Old March 19, 2004, 12:17   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
My dearest Comrades
I am leaving you now. I'm glad that we have travelled together for so long. It is such a treasurable experience for me. I have your love, your support, your trust. I fighted alongside you. I'm so glad that we have arrived in such a place, where we can see the victory of our heart. I'm so proud of all of you. You are honorable, passionate, and generous. You are all that a girl like me can ever hope for.

I'm leaving you now. I hope this will only be temporary. I had given Jamski my promise long ago. He left us now. And I will go with him.

If Jamski is allowed to join CPU, then I will apply to join the PEACE. Hope they will accept me. And if the PEACE fall, I will try to come back to you, my dearest comrades.

This is good bye now. But I hope I will be able to come back to your arms again.

I love you all.

Hong

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 19, 2004, 12:33   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:26
What the heck, why does H2 have to leave?
Old March 19, 2004, 17:58   #3
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:26
I truly wish you would stay, but I can respect your decision to leave.
Old March 19, 2004, 20:51   #4
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:26
It's sad to see you go Comrade HongHu. I hope your decision to leave was not because of the PM "incident".

Good luck.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 19, 2004, 23:52   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:26

I actually rather liked having you on this team for my brief stay here. I never realized you were so good at SMAC/SMAX until I joined this team and saw your hard work when you were the turnplayer, not to mention other stuff.

So I'm rather saddened to see you leave so soon after my own arrival and I'm confused about the reasoning, but it's your decision, not ours. Here's hoping you have a pleasant experience on PEACE (if you can get in).

As Frankychan has said, good luck.
Old March 20, 2004, 02:30   #6
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 05:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Farewell HongHu. May your butterfly find peace over the waves.
Old March 21, 2004, 20:39   #7
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Alas, poor HongHu! I knew her well...

Farewell, dearest comrade, and best of luck, where ever your travels may take you.
Old March 22, 2004, 10:20   #8
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 21:26
Personal Correspondence from HongHu
Quote:
Dear Rubin,

Sorry I had to do that. I had made that promise to Jamski from a long time ago. Also I felt that there have been quite some negative feelings from the CPU to the Hive. I have said that I will be responsible for what happened. And by my leaving I'm hoping I will take some of those negative feelings away. I believe the PEACE may not survive if the CPU is mad. If that happens my plan is I will come back to Hive with all the captains. However if CPU does let PEACE live, I will still come back because I'm not in PEACE anyway. I'll just have to hold for a little while so that the ACDG don't get broken because of our war against CPU. In other words, the prime purpose of my leaving is to shift attention from CPU's grudge against Hive to the leaving of Jamski and me. And I hope by this I will be able to help CPU from quitting the game prematurelly solely because of emotional frustration.

Yes I would be very interested in your comments. I feel sorry that I have to leave just after I dragged you into this game. I promise you that it will not be too long before I return to my beloved team.

Please feel free to share this or part of this with the team if you like.

Hong
Quote:
Rubin,

Thanks for your comments. You are very right in many points, especially regarding defection. I'm glad that Tass had made the right decision not to allow defection. So I would be able to come back later. Sorry I didn't let the team decide this matter. I really couldn't let myself wait, for I wouldn't be able to make that one click if I wait. And I left when nobody else was on. I know if I read any post saying I shouldn't leave I will not be able to do it. Please be sure that I have never wanted to defect from the Hive. Buster's prediction was exactly the key point that made me making this decision. I will never "jump ship" if the Hive is a sinking ship. I felt ok to do it for if the game ends now we will be on the winning side. And I felt that this may not be a good point to end the game with so much bitter feelings around. So I was hoping that by doing that I might actually be able to diffuse it a little, and perhaps, I could influence the game to go on. I know if I stayed at Hive I would have less influence in that, since everything I say would be accented with my association with the Hive. I haven't had time to check the forum yet but it seemed to me that the leaving of Jamski and I did make some CPUers less mad. And my indication of trying to join the PEACE seems to have a positive effect at taping off bitter feelings from the PEACE too.

When everybody accept the war as a matter of fact, hopefully everything will return to normal and I will be able to rejoin the team. Please share my plan with the team if you could and explain to them for me.

Ok, I just went in and checked the forum for a minute. Looks like the PUT has played. So it looks like the game is going to go on. I will return in a very short time. Please let the team know that. And I apologize for any bitter feelings I caused inside the team. This is what I'm like often, that I would sometimes let my closer friends to shoulder the pains in order to help others feeling better. In fact if you could post both of my email to you I would really appreciate. I could explain when I'm back but I thought maybe everybody would appreciate knowing about this a little sooner. Thanks Rubin!

Hong
Old March 22, 2004, 14:17   #9
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:26
Thank you Comrade Rubin,

You have allayed my fears.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 28, 2004, 01:59   #10
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Thanks everybody for your understanding. The past few days were as dark as it can be for me.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 28, 2004, 22:29   #11
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:26
Welcome back! It was a pleasant surprise to see you back HongHu. Alas I cannot give you a proper greeting right now since I’m just quickly checking Poly, but I am happy that you have returned.

Also I am sorry for my absence in the past few days, but they have been rather hectic and busy. I am back to my normal routine starting tomorrow (well later tonight, but I’ll need my sleep then).
Old June 22, 2004, 20:16   #12
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:26
't Was a wondrous gesture, but unnecessary, comrade...

The decision to go on was already made.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 23, 2004, 00:25   #13
Snowflake
Princess

I didn't know what the PUT would decide at the time, and I truly didn't want the game end at that time with so much bitterness around. I did not really know what and how much I can do, but I sincerely tried. Maniac may not believe me, but at least I can face myself knowing I tried to do whatever I could for those I still consider my friends.

Grapefruit Garden