Old April 13, 2004, 04:00   #31
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 21:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Emperor, AU rules, 3rd replay
Those frog TOW hordes were a hard nut to crack, even for modern armour. It was not until I got nukes that I could start to do some serious killing. My plan was to kill as much enemy civilian population as possible, so that my share of the World population would be pushed above the domination threshold. But I could not resist capturing new cities whenever possible. When I finally won, after 15 nukes or so on French and Aztecs, both domination criteria (land mass and population) was fulfilled on the same turn.

Strangely enough, I was the only one who ever built nukes, despitete that they both had uranium. Tough luck for them. I was behind in tech all the time, but used espionage to catch up a bit. But the French got very good at spotting my spies, so there was a long period when every attempt to plant a spy failed.

No one ever entered the space race. I was in communism and the others in fascism. First time in years I play under communism, and it seems very good for large empires. Corruption in the core cities is negliable and corruption in the colonies is much better than under democracy.

To bad my colonies were under constant bombing campaigns, so I had to rebuild the improvements all the time. Placing flak and SAM helped a bit, but not that much.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	messy stuff.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	69742  
Old April 18, 2004, 19:12   #32
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 15:28
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
G*DDAMNIT!!!

^$#^%&*@)(*$_)%_#)%* :grr:

I just won via culture in the midst of a MA romp!!

I didn't do much in the way of AARs... I'll go back and post some interesting bits and pieces.

Fun game; look forward to catching up on everybody else's experiences.

[Yes, I am still alive and playing, RL has been crushing me lately.]
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old April 18, 2004, 23:19   #33
Aqualung71
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversC3CDG Desolation Row
Emperor

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
I just won via culture in the midst of a MA romp!!
I wouldn't even dare to dream of winning by culture on demigod. Tell us how you did it Theseus, please!

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS
Old April 19, 2004, 01:42   #34
Jawa Jocky
Prince

Local Time: 11:28
All thats left now is a calvary sweep. I'm posting this in case in can't find the time to finish this one.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	end plan.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	70157  
Old April 21, 2004, 01:00   #35
Jawa Jocky
Prince

and finished
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	finished.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	70338  
Old April 21, 2004, 02:15   #36
Chemical Ollie
King

Nice early conquest. What difficulty level was that, Jawa?
Old April 21, 2004, 09:57   #37
Jawa Jocky
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
Nice early conquest. What difficulty level was that, Jawa?
Thank you. It was only on Monarch.

This is actually the earliest win I've ever had on a normal map. The sizes of the continents pretty much determined the domination victory would be my goal (and most everyone elses too). That is unless your a Canadian playing on Demigod, then you would go for culture
Old April 21, 2004, 10:36   #38
Chemical Ollie
King

I played my game on monarch too (the first of 3 attempts), and won easily just like you. But after conquering my continent and the western islands, it was all a peaceful space-click fest until my spaceship launch. Two ages without war!
Old April 21, 2004, 12:43   #39
Jawa Jocky
Prince

I usually try to find the quickest way to win since I find the late game to be tedious. Although military campaigns take a lot of time it seemed like the quick out this time. I had way more cities than I cared to manage and 3 ages left to play when I decide to try for an early domination.

I noticed that Catt tried to play out the rest of his game peacefully and the French just wouldn't have it.