Local Time: 11:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ducki
How about now?
They're all there now
Old March 20, 2004, 20:13   #32
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 15:28
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Great job, ducki.

Firing it up, although I'll only be able to play in dribs and drabs for a bit due to a family problem.... but damn, like all of us, I'm sure, I'm psyched for those first few turns!!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old March 20, 2004, 20:17   #33
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 14:28
Re: Re: AU502: Celtic Power - Swords and Ploughshares
Quote:
Originally posted by Jawa Jocky

The stock zip is missing Regent and Monarch
And here I thought that was on puropse to encourage me toplay tougher levels Oh well, I'm still enjoying it ^^
Old March 21, 2004, 23:17   #34
Aqualung71
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversC3CDG Desolation Row
Emperor

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Downloaded the graphics zip file again and the Industrial age tech tree is still not right. Is it me, or is there no way to get it looking right with what we have?
Old March 21, 2004, 23:46   #35
ducki
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:28
I'm stumped. It looks fine on my system(don't ya hate when people say that?). It's entirely possible I've somehow screwed things up somehow.
Old March 22, 2004, 00:13   #36
Aqualung71
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversC3CDG Desolation Row
Emperor

ok ducki, so I've downloaded the zip file 1421_AUModgraphics.zip, unzipped it and copied the AU Mod directory into my Conquests/Scenarios directory, overwriting the one that was already there. Is this right? If not, what should I have done?
Old March 22, 2004, 00:19   #37
ducki
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

That sounds right to me.
I'm terribly sorry about this mixup, I just can't figure out what I've done wrong. (Alternately, you might try backing up the stock industrial tech tree image file and copying it there to see if I still didn't get the search folder property typed in right.)
Old March 22, 2004, 00:21   #38
Aqualung71
Emperor

Yep, that's my next step! Though I'm a bit nervous about playing around with the actual stock files, but as you suggested I'll backup the original tree.
Old March 22, 2004, 00:41   #39
Aqualung71
Emperor

Ok, that worked. Now I've got no excuse for screwing up my late Industrial age tech decisions!!!

Cheers ducks.
Old March 22, 2004, 23:01   #40
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 12:28

Hopefully I can start late this week.

Game on!

Catt
Old March 23, 2004, 14:28   #41
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 12:28
The news article about AU502 is up and running. Thanks Mark.

And thanks to alexman for letting me use his original wording for the advertising.
Old March 24, 2004, 10:09   #42
Madine
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
Warlord

I started my game last night; I'll post my report later today. This is my first experience with AU.
Old March 24, 2004, 11:36   #43
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 21:28
after having started au501 (with detailed DAR) but lost it to the demon of harddisk head crashes, i hope my new notebook will survive au502 until the end .

any recommendations for the difficulty? is it easier or harder than au501?
Old March 24, 2004, 14:59   #44
Conqueror
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton UniversityC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
King

Local Time: 21:28
Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
any recommendations for the difficulty? is it easier or harder than au501?
I'd say a lot harder. Played 501 with Demigod quite easily, but in this one... Demigod + AU mode = game over in 1550 BC

But, i might just had very bad luck on this one. Going to give it another try from 4000 BC.
Old March 25, 2004, 11:17   #45
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

I moved up one level to Emperor and had a neighbor come right down my throat, destroying my second city and trashing my tile improvements. Then I had one conscript warrior to defend Entremont against two hostile warriors. The God of the RNG was momentarily kind, so now I have a vet warrior healing and I'm only outnumbered about 3-1 and I have one whole city left. A rude introduction to AU502 that may be about to get ruder. If necessary I'll reload and try again.
Old March 27, 2004, 19:06   #46
plattfuss
Settler

Local Time: 19:28
I usually play on emporer and set that level here as well. Works ok for me. Thou definately not an easy one. Took me ages to get a MGL.
Old March 28, 2004, 13:59   #47
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Loading .....

Thanks ducki et al!