Old March 18, 2004, 13:29   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
A call to arms! (Save our Demo Game!)
Unless we can all convince the Hive dictatorship NOW, as in the next 24 hours or even less, this democracy game will come to an end.

I call upon all citizens of the true APOLYTON democracy game to forget their differences. I call upon members of all factions to unite! I call upon workers to overthrow thier governments and act, for if we do not act now, then Planet is doomed to suffer under the brutal mastery of the faceless Drones.

I call PEACE to rise from the waves anew to face the menace of the Drones. Your enemies are not the CyCon or the PUT, your true enemies are the Drones! They sit secret and faceless in isolation. They could have stopped the CyCon/PEACE war with a single word - but they never speak.

I call CyCon to forget the battle for the seas of Chiron, and fight for the hearts of Chiron instead! Leave the PEACE in peace, take your mighty armies and fling them at the Drones! Let your marines storm the citiadels of the gods themselves! Only then can we see true happiness on Planet.

I call the PUT to join with thier brothers. Once the proffessors were active in the councils of this world, and now is the time to hear them speak again. Only with the technology of your laboratories can we hope to defeat this, the greatest threat to face the ACDG.

Finally I call upon my own faction, the Hive, the faction I founded, the faction I have called my home for so many years. We can provide the muscle for this great war, this great enterprise of all humanity, but first we need the WILL! We need to break free from the chains that have bound us so long, for the in-fighting, from the chains of slavery that tie us to our "masters" the Drones. We are the faction with the hardest choice to make. Do we back up the bully, or stand against them, back to back with our Apolyton friends for the final battle.

We may not win, not even all four of us together, but if even one of us was to help the Drones, then all of us would fail. We must try, for the sake of Apolyton, for the sake of Chiron and for the sake of the ACDG.

Cyborgs, Pirates, Professors and Comrades : The matter is in your hands alone. If we do not act though before the Hive is dragged into a war started by the Drones, then it will be too late.

-Jam, for you.
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 18, 2004, 13:40   #2
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:23
Re: A call to arms! (Save our Demo Game!)
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Cyborgs, Pirates, Professors and Comrades : The matter is in your hands alone. If we do not act though before the Hive is dragged into a war started by the Drones, then it will be too late.

-Jam, for you.
I suppose that cruiser near Conshelf 57 is better used as picket duty near Anvil of Man, then on the bottom of a nameless strait...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 18, 2004, 13:43   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

If I took the Hive turn and just played it, would the CyCon support this action? A people's revolution!

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:01   #4
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:23
Firstly - Cycon couldn't possibly play a turn knowingly and openly sent under thouse kinds of circumstances, your not the turn player Jamski (infact do you have any official goverment position? (besides ever enbattled Rebel leader)). We will play from the official Hive turn, your only hopes are in convincing the rest of your faction to see your point of view.

Now to respond to your original plea.

*Jamski's words stir long dormant algorithms, Impalers synthetic heart swells with feelings of glory at a noble struggle*

AFIRMITIVE!! JAMSKI AFIRMITIVE WE ARE WITH YOU!!

Ok for real now, Cycon would love this as it seems that we are the primary target of the Drones agression and thats not a very fair fight as for right now. They must be jealous of all that "blue sky research" we are conducting. I urge all of us to unite as Jamski sugjests. Besides this will make for a very fun and titanic Clash of forces.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 18, 2004, 14:15   #5
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
AFIRMITIVE!! JAMSKI AFIRMITIVE WE ARE WITH YOU!!
I HEAR YOU, MY BROTHERS!

Quote:
We will play from the official Hive turn, your only hopes are in convincing the rest of your faction to see your point of view.
Beleive me, I am doing my very very best. It would be a shame to see the game die.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:21   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:23
I am moved by you Function Impaler. I will hold my tongue for now. I need to think.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 14:22   #7
Jamski
Deity

OMFG I LOVE YOU HONGHU

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:29   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:23
It looks like I picked a very "interesting" time to try and join a team, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old March 18, 2004, 15:08   #9
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

ok WTF has happened....did i miss everything again?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 18, 2004, 15:20   #10
Jamski
Deity

The Drones are storming the CyUni with full power, and without any reason, or warning, RP or otherwise. Do the human factions unite against the Drone onslaught, or stand by and/or fight each other?

You missed a biggie, but its not too late.

Hive are debating now if we attack the Drones. I assume/hope CyCon are with us if we do (since you are under attack anyway) and that means PUT will too. If PEACE come along for the ride we MAY just about nearly have a small chance of making it a fair fight.

Or we can all surrender now to the Drones and say they've won the ACDG.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 15:28   #11
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Spamski spam thread!
Old March 18, 2004, 15:29   #12
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

hmz then explain to me why we have information that the hive will attack CPU too?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 18, 2004, 15:39   #13
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

??? Am I out of the Loop here, when did we hear that? Are you refering to the stuff Buster said in his turn post, thats likly rubish or its simply what Buster THOUGH was going to happen.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 18, 2004, 15:39   #14
Jamski
Deity

Tass, please STFU for once in your thrice blasted life

The Hive (part of the Hive) was planning to do as instructed by the Drones and attack CPU this turn, so your information has some truth (Go on shoot me, I just gave them our plans ) I'm doing my best to stop this happening. The fact that this is even being debated within the Hive right now gives our cause some hope.

If this plan fails, this "crusade to stop the Drones", if it fails, then the Hive will join the attack, and the ACDG is ended. A shame that we were all beaten by a team that didn't even bother with the "democracy" bit of "democracy game"

So either we old ACDGer stick together now, or we let Buster beat us all.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 15:54   #15
Impaler[WrG]
King

I think this is the #1 reason to do as Jamski sugjests, how could all of the nearly 100 players assosiated with the other teams ever live down being defeated by a single (admitedly good) player??
Old March 18, 2004, 15:55   #16
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I don't know Jamski. I'm not sure by insulting the Hive ("instructed by the Drones") and the CPU ("if Hive join the attack the game will be ended") you will get us all united.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 16:01   #17
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Tass, please STFU for once in your thrice blasted life
You dare to defy your god?!
Old March 18, 2004, 16:01   #18
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Drones are faction with no roleplay, no honour, and probably no democracy since it seems to be run by Buster solely. I haven`t seen any roleplay from Drones, and they have shown to be rude and arrongant, since they have attacked us without any declaration of war or even explanation. They havent even given us a notification. Buster is insulting all ACDG players when he runs this as usual PBEM.

CPU has no ambitions towards Hive, we do not want Hive teritory or want to attack you, nor we ever wanted to so. We do not wish to unite all factions under CyCon, PUT merging was quite unexpected for most of us. As for PEACE war, this is behind, and CPU doesn not wish to undertake any aggresive expansion plan in the future.
No one insulted Hive, but will you let yourself be ordered by Drones and a handfew of dictators who ignore the rest of your team? We wish friendship with Hive, and now we need it so much. Please, hear the voice of your Comrade Jamski, fellow Hiverians, and unite with us against Drones in a glorious battle for the continuation of ACDG!

Last edited by Illuminatus; March 18, 2004 at 16:13.
Old March 18, 2004, 16:02   #19
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
Drones are faction with no roleplay, no honour, and probably no democracy since it seems to be run by Buster solely. I haven`t seen any roleplay from Drones, and they have shown to be rude and arrongant, since they have attacked us without any declaration of war or even explanation. They havent even given us a notification. Buster is insulting all ACDG players when he runs this as usual PBEM.
Let's keep this civil or I'll wipe this thread from existence
Old March 18, 2004, 16:07   #20
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Well this is my opinion, and all of this is true Tass. You have seen the evidence for this yourself haven`t you?
Old March 18, 2004, 16:11   #21
Snowflake
Princess

Prove to me one thing that the Drones did that is not honourable. I'm not argueing for the Drones. I just want it to be fair.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 16:16   #22
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Is attacking a faction without declaration of war or ANY notification honourable? I guess that Hive considers CyCon to be unhonorable for attacking PEACE, but a lot of things have changed fron then. I cannot tell you exactly what Buster did, since it is a private CPU thing, but I am sure you can understand when someone betrays you.
Old March 18, 2004, 16:22   #23
Snowflake
Princess

Did Drones betray you? Did they have a secret arrangement of pact or something with you that the others are not aware of and they backstabbed you? I did think that buster posted his declaration of war in the turn thread. How else would you know that the Drones are at war with you without getting the turn otherwise?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 16:30   #24
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

We did not have any secret arrangements or pact with Drones. Most of our exchange with Drones was conducted in htis way: we suggst sth, Drones dont even let us know they received, lest reply to it. And when they actually said sth...

Is war to be declared in turn tracking thread? When you destroyed our CP you sent us a PM. Buster hasnt sent anything to any CPU member, not even "Haha you are doomed!". He completely ignored the fact that we have 29 members wanting explanation. No. He chose turn tracking thread.I dont recall he EVER posted anything ourside this thread, not Drone members actively posting here (with two exceptions, I am sure hey know who they are). Is not this just rude?
Old March 18, 2004, 16:34   #25
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
Well this is my opinion, and all of this is true Tass. You have seen the evidence for this yourself haven`t you?
No
Old March 18, 2004, 16:38   #26
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

No
I thought you read every thread as moderator. This gives me some ideas...
Old March 18, 2004, 16:46   #27
Snowflake
Princess

Here's my personal opinion. War is not unhonorable because this is a game with a heavy emphasis at war aspect after all. My opposition to the CC-PEACE war only comes when the CPU seemed to be going all the way to beat them to death unnecessarily just to prove your point or something, or perhaps total elimination brings people more enjoyment, I don't know. By the same token, I do not see Drones going to war against you as unhonorable, unless they've done other things like cheating etc.

I agree that the Drones have not actively participated in roleplaying. However this is their style. When they took part in this game we haven't required that they must actively roleplay, if I understand correctly. In fact I vaguely remember they have stated that they won't be roleplaying a lot or something. Jamski or Drogue may be able to remember better since I was very new at the time. In addition, I learnt from members of the CPU about their dislikes of our roleplays. So non roleplying may not be a good reason for a war in my opinon.

When the Drones didn't reply to your PMs, have you asked and made sure if they have actually received it? I agree if what you said is true it may not be appropriate in the Drone's part, however is it enough to justify a four faction against one faction war?

I really don't like we relate personal feelings with the in game aspects. Looks to me most of us can handle very well wars in a pbem. True this is not a pbem, but why can't we separate personal feelings from in game play?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 17:03   #28
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Here's my personal opinion. War is not unhonorable because this is a game with a heavy emphasis at war aspect after all.
I am diverting attention from Jamskis post it seems.
War is not honourable, nor is war against PEACE (this is my opinion since I joined after the war is started, and is not in any way official faction opinion).
Quote:
My opposition to the CC-PEACE war only comes when the CPU seemed to be going all the way to beat them to death unnecessarily just to prove your point or something, or perhaps total elimination brings people more enjoyment, I don't know.
I am too for the PEACE process. Peace are way gone, and we do not need them to be eradicated. It is a shame that talks were almost halted due to someone in Hive.
/me looks at HongHu
Should check your PM more seriously?
Anyway recent Hive actions are quite questionable too, since you are doing unprovoked things.
Quote:
By the same token, I do not see Drones going to war against you as unhonorable, unless they've done other things like cheating etc.
Can you then just forget the unhonourable part, since one read the rest of my post then?

Quote:
I agree that the Drones have not actively participated in roleplaying. However this is their style. When they took part in this game we haven't required that they must actively roleplay, if I understand correctly. In fact I vaguely remember they have stated that they won't be roleplaying a lot or something. Jamski or Drogue may be able to remember better since I was very new at the time. In addition, I learnt from members of the CPU about their dislikes of our roleplays.
So non roleplying may not be a good reason for a war in my opinon.
Roleplaying is the reason of the Drone attack? They hate roleplay so much that they will eradicate us for that?
You are next then, I am afraid.
Quote:
When the Drones didn't reply to your PMs, have you asked and made sure if they have actually received it? I agree if what you said is true it may not be appropriate in the Drone's part, however is it enough to justify a four faction against one faction war?
This is not reason for war against Drones, since being rude is not enough. However can you read Jamskis post more carefully, he stated reasons for pact clearly enough.

Quote:
I really don't like we relate personal feelings with the in game aspects. Looks to me most of us can handle very well wars in a pbem. True this is not a pbem, but why can't we separate personal feelings from in game play?
There are 100 members actively participating in this ACDG. Drones are however run by one man, and I havent heard anything from other Drone members about them actively participating in their team. It is a shame to learn that this ACDG was useless.
What personal feelings? I haven`t seen any personal feelings in ACDG, possibly only in Chairman`s Voltaire`s post.
Old March 18, 2004, 17:22   #29
Snowflake
Princess

Hmmm. First are you saying you believe wars are unhonorable? So will you be against all wars? Even the war that Jamski is promoting against the Drones? I'm seriously asking this question. For I for one, will support any effort to prevent all war in this planet. I understand this will diminish the interest of a large portion of this game, but as I said before, I personally will embrace the concept of a no war peaceful development and competition.

Ok other small points that needs to be cleared.
First I always check my PM very carefully. Why do you feel I have not done so and by not doing so somehow hinted the talks between you and peace?

Second, I was not sure if you ARE accusing the Drones' of cheating?

Third, I thought it was you who offered non roleplaying as one reason against the Drones, not the Drones offered rolyplay as the reason they attack you? Not sure you misread, or misunderstood, or was simply trying to shift attention.

Fourth, I thought it was clear that those opinions of mine was responding to your post, instead of Jamski's initial post. I was actually a little moved by his and Impaler's post btw. And those got me thinking. But I really do want to say something in respond to your post too. I apologize if it was not clear before.

As for personal feelings, I thought I've seen plenty. We are humans after all. Who doesn't have personal feelings? Personal feelings are not some bad thing. If you don't see them, I really feel for you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 17:25   #30
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 10:23
As an official ambassador from the CPU, I wholehardedly assure you that I will uphold a strong and hard strike into the enemy! We shall vanquish our foe on the battlefield, or fall honorably(unlike some) there!