Old March 25, 2004, 11:41   #301
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 21:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

Israel is loseing the public opion war as they have a state goal of killing all Pal.
I don't believe this and choose not to comment it any further, except to say that they could have done so at least 100 times already if that was truly what they had in mind.

Quote:
They action now and the past show what they state goal is. You judger than nation by they action not they words or state action. And who side are you on anyway.
Who's side am I on?

Both. And neither.

Both sides have done wrong against the other and are still doing so pretty much every day. Both have a legitimate right to live in the region, while neither have the right to forcibly dislocate the other.

Both the Arabs and the Jews deserve to live long and happy lives in peace. Neither side can hope to achieve this by continuing on their present course. So, I support them both. And neither. They both have to change if they want to get out of this whole mess.
Old March 25, 2004, 11:44   #302
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 13:33
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun

The Dutch settlers perhaps, but certainly not the Amerindians who lived in that same area.
The Indians were never residents of New Amsterdam then, now were they?
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old March 25, 2004, 14:51   #303
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 19:33
The evil White Man use Legal Trickly to cheap the honest India out of his land.
Old March 26, 2004, 10:36   #304
Docfeelgood
Emperor

Local Time: 14:33
Quote:
We're not dead yet. In fact we may pull through.

Ya got my support brother.
I hope your right.
Old March 26, 2004, 14:09   #305
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
Quote:
Most of the others came for economic reasons as well, though I'm sure many Jews and some Eastern Europeans came because they hoped for better political conditions. Those seeking better political conditions might well have come because they wanted to be Americans, for the rest it was a means to an end.
Right here you point to the very difference: most immigration is driven solely by quality of life concerns, primarily economic. Certainly there was plenty of that in Jews going to the Mandate-but underlying that was an ideological and political movement that also helped immigration along-most immigrant around the world have no "-plans"-they move to make a better life. The Zionist movement did have a plan-to create a Jewish homeland, and Jewish immigration to the Mandate was crucial, given that as you stated, The mandate was overwhelmingly non-Jewish.

This gives the immigration into the Mandate fra greater political significance. IF (improbable but worhtwhile supposition) it became known there was a Chicano organization aided Mexican immigration into the southwest as a means of creating such a demographic balance as to return the southwest to being part of a soverign Mexican nation-what do you think the reaction in the US as a whole would be? (we already have that "genius" Huntington saying the same thing) I think it would be lound, vociferous, and while not likely violent, very antagonistic. Now imagine the WHOLE country was slated to become part of another soverign nation, or "just 50%" of it? Would that sit well with locals?
President Ike remove all Mexican mig illegal or legal and citzen back to Mexica in Operation Wetback untril the Court detiman He acted illegality on legal red and citzen.
Old March 26, 2004, 14:30   #306
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

The Indians were never residents of New Amsterdam then, now were they?
Before there was even New Amsterdam though, there were Amerindian tribes living in that region.
Old March 27, 2004, 12:52   #307
Tripledoc
ACDG The Human Hive
Chieftain

First of all I would like to say that Hamas is fighting a legitimate and just struggle against an occupying power which commits crimes on a daily basis.

Secondly I wonder how anyone but perverted people can actually take any satisfaction in killing an aged cripple as he leaves a mosque. A very cowardly act.

Suicide bombers are not cowards, and they are not criminals since a people have a right to resist against the occupying power. The Israeli helicopter pilots who fires missiles after unarmed people are cowards and war criminals.

Then people complain that the Palestinans allow children to join the resistance. But the Palestinans are not capable of bringing foreign fighters into the struggle. Unlike the Isralies who shanghai young Russians to fight for them. When they see what is going on they want to go back. Putin is looking into allowing them to regain Russian nationhood.

Thus allowing children to join the struggle is a desperate but just act. Child soldiers are used all over the world and through historical time, and no serious condemnation has taken place, but in Africa where they threaten Western soldiers.
Old March 27, 2004, 12:57   #308
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 22:33
Quote:
Then people complain that the Palestinans allow children to join the resistance. But the Palestinans are not capable of bringing foreign fighters into the struggle. Unlike the Isralies who shanghai young Russians to fight for them. When they see what is going on they want to go back. Putin is looking into allowing them to regain Russian nationhood.
rrriiiight.
Old March 27, 2004, 13:47   #309
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by dannubis
however : again, 8 people were wounded as 'collateral damage'. yet another example of how the idf stands towards palestinian civilians...
Check the facts before you speak

Yassin was almost assassinated 24 hours before, and it was stopped seconds before the rockets were lanuched because civilians appeared next to him.

This time special measures were taken to ensure that Yassin was sorrounded only by members of Hamas.
Old March 27, 2004, 14:03   #310
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Several news flashes to the denser people:

Killing Yassin does have a target, and there are signs of destabilization in Hamas, because Rantisi delcares himself leader, and Haled Mash'al demands a vote for leadership after the mourning is over. Also, Hamas now has no high spiritual authority.

Yassin was on Israeli targets several times in the last months and wasn't killed because he had too many civilians surrounding him.

The new Israeli policy is a response to a series of failed attempts by Hamas to create "mega terrorist attacks" including a failed attempt to blow up containers of gas that would have killed Eli and half of his city, some week ago.

The new Israeli policy won't stop here, but will continue for several weeks.

Also, while Hamas is enraged, they have absolutely nothing new to show. For the last 3 months they were rolling at 200% steam to try and make terrorist attacks. Had Israel not stepped in, I'm sure that in the next month or two, Hamas would have managed to create another large terrorist attack.

Israel decided to act very harshly against the leaders of Hamas, to destabilize it.
Old March 27, 2004, 14:06   #311
Generalissimo
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Tripledoc
Unlike the Isralies who shanghai young Russians to fight for them. When they see what is going on they want to go back. Putin is looking into allowing them to regain Russian nationhood.
LOL!!!

Forget about the "shanghai young Russians" thing.
The Putin remark is Hilarious.
Old March 27, 2004, 14:27   #312
Tripledoc
ACDG The Human Hive
Chieftain

Well is it not true that when a Russian 'jew' decides to move to Israel and get a cheap apartment and a job, that he or she then has Russian citizenship revoked? Of course you cannot disown your own nationality. But then when they discover they have to serve for three (?) years in the military they don't feel so comfortable, and want to go back. But they can't.

Is it not also true that in some IDF units Russian is the only language spoken?

Has orthodox jews not criticized Sharons uncritical immigration policy?

Putin is of course a humanitaran and thinks that if people were fooled they are the more wiser. And he is looking into the matter.

Some semi-intelligent remarks to this would be appreciated.
Old March 27, 2004, 14:58   #313
Wezil
Deity

Local Time: 15:33
Damn!! I didn't have him in my Dead Pool.
Old March 27, 2004, 16:03   #314
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 16:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Tripledoc

Putin is of course a humanitaran and thinks that if people were fooled they are the more wiser. And he is looking into the matter.
Ask Chechnya that, you idiot.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 27, 2004, 16:09   #315
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Killing Yassin does have a target, and there are signs of destabilization in Hamas, because Rantisi delcares himself leader, and Haled Mash'al demands a vote for leadership after the mourning is over. Also, Hamas now has no high spiritual authority.

Yassin was on Israeli targets several times in the last months and wasn't killed because he had too many civilians surrounding him.

The new Israeli policy is a response to a series of failed attempts by Hamas to create "mega terrorist attacks" including a failed attempt to blow up containers of gas that would have killed Eli and half of his city, some week ago.

Also, while Hamas is enraged, they have absolutely nothing new to show. For the last 3 months they were rolling at 200% steam to try and make terrorist attacks. Had Israel not stepped in, I'm sure that in the next month or two, Hamas would have managed to create another large terrorist attack.

Israel decided to act very harshly against the leaders of Hamas, to destabilize it.

This would be like when USA captures Bin Laden.

OF COURSE it's going to have some serious effects.

Mis Novias
Old March 27, 2004, 16:16   #316
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Than other Zionist war criminal, human right criminal and cival right criminal. Hamas is going to take over the Gaza area. First all of your mitilary personal are war criminal as Israel illegality and rotina court mar any militilary person who refuse to carry out these illegal orders of the Nazi like far Right Wing Zionist parties.
Old March 27, 2004, 17:00   #317
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Just like the UN is going to invade the US and take it over, right Charles?

Mis Novias
Old March 27, 2004, 17:02   #318
Tripledoc
ACDG The Human Hive
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo

Ask Chechnya that, you idiot.
Oh boy. I think we have a stalker here.
Old March 27, 2004, 17:14   #319
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Nazi Zionists. Cool.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old March 27, 2004, 22:19   #320
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Striker
Just like the UN is going to invade the US and take it over, right Charles?
I would like to see america defeat and people like you put on trial for they action.
Old March 28, 2004, 00:05   #321
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Que ?

What am I on trial for amigo?

Mis Novias
Old March 28, 2004, 00:51   #322
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by dannubis

yeah, would have ...
Exactly... they didn't, because this guy is gone.

Tell those parents that you'd rather their children be dead, than this guy.
Old March 28, 2004, 00:57   #323
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara They are every bit as much of terrorists as Hamas. The only differnce is that Israel isn't targetting non-combatants.
You managed to contradict yourself in adjacent sentences