Old March 19, 2004, 20:50   #61
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 19:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by joncha
hehe... according to http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box it's "this photo 200 can to us have cost dead"

online translators
Spainish have than different sentence stuct from English.
Old March 19, 2004, 20:51   #62
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

Spainish have than different sentence stuct from English.
I didn't know you were Spanish.
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 19, 2004, 21:44   #63
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Oncle Boris

I didn't know you were Spanish.
I than not Spanish at all. The word for word tranlation can make it hard to understand what they are saying. Than thought for thought tranlation can be better at time as it would be written in the English sentence strut.
Old March 20, 2004, 01:41   #64
joncha
MacNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 04:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
This thread
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	boy%20thumbs%20up.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	67613  

And just in case a disputant, calls you to dispute about their claims,
Do not, then, dispute on them, except by way of an external dispute.
Old March 20, 2004, 04:53   #65
CharlesBHoff
Prince

South Korea want they troop station in a non-combat zone in Iraq or they will not sent any troop at all. Have any of you dumb neocom read Pride and Prejudice by Maureen Dowd in the New York Time oh I forgot neocom cannot read at all. Bush att in dipl either you are with use or against use isnot going to work well or play well in alots of nations in the world. First alot of people in Spain and elsowhere saw Iraq as not being apart of the war on terror. Bush and the neocom arenot winning the war on terror in fact they are loseing it. Terrorist groups arenot defeat by military forces at all. Pakistan troop are haveing than hard time fighting terrorist in the tribal area of Pakistan as alot of the tribral people support the terrorist. Pakistan doesnot want to start than civil war with the tribral people of Pakistan. The Pakistan military cannot just walk into a tribral area than kill afew thousand people like we did to the Indians in America than shameful act on the America Government and settler who broke international laws and commit war crimes against the Indians People. First the tribral people of Pakistion number about 30 to 50 million people
heavy armed with military grade weapons.
Old March 20, 2004, 06:47   #66
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 22:21
where did you get a pic of Charles, johncha?
Old March 20, 2004, 08:08   #67
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:21
The translation is (my English is no very good):

Could that photo have cost us 200 dead?

And, BTW, I dare to say that this woman is only average by Spanish standards.
Old March 20, 2004, 08:10   #68
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

And I'm a little tired about it:

Why is so difficult to understand that Aznar tried to lie us and we voted for the other guy? In fact, I voted against Aznar but I want the troops to stay, specially after Al-Quaeda attacks. And I dare to say that there is a important percentage of Spaniards who think like I do.
Old March 20, 2004, 08:38   #69
Az
Emperor

Quote:
And, BTW, I dare to say that this woman is only average by Spanish standards.
I dare to agree.

yaroslav.
Old March 20, 2004, 12:03   #70
Ned
King

Local Time: 11:21
Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav

Why is so difficult to understand that Aznar tried to lie us and we voted for the other guy? In fact, I voted against Aznar but I want the troops to stay, specially after Al-Quaeda attacks. And I dare to say that there is a important percentage of Spaniards who think like I do.
No one is doubting that this is the reason for the vote. I said earlier that I would be pissed as well and would probably vote against Asnar in protest.

I understand that Richard Armitage has criticized the Spanish government for not releasing information they had hand on concerning the identity of the terrorists prior to the elections. Apparently this has caused a bit of anger and the outgoing government who parley still believe that there might be a connection to ETA.

It is now incumbent upon us to convince the new government to hold the line on Iraq as a necessary element in the war on terror.
Old March 20, 2004, 12:04   #71
Ned
King

Charles, Neocons want "democracy" in the ME. For some reason, you do not. Why?
Old March 20, 2004, 16:20   #72
yaroslav
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
It is now incumbent upon us to convince the new government to hold the line on Iraq as a necessary element in the war on terror.
Yes, indeed it's. The problem is that Zapatero promised he'd retire the troops months before the attack and he can't change now his promise, because it'll be a traison to his electorate.

I hope we'll find a way that would allow Zapatero to hold on his promise ("I will retire the troops by June is the UN doesn't take the control...") withouth rehoming our troops.
Old March 20, 2004, 16:32   #73
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Charles, Neocons want "democracy" in the ME. For some reason, you do not. Why?
Democracy cannot be force at gunpoint. The Middle East will change when they want to.
Old March 20, 2004, 16:37   #74
Kidicious
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav

I understand. The whole thing is just screwed up, and Azner needs a lot of the blame.
Old March 20, 2004, 16:37   #75
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
where did you get a pic of Charles, johncha?
If is very hard to find than picture of me as unoffical pictures of me disappear for some reason, camero are opening up expouseing film, ditial cammor have they memony erease by strong magnetic field.
Old March 20, 2004, 18:18   #76
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
This thread

Mis Novias
Old March 20, 2004, 18:19   #77
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:

If is very hard to find than picture of me as unoffical pictures of me disappear for some reason, camero are opening up expouseing film, ditial cammor have they memony erease by strong magnetic field.

Mis Novias
Old March 20, 2004, 18:20   #78
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Old March 20, 2004, 18:24   #79
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
No one is doubting that this is the reason for the vote.
What was the title of this thread again?

Truth: Conservatives in America and Spain are saying that this election was a surrender to al-Qaeda. Conservatives show their contempt for democracy yet again.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old March 20, 2004, 21:13   #80
Ned
King

Quote:

Democracy cannot be force at gunpoint. The Middle East will change when they want to.
I think you got it backwards.
Old March 20, 2004, 22:44   #81
Pax
Chieftain

Ned,
I question whether you really believe in democracy. If democracy is so good then why would it have to be forced on people. I think democracy has some good points. One is that it involves giving people rights. Why are you so against people having the right to decide their own destinies?
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation
Old March 20, 2004, 22:47   #82
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Pax Africanus
Ned,
I question whether you really believe in democracy. If democracy is so good then why would it have to be forced on people. I think democracy has some good points. One is that it involves giving people rights. Why are you so against people having the right to decide their own destinies?
PAX, liberating a people from an abusive dictatorship and allowing them to vote for their own goverment is hardly forcing "the people" to do anything.

Think about this.

Think.
Old March 20, 2004, 23:09   #83
Pax
Chieftain

Read the article 1/3 Arabs feel liberated. That means the majority do not. Majority rule=democracy. Please stop using the word liberated until 50.0000000001 percent of the Iraqi's feel that you are right.

Gen Franks(American) outlawed a foreign countries political party. democracy?

Mr.Bremer threatened to vetoe the governing council plans to establish an islamic constitution. democracy?

I think not. What would the founding fathers have said about foreign rule? Ned are you a Patriot or a Tyrant?
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation
Old March 20, 2004, 23:12   #84
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Why do you people take Ned seriously?
It's quite entertaining.
Old March 20, 2004, 23:33   #85
Pax
Chieftain

I take Ned serious because I'm sure that too many people agree with him too not take serious.
Old March 20, 2004, 23:49   #86
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

The Spanish troops leaving Iraq must be embarrassed as hell. Given a sector where nothing much happens, they are quitting with the job unfinished. Other countries with tougher sectors are in it to win and have what it takes to stick with it.

If I'm Spanish army, when my enlistment is up, I'm gone. I mean what's the point of having an army, being in it, if your country is an appeaser? Might as well train in planting pansies....
Old March 20, 2004, 23:54   #87
joncha
MacNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 04:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Oh my God! This thread... it's still alive!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	dawndead7.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	67675  

And just in case a disputant, calls you to dispute about their claims,
Do not, then, dispute on them, except by way of an external dispute.
Old March 20, 2004, 23:56   #88
Pax
Chieftain

The Spanish troops are leaving Iraq not Spain. Also, if the Spanish Army is like the American Army it's trained to be a an army not police force. I don't think that the Spanish Army or people have anything to be ashamed of if they don't want to be involved in someone else's affairs.
Old March 20, 2004, 23:59   #89
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 14:21
Quote:
Oh my God! This thread... it's still alive!
You aren't required to click on it. Idiot.
Old March 21, 2004, 00:01   #90
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

"The Spanish troops are leaving Iraq not Spain. Also, if the Spanish Army is like the American Army it's trained to be a an army not police force. I don't think that the Spanish Army or people have anything to be ashamed of if they don't want to be involved in someone else's affairs."

...and yet they came to be there somehow, and are turning tail at the first sign of trouble.