Old March 20, 2004, 09:52   #61
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 20:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
There's the "lump of income"/"lump of jobs" fallacy that's been around for a while, but this "lump of death" that Mobius alludes to is such a joke
Old March 20, 2004, 10:29   #62
Wezil
Deity

Local Time: 15:26
Ben - From your post.

"A U.S. official said the document appears authentic."

'Nuff said. I still assert there is no link shown that I can believe.
Old March 20, 2004, 10:30   #63
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 14:26
Quote:
Originally posted by MOBIUS

That's all we are folks, substitute bodybags and apologists for the very US foreign policy that has got huge sections of the world hating them enough to commit suicide if they can take some Americans (and us now) with them...
Yes, this is all America's fault. After all, terrorism didn't even exist until we invaded Iraq. Our foreign policy is the only reason the Middle East and North Africa is the source of such destruction.
Old March 20, 2004, 10:35   #64
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 22:26
Verto, and Europe is to blame everything else.

I'm telling you guys, terrorists are winning while we point fingers at each other.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old March 20, 2004, 12:17   #65
NeOmega
Prince

Local Time: 11:26
The "coaltion of the willing governments" never had the support of it's people. Of course they it is going to fall apart, until it is "the Coalition of the United States and the Solomon Islands"
Old March 20, 2004, 12:28   #66
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MOBIUS
All the other countries are waking up to the fact that they've just been roped in as human shields and walking targets for the US...

After all, if a Pole dies in Iraq that means that a US soldier doesn't.

If a bomb goes of in Madrid, that means that one is less likely to go off in the US.

That's all we are folks, substitute bodybags and apologists for the very US foreign policy that has got huge sections of the world hating them enough to commit suicide if they can take some Americans (and us now) with them...

Yep, George Bush would far rather a European die than an American - if he really cared he wouldn't have been stiffing the EU with an unfair trade war at the very same time we were all embarking on this madness...

Some ally the US is!
Exactly.

And, I suppose that if Kerry would ask our allies to do the same thing as Bush, hold the line, etc., your position would be the same?
Old March 20, 2004, 12:29   #67
Ned
King

Che, I assume our "allies" in the coalition will be more willing to stay under a Kerry administration after Kerry has called them derogatory name after derogatory name, and has dismissed their contribution as "window dressing?"
Old March 20, 2004, 12:36   #68
NeOmega
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Verto

Yes, this is all America's fault. After all, terrorism didn't even exist until we invaded Iraq. Our foreign policy is the only reason the Middle East and North Africa is the source of such destruction.
There were no fundamentalist terrorist strikes in the United States until we invaded Iraq in 1991.
Old March 20, 2004, 12:42   #69
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by NeOmega

There were no fundamentalist terrorist strikes in the United States until we invaded Iraq in 1991.
Invaded Iraq?
Old March 20, 2004, 12:44   #70
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by NeOmega
The "coaltion of the willing governments" never had the support of it's people. Of course they it is going to fall apart, until it is "the Coalition of the United States and the Solomon Islands"
And, I suppose, you advocate a unilateral pullout?
Old March 20, 2004, 14:24   #71
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 16:26
GOOD! ALL OF YOU PEOPLE HERE WANT THE IRAQI PEOPLE SCREWED. Great. Why don't we just leave now and just let the place fall into civil war? Some of you fools never cease to amaze me.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 20, 2004, 14:33   #72
Solly
Emperor

"GOOD! ALL OF YOU PEOPLE HERE WANT THE IRAQI PEOPLE SCREWED. Great. Why don't we just leave now and just let the place fall into civil war? Some of you fools never cease to amaze me."

Because they know then Iraq would really screw up and give them what they really want: some real ammunition to attack Bush with rather than all these false accusations.
Old March 20, 2004, 14:45   #73
Giancarlo
King

Yup. And while they are at it, the crazed peacenik fanatics would demand that everybody surrenders to Al Qaeda.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 20, 2004, 14:48   #74
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Yup. And while they are at it, the crazed peacenik fanatics would demand that everybody surrenders to Al Qaeda.
No, they just want to elect Kerry before they get serious in fighting terrorism. This is all about American politics.
Old March 20, 2004, 14:50   #75
Solly
Emperor

"the crazed peacenik fanatics would demand that everybody surrenders to Al Qaeda."

It's already started on a certain corner of south-west Europe
Old March 20, 2004, 14:55   #76
Ned
King

Park, as bin Laden's prime objective is the recovery of Spain for Islam, Spanish surrender can take a dramatic form if they really want peace with al Qaeda.
Old March 20, 2004, 15:02   #77
Giancarlo
King

Some nuts don't understand that Al Qaeda doesn't want peace. Al Qaeda wants everybody dead. Maybe the crazed nutcase peace activists out there will realize the reality once they get hit by terrorism.

Spain isn't surrendering to Al Qaeda... yeah certainly an idiot was elected, but Spain isn't going anywhere. And I doubt that this new corrupt government will last.
Old March 20, 2004, 15:12   #78
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Some nuts don't understand that Al Qaeda doesn't want peace. Al Qaeda wants everybody dead. Maybe the crazed nutcase peace activists out there will realize the reality once they get hit by terrorism.

Spain isn't surrendering to Al Qaeda... yeah certainly an idiot was elected, but Spain isn't going anywhere. And I doubt that this new corrupt government will last.
One of the things I find interesting about the peaceniks is that they do not take al Qeada seriously, even after all the mayhem.
Old March 20, 2004, 15:14   #79
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:26
Wait a minute Ned...I thought your god, Bush, said that Al Qaeda was no longer a threat?

(Trapped! Again!)
Old March 20, 2004, 15:14   #80
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

One of the things I find interesting about the peaceniks is that they do not take al Qeada seriously, even after all the mayhem.
They will never take terrorism seriously unless a terrorist killed somebody close to them. But since they are so braindead, they probably still wouldn't take terrorists seriously.
Old March 20, 2004, 15:16   #81
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Or perhaps that was your other god Dick Cheney, or maybe even Rummy.
I forget
Old March 20, 2004, 15:18   #82
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Wait a minute Ned...I thought your god, Bush, said that Al Qaeda was no longer a threat?

(Trapped! Again!)
Commie T, I'd share your laughter if Bush actually said this.

BTW, do you share the Euro's view that they drop out of the war on terror and let the US carry the burden by itself?
Old March 20, 2004, 15:28   #83
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Where did the idea that OBL wants to recover Spain come from? Can someone verify this allegation?
Old March 20, 2004, 15:39   #84
Wezil
Deity

Something to do with the Moors (or 'Moops' for Seinfeld fans ) being expelled centuries ago.
Old March 20, 2004, 15:53   #85
Ned
King

Dr. Strangelove, there is a quote from OBL put forth by Boris, I believe, which laid out al Qaeda's objectives. The first line was that he wanted to restore "Andalucia" to Islam.
Old March 20, 2004, 15:53   #86
Giancarlo
King

Funny the moors were very liberal and very tolerant (even went as far as tolerating jews).
Old March 20, 2004, 16:01   #87
Ned
King

No doubt true. But if we do not defeat al Qaeda, eventually Spain will be in play.
Old March 20, 2004, 16:46   #88
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
No doubt true. But if we do not defeat al Qaeda, eventually Spain will be in play.
Not anymore than the US or France. Spain isn't the only target here, the entire western world is.
Old March 20, 2004, 17:10   #89
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

They have yet to be found.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Yes it is evidence of absence. Than judge in upstate NY cancel than DA search warrent when the DA want to tear down all builting in a 1000 square miles than dig down 200 feet looking for a knife supposely use in a murder. They dug the suspect backyard down to 200 feet, the bright police knew they have no evidence once they went pass ten feet. The judge said it you didnot find the murder weapon by now you will never find it.
Old March 20, 2004, 17:30   #90
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Yep, the coalition is falling apart at the seams

First when the Polish started marching openly in the streets I knew it was over

But it wasn't until Gorbachev came into office with Glastnost that the evil empire started to crumble.

Mis Novias