
Emperor

Sorry to hear that Con
Old June 10, 2004, 21:08   #24
Donegeal
Emperor

Well, I'm getting back slowly.

I didn't have to wipe my computer (although it sounds like it would be easier!) and am in the process of cleaning it up manually. No more than another week (with me peering in every couple of days). I am very sorry for the delay. I have upgraded my virus protection to help prevent this from happening again.

On another note, I stunned to hear what happened to Con's father in law, but I will post my condolences in that thread.
Old June 11, 2004, 08:30   #25
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
After being defeated in my bid for the Consulship, I may be absent for periods of time, due to the need to put some structure into my PhD.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2004, 08:59   #26
Donegeal
Emperor

Reporting to you LIVE from my home computer!

Old June 11, 2004, 11:15   #27
Kloreep
Emperor

Don't worry Don, I haven't deactivated the planetary defense grid in your absence. Not just yet, anyway...
Old June 14, 2004, 01:39   #28
Octavian X
King

And, I'll be gone for about 7-10 days starting this Wednesday the 16th. In all likliness, I'll have no absence to Civ, but there's a good chance I'll have access to the internet sometime during that period. Kloreep, are you up to serving in my stead during that time?
Old June 14, 2004, 01:46   #29
Kloreep
Emperor

I should be able to fill in for most of that time, though I may have occassional short absences like this saturday.
Old June 14, 2004, 14:16   #30
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Im back BTW.

Ill try and be in chat this evening USA time. Hopefully someone can give me the executive brief on where we stand with CDG and PAL.