View Poll Results: Should this be allowed?
No 4 15.38%
Yes 9 34.62%
Its up to the CPU if they want him 4 15.38%
Its up to Tass/Googlie 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 22, 2004, 02:16   #61
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think the reason Jamski is in the list of CCs maybe because he applied for it. If this is true then we may need to let the admins know that it is a bug that needs to be fixed. I'm pretty sure the CPU will not do something against the rule when a new rule is not passed yet.

As for myself, I'm reading all posts about defections. I agree that defections should not be currently allowed for the game is in a pretty crucial stage. I have decided that I will not apply to join the PEACE although I understand that PEACE may not be the main problem of the current discussion of defection. I do not wish my action in anyway hamper the game in a negative way. I will stay here in the main forum, and if I would join any team later, I would rejoin the Hive.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 22, 2004, 02:21   #62
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:26
Don't vote no!
Vote for "Let Tass" decide. No is not going to win!
Old March 22, 2004, 02:48   #63
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 07:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I think the reason Jamski is in the list of CCs maybe because he applied for it. If this is true then we may need to let the admins know that it is a bug that needs to be fixed. I'm pretty sure the CPU will not do something against the rule when a new rule is not passed yet.
When you apply you appear on the list of members. I discovered this when I joined the PEACE forums. I could not post or read until Hercules approved my application though.

Quote:
As for myself, I'm reading all posts about defections. I agree that defections should not be currently allowed for the game is in a pretty crucial stage. I have decided that I will not apply to join the PEACE although I understand that PEACE may not be the main problem of the current discussion of defection. I do not wish my action in anyway hamper the game in a negative way. I will stay here in the main forum, and if I would join any team later, I would rejoin the Hive.
Aw.
Old March 22, 2004, 02:55   #64
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:26
Jamski and HongHu defecting to PEACE would seems the more fitting option right now, they could then Sail away into the Sun set to a far off tropical island ware the evil of the rest of the world will not bother them and they can live happily ever after.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 22, 2004, 03:53   #65
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Thanks Impaler. I'd rather think that they will sail to a far off tropical island and pull swords toward each other.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 22, 2004, 03:55   #66
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Trithemius
Aw.
I know. I feel sad too that I wouldn't have the chance to drink xenorums together with the fine captains, at least for a while.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 22, 2004, 03:55   #67
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
Thanks Impaler. I'd rather think that they will sail to a far off tropical island and pull swords toward each other.
What about two small islands not very far from each other in shark-infested waters? That way you could wave swords at each other all day long but do very little else?

(Note to self: remove coconut trees as a source of potential missiles)

You could become a PEACE tourist attraction?
Old March 22, 2004, 04:04   #68
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
But you love me as a pessimist so I don't feel the need to change.
Heh. Yes, that too. But I love you more for your truthfulness, your sense of honor and your seriousness toward life. I love you for I know we are true friends that can understand each other, and trust each other. When I say or do something, I know you'll understand me. When you say or do something, I know that it's not going to change the next day. You are one that I can depend on. That I can talk to. That I can work with. You are one that will help me when I need the help. When I venture through life and get myself wounded, I know that you would be there whenver I needed.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 22, 2004, 04:07   #69
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Trithemius

What about two small islands not very far from each other in shark-infested waters? That way you could wave swords at each other all day long but do very little else?

(Note to self: remove coconut trees as a source of potential missiles)

You could become a PEACE tourist attraction?
That's not gonna happen dear Trithemius. At least HongHu will not be that silly to wave her sword fruitlessly all day. She will be off exploring the island, and make friends with the bears. Or at least, she'll be trying to grow some coconut trees. Sorry to disppoint the PEACE treasury department.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 22, 2004, 04:08   #70
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
That's not gonna happen dear Trithemius. At least HongHu will not be that silly to wave her sword fruitlessly all day. She will be off exploring the island, and make friends with the bears. Or at least, she'll be trying to grow some coconut trees. Sorry to disppoint the PEACE treasury department.

Great!
Now what are me going to do for Energy!?
Old March 22, 2004, 04:09   #71
Snowflake
Princess

Well I think coconuts may be needed somewhere sometime.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 22, 2004, 04:13   #72
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
Well I think coconuts may be needed somewhere sometime.
*Trithemius starts building Skimships out of coconuts*
Old March 22, 2004, 05:22   #73
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:26
While Kody is reliable, I'm not so reliable. In fact I do not do much at all, besides ******** ** **** ***** *** ********* ** *** ******** **** *** **** ** **** ****** *** **** ** ****.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:47   #74
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:26
Tropical Islands have Bears???
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 22, 2004, 07:07   #75
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:26
Quote:
Second....If we're talking about important bases, base locations, etc....That's probablty not going to outdate for quite some time unless something major happens (In real world terms: Unless Moscow is nuked, Moscow will still remain the most important city in Russia.).
And again, at this point it makes the *most* difference. CyCon and the Hive are in a tense relationship, and if someone knew of the....strategies of the other, then it would completly mess things up if that got out.
One would think that important cities would be known already. Its not like American spies spent years trying to discover what the capital of USSR was.
Old March 22, 2004, 07:50   #76
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Jamski has ben authorized in CYCON since the day this thread was posted.

So why do we continue the debate?
Because I'm still waiting for authorisiation to join.

The "security of Hive information" is a non-argument, and you know it Tass. There's no difference between me being in the CPU or Not being in the CPU in terms of what information I know and what I could tell the CPU. There's nothing stopping me sending e-mails, PMs or chat messages to the CPU leadership, except my own sense of fairplay. Being in the faction would not change the probablity of me soilling the beans in any way.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 22, 2004, 08:05   #77
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Yes has the highest percentage so far...
Old March 22, 2004, 08:37   #78
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

When is the poll open untill?

-Jam
Old March 22, 2004, 09:06   #79
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Tropical Islands have Bears???
Koala beers.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 22, 2004, 09:09   #80
Skanky Burns

Drop bears.
Old March 22, 2004, 09:59   #81
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Drop bears.
Only when they lose their grip on a branch

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 22, 2004, 10:32   #82
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 14:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Don't vote no!
Tass,

Please change my vote to whatever ensures people stay with the team they joined.

I trust you to do what's best.

Mead
Old March 22, 2004, 13:13   #83
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Heh.

Tass, if we followed through with all of your reasons, especially the password thing, you'd never have become a god as you would have been banned from everything.

While granted I don't know what the maps look like for every faction, logically the largest and oldest are usually the best producers... same goes for the crawler parks. A couple fly-overs with a kamikazi noodle and either side's maps are available to Hive or CPU too. So map locations aren't that big of a deal.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 22, 2004, 14:13   #84
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
Tass, if we followed through with all of your reasons, especially the password thing, you'd never have become a god as you would have been banned from everything.
Such is true however, such is also largely irrelevant

Quote:
While granted I don't know what the maps look like for every faction, logically the largest and oldest are usually the best producers... same goes for the crawler parks. A couple fly-overs with a kamikazi noodle and either side's maps are available to Hive or CPU too. So map locations aren't that big of a deal.
You could do that, but would that not cost you something? Indeed it would, and as such you might not do it due to the costs, thus the information still pertains.
Old March 22, 2004, 14:21   #85
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

It's just, Tass, your entire premise of not letting this happen is based on not trusting people.

If Jam or HongHu wanted to, they could already do everything you claim might happen if they join CPU and PEACE. Which to me, means there's something wrong with those reasons.

If you gave me a clear reason why it would be bad for the game other than the fact that information that already can be divulged no matter what is divulged, I'd happily change my vote back to going with a 'no' or 'let Tass decide'.

And that would certainly tie it up.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 22, 2004, 14:44   #86
FlameFlash
Emperor

Talking with Tass via MSN he's given me... well, he's given me nothing really, except that our Tassgod's gut aches against this happening...

I really hate flip-flopping like this, but given the lack of an impression from Tass (he's very aware of not saying anything... too aware, methinks... but oh well) I'm going to have to change again...

I hate flip-flopping... but I'll go out on a limb and turst the gut 'o Tass.

(note that everything above was garnered via a very lack of Tass pointing fingers or anything... he was especially non-commital on any question, and even my inference that it's with a 'gut feeling' and other info available to him but not me had to be an inference... May the force be with you, Tass. )

Old March 22, 2004, 17:02   #87
Jamski
Deity

/me sighs at Tass's personal vendetta against him *

-Jam
Old March 22, 2004, 17:09   #88
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 14:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Don't vote no!
Tass,

I thought a vote for "Let Tass/Googlie Decide" meant that you two could Add those votes to the 'No' or 'Yes' votes.

So for example:

If there were:

No - 7
Yes - 9
Let Tass/Googlie decide - 9

Then you could add your 9 votes to either the 'No' or 'Yes' votes to come up with the final outcome.

Mead
Old March 22, 2004, 17:29   #89
Jamski
Deity

I vote let GOOGLIE decide

-Jam
Old March 22, 2004, 18:56   #90
Trithemius
Prince

I voted for "Let him if CPU wants him" - which in my mind is the only reasonable choice. People can consider my vote to be a "Yes" though.