Old March 18, 2004, 22:51   #1
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
July '48: Hot Fun in the Summertime
June wrap-up:

Both of our T-34s have done battle outside Ashdod, and in a brilliant display of maneouvres, the units have been decorated by the CoS. Veteran T-34s... bahahaha. Two of them. Bahahahaha!

DEFENCE & ECONOMY

Ashdod, Metullah and Eilat have built improvements.

Tzahal researched after we discovered pioneer spirits.

Our friends from overseas ship us $3000 more. *cheers*

Defence and Economy, please read front reports, as I have possible purchase/build necessities there.

Casualty list follows.

NORTHERN FRONT

The Golan seems readily defensible from what I can see. Several Syrian T-34s have been destroyed, and, for the most part, the Syrian attacks, while spirited, seem... stunted.

Now here's something we weren't bargaining for. The Lebanese have steamrolled down the road and hit Nahariyyah... hard. They've two or three tanks, and at least 1 T-34 (that was our casualty there). I'm thinking of sending a T-34 to patrol that road until it is secure. We also need CITY DEFENCES URGENTLY in Nahariyyah, I think.

Not much happened along this front. The Golan has sustained damage (we need to replace that AA IMHO, fast), Mishmar wasn't even targetted at all. I remain optimistic about our defensive layout, General Mikhoels did a wonderful job entrenching our boys here.

HOME FRONT

Well, the Palestinians seem to be more than just bark here, there are several fighters roaming, and we lost more Kibbutznicks than pleases me. Terrible news, refugees have been fleeing from Gesher, which is ready to fall, and Beth Shean will most surely be cut off. There are quite a few planes, it is IMPERATIVE for all these cities to have AA (except Beth Shean. Good luck fellows.)

I'm afraid that for all the push I wanted to do in this front, the Palestinians seems to be too spirited for us to go on the offensive yet.

JUDEAN FRONT

Glaze my nipples and call me Rita, I've seen more action here than in a Parisian brothel. Those boys of ours sitting in that fortress outside Jerusalem have been given hell, horsemen, tanks and artillery, but they hold out, they hold out. However, I've seen so many units roaming that it isn't even fun. I want the capture of Jerusalem to be our TOP priority at the moment, and I want artillery to be run up to that front double quick. With those $3000 we could definetly buy three WWII artillery pieces I think, they're pretty cheap, and pack that decisive punch we need to run the Pali's out of our Holy City.

SINAI FRONT

Gaza worries me. It's too quiet. I expected thunder, fire and carnage, but the Egyptians are nowhere to be found. So I took the liberty of sortieing our Spits squadron on a recon mission and, I tell you boys, this front is gonna be hell. In the triangle of El Arish, Rafa and Tekumah, there are 3 T-34s, at least 1 (possible 2) armoured cars, and at least 2 WWI artillery flying Egyptian colours. I would like Ashdod to rush a barracks, we need to be able to repair our units close up to the front to sortie with tanks. Artillery will be nigh on useless along this front, so as soon as we get that second T-34 I will be shipping most of it off to Jerusalem. The T-34 I had sent to Ashdod I shipped to Tel Aviv for repairs, it will be ready in August, along with the other T-34, also getting repairs.

Eilat, now this place friggin scares me. With the machine guns and AA gone, I have little hope for maintaining this position. Please sell off the best improvements so that we can get some money, try and destroy enemy units with the remaining Hagana and Irgun, and abandon it to its luck. I have rebased the Zion worker tagged to Eilat to Nevatim, btw. Now more than ever that airlift operation seems to be the ticket to victory here, in case of bringing our Yemenite brethren home in the form of units. I want to authorise our defence minister to construct an airport in Tel Aviv.

We also lost that city with no defences to the evil Egyptians.

COS part I (El Awrence) - DONE
Northern Front: (Stalin II) -
Home Front: (Yaroslav) -
Judean East (Yaroslav) -
Sinai Front: (Rasputin) -
Immigration (Conmcb25 acting) -
Defense (Conmcb25) -
Econ - (Arthedain) -
COS part II (El Awrence) -
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	casualtyjuly48.gif
Views:	48
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	67525  
Old March 18, 2004, 22:52   #2
Dr. Nick
Deity

And the save...
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1948july_cos1.sav (206.2 KB, 6 views)
Old March 18, 2004, 23:00   #3
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 05:24
Local Date: November 3, 2010
woohoo its back on !!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 18, 2004, 23:06   #4
Dr. Nick
Deity

Before people play, let's ponder the situation for a day or two. :S
Old March 19, 2004, 05:00   #5
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 22:24
As I said, there is some problems with civ.
Old March 19, 2004, 07:07   #6
Dr. Nick
Deity

Come back when you may, Comrade Sadeh.
Old March 19, 2004, 09:47   #7
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Local Time: 19:24
Did I destroy the big threat of an attack from the east (north)?
Old March 19, 2004, 12:58   #8
Dr. Nick
Deity

Not that I think, there are several T-34s roaming in the Golan, and countless other enemy units. But we are too entrenched to be at serious risk, IMHO.

Lebanese T-34s scare the shyte out of me though.
Old March 19, 2004, 21:46   #9
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Guess we will have to airlift or found a city down in Saudi Arabia. (We need not airlift, but use immigrants to build a second army if we so wish.) That lack of city defenses really cost us, the former commander of that front (not you Rasputin) has drawn my ire.
In a few turns, those immigrants could at least churn out a few Palmach to go after Dahab. (I would find the city near the whale 55,187, so it can have enough support production, and some grass).

As for reinforcements, I would get 3 T-34's (especially since we have money), and send one to Lebanon, one to Ashod, and one to Jerusalem. I think with Lebanon once we destroy those attacking forces, the road should be secure with local forces and the destroyer. The Lebanese shouldn't have that much recources to make good those losses for a while, so that T-34 could be redeployed.

I would use the other one to try to take East Jerusalem very soon. We need to capture that city and move on north so we can get into those Palestinian forces northward. (I know some would suggest leaving East Jerusalem be, but I think attacking Ramallah right now would be even harder than attacking East Jerusalem).

I think with the Egyptian front the T-34 should perhaps strike at the armored car, though I wonder if it could retreat before the cavalry got it. The T-34's seem to far to engage. I think we are going to lose some more desert outposts out there if the Egyptians go for those instead of head up north to Ashod.

In the West Bank, Degania needs AA, then city defenses, and probably more defenders. Those planes are nasty, and we need to think of some way to counter them.

Thread stickied.
Old March 19, 2004, 22:01   #10
Dr. Nick
Deity

I think WW2 artillery would be better suited for the capture of Jerusalem, and any further actions in the Home Front.

T-34s are risked when we try to attack walled cities. They're great against non walled cities and open ground, but I'd like to play it safe with our expensive tanks.
Old March 20, 2004, 01:56   #11
PinkyGen
Prince

You know T-34's ignore city defenses?

Nevertheless, I agree the T-34 should not be the first attacker, it should be arty. But when the first one or two defenders are gone, the T-34 could be used to rapidly get rid of the weaker defense.

I agree though, arty would still be needed in good quantities, since Jerusalem is on a hill, and arty has higher attack value.
Old March 20, 2004, 08:12   #12
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 21:24
Is the front commander the person who sells improvements in Eilat or is it me or defence minister?
Old March 20, 2004, 09:46   #13
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
You know T-34's ignore city defenses?
Fancy. It's that I did a few test runs, and T-34s would usually lose so many HPs that they'd be useless the next turn after taking on one unit, and it would exhaust their moves. I figured artillery would work better. (4 FP)

Quote:
Is the front commander the person who sells improvements in Eilat or is it me or defence minister?
Economy will sell. But please decide together with con if you think it merits it.
Old March 21, 2004, 14:22   #14
Arthedain
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence Economy will sell. But please decide together with con if you think it merits it.
Ok, then he may please recommend a improvement for me to sell this turn!
Old March 21, 2004, 19:08   #15
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:24
If we have finished the discuss, I'll play my best tomorrow
Old March 21, 2004, 21:04   #16
Dr. Nick
Deity

Yes, please play. I hate quiet ponderings.
Old March 22, 2004, 18:25   #17
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:24
Re: July '48: Hot Fun in the Summertime
Northern Front: (Stalin II) -
Home Front: (Yaroslav) - DONE
Judean East (Yaroslav) - DONE
Sinai Front: (Rasputin) -
Immigration (Conmcb25 acting) -
Defense (Conmcb25) -
Econ - (Arthedain) -
COS part II (El Awrence) -

Both Home front and Judean Front played, and file posted. Please see the threads to get details.

No city was conquered, no unit was lost, some enemy units were destroyed and the siege of Jerusalem continues, against my opinion.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1948july_home_judean.zip (35.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by yaroslav; March 22, 2004 at 18:36.
Old March 22, 2004, 21:45   #18
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

sinai front played... post details in sinai thread...

but nothing to report dont have many units to do anything with..
Old March 22, 2004, 22:50   #19
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
sinai front played... post details in sinai thread...

but nothing to report dont have many units to do anything with..
Eh, the save, Ras!
Old March 23, 2004, 16:26   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:24
Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
Guess we will have to airlift or found a city down in Saudi Arabia. (We need not airlift, but use immigrants to build a second army if we so wish.) That lack of city defenses really cost us, the former commander of that front (not you Rasputin) has drawn my ire.
In a few turns, those immigrants could at least churn out a few Palmach to go after Dahab. (I would find the city near the whale 55,187, so it can have enough support production, and some grass).
Im not sure what you mean here.

We HAVE to found a city to do anything. We CAN NOT airlift from an airbase. It just wont do it.

What will capturing Dahab do for us? When (not if ) Eliat falls that city will be even more isolated from the Front. And my guess is we have not lost our last city in the Sinai

Im thinking more and more we have to build a couple of airports.

I SHOULD just set up a separate thread for a poll.

Ill work on that
Old March 23, 2004, 16:29   #21
Dr. Nick
Deity

Build the airport in Tel Aviv.
Old March 23, 2004, 18:57   #22
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Economy will sell. But please decide together with con if you think it merits it.
Sell the coastal fortress, its 80 gold, and nothing is worth more in Eliat plus thats the one thing we aren't using right now, if it lasts a few more turns we will seel other stuf
Old March 23, 2004, 21:16   #23
Arthedain
staff

Thanks for the tip conmcb25!
Old March 23, 2004, 21:18   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arthedain
Thanks for the tip conmcb25!
No problem

I forgot how much I enjoyed these Demo games when I actually played them
Old March 24, 2004, 06:24   #25
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

When I get home I'll play my turn. Do not fear!
Old March 25, 2004, 08:37   #26
Dr. Nick
Deity

RASPUTIN: Where is the file?!

Old March 26, 2004, 01:13   #27
Nilat
King

very good question, asked that in his own thread..
Old March 26, 2004, 02:48   #28
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

ooops sorry , forgot something didnt i !!!!
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1948july_sinia.sav (206.2 KB, 3 views)
Old March 26, 2004, 14:20   #29
Nilat
King

played the turn. The link to the thread is here
Attached Files:
File Type: sav northern_front_1948july.sav (206.2 KB, 3 views)
Old March 28, 2004, 18:23   #30
PinkyGen
Prince

Post progress. Seems everything falls apart when I go away.

Northern Front: (Stalin II) - DONE
Home Front: (Yaroslav) - DONE
Judean East (Yaroslav) - DONE
Sinai Front: (Rasputin) - DONE
Immigration (Conmcb25 acting) - Not yet
Defense (Conmcb25) - Not yet
Econ - (Arthedain) - Not yet
COS part II (El Awrence) - Not yet.