Old March 22, 2004, 03:07   #61
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Boris you are full of it.

Israel doesn't need our military aid. I don't know why we still send it to them. Their pilots and aircraft for example are just as good if not better than their American counterparts. They pioneered the use of small drones that blasted down Arab AA defenses, once considered unbeatable.

They clearly whooped Arab azz all by themselves every time they have been messed with.

Azazel maybe you can fill him in on the specifics.

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 03:07   #62
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 15:32
I don't know, I'm just extrapolating from the fact that Israel is outnumbered in a 40 to 1 ration. That'll cost you eventually. Maybe the Arabs will get some kind of alliance with China?
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 22, 2004, 03:09   #63
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 16:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Oncle Boris
I don't know, I'm just extrapolating from the fact that Israel is outnumbered in a 40 to 1 ration. That'll cost you eventually. Maybe the Arabs will get some kind of alliance with China?
That's crap. And by the way, the Arabs had an alliance with the Russians and Chinese.. it didn't work. The Arabs launched several wars on Israel, they failed each and every single time. And they won't get any better.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:10   #64
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Ted, what's the population of Israel? 6, 7 millions? What are they to do, when the Arab world finally gets back on track, and buy 43 times their number of planes, have 54 times more men, and receive help from, say, China, in exchange from oil, or any kind of valuable resource they'll have by that time?
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 22, 2004, 03:11   #65
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Ted, what's the population of Israel? 6, 7 millions? What are they to do, when the Arab world finally gets back on track, and buy 43 times their number of planes, have 54 times more men, and receive help from, say, China, in exchange from oil, or any kind of valuable resource they'll have by that time?
They already did that. In fact take the Egyptians.. they outnumbered the Israelis by many times as did their airforce. They still failed.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:12   #66
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

OK guys, I'm talking very long term here, like 100 years at least. Don't you know that most peoples in history stopped existing after being enslaved/massacred? By virtue of its geographical position and historical hatred, Israel is the perfect meat.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:15   #67
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 22:32
Quote:
Wait, I thought that all this hostility against us was because of the rich/poor divide... If they'll be able to buy all that, they certainly are not poor.

Still, nukes, man. nukes.

Oh, and yes. Israel faced armies of 700,000 , like in 73' yet we still beat them, ( with american ammunition support, yes, but the same went for the other side, thousands of tanks and planes, still not repaid by the arabs to the Russians )
Old March 22, 2004, 03:18   #68
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Boris population doesn't mean squat on the modern battlefield. Especially in a small area like Israel, there are only so many entry points to attack them. Basically the Arabs could funnel their massive amounts of soliders into a very small area only to get picked off by the superior combined arms tactics the Israelis would unleash on them.

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 03:19   #69
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Bah, I'm not debating this anymore. Nukes aren't going to be eternally powerful. By some time the most powerful countries will have SDI or something, and the Arab world WILL get out of its torpor, someday. Hopefully, the Arabs and Israel will be friendly by that time- because if they're not, Israel loses. That's it.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:22   #70
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Striker
Boris population doesn't mean squat on the modern battlefield. Especially in a small area like Israel, there are only so many entry points to attack them. Basically the Arabs could funnel their massive amounts of soliders into a very small area only to get picked off by the superior combined arms tactics the Israelis would unleash on them.
No, it just means more $, more equipment, more advanced warfare, etc.

If you really think that Israel can hold ground for ETERNITY, then you're being naive. No country, no empire will ever be eternal. That is an historical constant.

The question is: by the time the Arab world rises from its retarded position, will the hatred between Muslims and Jews be over?

The level I'm talking about here, is like someone saying back in 1823 "I just think there will be a genocide someday in Europe", and he would have been right.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:26   #71
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Ahhh, sorry Player but we have repeated examples of super small countries like Rome and England doing things like, ohh, taking over most of the world.

Large population doesn't necessarily mean more money or better equipment. In Gulf War 1 the Coalition was outnumbered by the 4th largest army in the world but the war will go down in history as one of the most lopsided victories ever.

The Israelis have been repeatedly outnumbered for the past 50 years and have never been beaten.

Regarding the hatred, it's hard to say. The roots of the current conflict go back thousands of years.

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 03:35   #72
Pax
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:32
Player Please.

At a certain point it will no longer matter how accurate and precise your weapons are. With the right tactics the Israelis will lose and that's unfortunate but it's the price they will pay for thinking that peace can come from threat of war. That's what happened in WW1 and WW2.
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation
Old March 22, 2004, 03:41   #73
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

What point will that be?

In the year 4545 when the dumbass Arabs are after Israel for putting a damn synogogue on Rhea, the icey moon of Saturn?

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 03:41   #74
Az
Emperor

define 'retarded'. If you think their retardness is just economical, then no, that's not enough change. If you think their retardness is social, AND economical, that if those both change, I don't see any problems happening. You must understand, the majority of Israelis don't hate arabs. We do hate the arab societies, and when those will change, I see no reason for hostility against them.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:44   #75
Pax
Chieftain

Quote:
What point will that be?

In the year 4545 when the dumbass Arabs are after Israel for putting a damn synogogue on Rhea, the icey moon of Saturn?
I would like to prevent this war/hostilities between people from going that long.
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation
Old March 22, 2004, 03:45   #76
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Pax Africanus
I would like to prevent this war/hostilities between people from going that long.
Not going to happen.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:46   #77
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Ahhh, sorry Player but we have repeated examples of super small countries like Rome and England doing things like, ohh, taking over most of the world.
You enjoy being a moron don't you? Why is it that England isn't a superpower ANYMORE? because one can't hold its superiority for eternity. The same will go for Israel.

Quote:
Large population doesn't necessarily mean more money or better equipment. In Gulf War 1 the Coalition was outnumbered by the 4th largest army in the world but the war will go down in history as one of the most lopsided victories ever.
The coalition had by far the better equipment and largest economy.

Which is dodging my point again: a large population will eventually, in the course of a few centuries, give you the edge. History is cyclic, and nothing tells us that in 343 years from now there will be a super large super powerful Arab confederation.

Quote:
The Israelis have been repeatedly outnumbered for the past 50 years and have never been beaten.
They will be repeatedly outnumbered in the future, and stats will play against them.

Quote:
Regarding the hatred, it's hard to say. The roots of the current conflict go back thousands of years.
It's not. Arabs will rise again, someday, because that's how history works. The question is only: when it happens, will the hatred be over?
Old March 22, 2004, 03:49   #78
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
define 'retarded'. If you think their retardness is just economical, then no, that's not enough change. If you think their retardness is social, AND economical, that if those both change, I don't see any problems happening. You must understand, the majority of Israelis don't hate arabs. We do hate the arab societies, and when those will change, I see no reason for hostility against them.
You're right. It all depends on how they evolve. From there, it's pure speculation. For example, they could find a supercharismatic fascist leader that would improve their economy in no time. Or they could slowly turn democratic while signing a peace with the Jewish people.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:56   #79
Al'Kimiya
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:32
Good news, lets hope this will make all the would-be terrorists show their true quality [as evil servants of Sauron] and explode prematurely so we can have a good laugh.
Old March 22, 2004, 03:58   #80
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:

Why is it that England isn't a superpower ANYMORE? because one can't hold its superiority for eternity. The same will go for Israel.
What does that have to do with anything? How many nations could successully invade the UK and win? A combined European Army couldn't do it, and a combined Arab army would be utterly devastated.

Quote:
Which is dodging my point again: a large population will eventually, in the course of a few centuries, give you the edge. History is cyclic, and nothing tells us that in 343 years from now there will be a super large super powerful Arab confederation.
Pure speculation. They already tried it once. By that time there won't be any oil money so where are they going to draw their economic resources from? Sand?

Quote:
They will be repeatedly outnumbered in the future, and stats will play against them.
Again pure speculation. They've already been outnumbered and kicked the crap out of the Arabs.

Quote:
It's not. Arabs will rise again, someday, because that's how history works. The question is only: when it happens, will the hatred be over?
Is that how history works or is that what YOU want to see? You clearly hate Israel. Why is this? To spite the US? Or are you Arab yourself?

Mis Novias
Old March 22, 2004, 04:03   #81
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Ted- the problem with your views, is that saying Israel will hold its ground is not more 'pure speculation' than saying it won't. The difference being that history teaches that they have a 99% of eventually losing, because there's just too few of them.

Again, read my reply to Azazel. I did go to far in saying that Israel WILL be genocided. But I still think they are on the losing side of history, and that eventually, if ever the Arabs can re-group and still hate them by that time, won't let their chance go.

BTW, I don't hate Israel at all. Witnessing a genocide is the least of my desire, really.
Old March 22, 2004, 04:10   #82
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 21:32
Sharon must die.

- Paul Valery
Old March 22, 2004, 04:30   #83
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

@ Agathon.

While I won't cheer for an assassination, I can't say that the news ruin my day. May he find peace in Allahs kingdom. I don't expect the slightest relief for Israel, though.
Old March 22, 2004, 04:41   #84
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Seems Palestine has gone into official mourning with Hamas threatening the United States, and that there are thousands of protestors in the streets saying that this is the worst atrocity Israel has ever commited.

Not quite hampering terrorism as expected by some in this thread.
But not quite supririsng either.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:06   #85
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 04:32
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Got to say it looks really good killing an elderly quadroplegic cleric in a wheelchair.

OB is right. If present day trends hold true, Jews will be a minority in Israel in less than 20 years. It's already pretty bad, but if you start having a majority being denied the vote and subject to occupation it will start to look even more like South Africa. And we know what happened to them.

And get real. If Israel loses the backing of the US, she is toast - nukes or no nukes. Without the US, Israel simply does not have the diplomatic or economic clout to bargain effectively. Economic strangulation would follow forthwith. Anything else is simply delusions of grandeur.

And if Israel keeps behaving the way it has in the past few years, no one will want to help.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:09   #86
Az
Emperor

Quote:
OB is right. If present day trends hold true, Jews will be a minority in Israel in less than 20 years.
ain't so.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:12   #87
yavoon
Warlord

woohoo dead bad guy!
Old March 22, 2004, 05:12   #88
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 04:32
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Really, why is that? Are my published sources completely off base, or are you, Azazel, planning to embark on a selfless program of impregnating every woman you see?

I'm including the territories in the above count.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:16   #89
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

They do appear to be most displeased at this strike.
Old March 22, 2004, 05:21   #90
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
ain't so.
You may be right, considering the steady stream of Jews from Russia.