Old March 19, 2004, 16:20   #1
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
EU Economic model help
I'm entering a new EU addiction phase.

One thing that I never truly understood was the economy details. Trade, production, efficiencies, taxes, census taxes, war taxes, etc etc.

What affects what, where and how?

I tried searching the EU2 forums for these stuff, but their FAQs are full of tables and numbers and are generally scary.
Old March 21, 2004, 00:51   #2
pg
Prince

Local Time: 14:27
i thought these were pretty self explanatory. you have looked at the various in game charts and graphcs in the red booklet right? i'm not an expert like some but here is off the top of my head

trade is how much your merchants make in cots
production is how much income you get from making certain items
efficiency is basically your trade/infra level
taxes/census taxes is tied to infra level iirc
war taxes is a bonus on top of your regular tax level. it depends on which version you are running too i think it's been as high as 100% but it's more like 50% now. best to use at the end of the year as it will increase census taxes too then.
Old March 22, 2004, 11:10   #3
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 20:27
Yeah each patch has its own quirks. Rule of thumb says that Stability level 0 generates 100% of taxes and it goes up or down from there, so having a high stability is very important, particularly at year end.

War taxes used to be worth collecting in August, so that they impacted on your year-end income (they run for 6 months.) I'm sure that got tweaked in the last round of patching to be more consistent.

You need to get the economy level to 4 asap to get good income and the benefit of the tax generating buildings. Level 5/6 when the governors appear is useful too, but you probably need to pause now and do some mil and trade investment first

Its useful to get trade to 4 so you can use monopolies provided you have a COT in your territory. Every time they patch, competing for foreign trade seems to get more irritating and less viable. I tend to ignore it unless I get access to a hidden COT with only a tiny number of people using it (like the Americas.)
Old March 22, 2004, 16:07   #4
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:27
Bah. The economy problems are now dwarfed by the sudden crashes of the game. I went through every tip offered in the EU forums, got the latest patches(&betas), changed every possible thing and I still get a crash.
Old March 28, 2004, 04:31   #5
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 04:27
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Weird. I've been playing the Mac version of both HOI and EU2 and I've never had either crash.
Old March 28, 2004, 06:39   #6
adi321
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Bah. The economy problems are now dwarfed by the sudden crashes of the game. I went through every tip offered in the EU forums, got the latest patches(&betas), changed every possible thing and I still get a crash.
tried renaming the avi folder to somethign else?
adi321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2004, 22:01   #7
Sandman
King

Census taxes are the sum of each province's tax value and are given at the year's end, with no inflation.

Taxation is also the sum of each provinces tax value and is added to your monthly income. Both these tax values are affected by your stability, your religion and province upgrades. Tax is not affected by population in any way.

Tolls, also known as trade taxes, are calculated according to province population and your trade level. The province's good has no effect.

Production is calculated according to your infrastructure level, the population of the province and the value of the province good. Some promotions affect this as well.

Each province produces a trade value, which is then sent to a CoT. The trade value is determined by the value of the province good and the province population. I don't think trade level has an effect here, although I'm not sure. Which CoT it goes to is tricky to determine. Countries with high trade levels will get more powerful CoTs, and CoTs with manufactories seem to be stronger as well.

Each merchant in a CoT will claim 1/20 of the CoTs value, multiplied by your trade level. So a merchant in a Cot with a value of 200 will get an initial share of 10, which is then adjusted according to the trade level. If you had a trade level of 20%, then you'd only get 2 of that 10. If you had a level of 80%, then you'd get 8 out of 10. Countries with a high trade level are also better at increasing their share of the CoT and protecting their current position.

CoTs also give 3 ducats per merchant to the owner of the province in the form of trade tariffs.

You can increase your trade and production level, also known as efficiency, by researching the appropriate tech, changing your domestic policy sliders, changing religion or building manufactories.

That's all I can write right now.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote