Old March 22, 2004, 00:27   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turn 13, 3400bc
Orders from the Ministers:

ALL MINISTERS, please feel free to edit this post to enter in your orders.

Pre-Turn Diplomacy to be expected:

Military Orders
Offical SMC Thread: Exploration and Defence
Rename the new warrior "4 Road Kill Warriors". there isn't enough time for a nice poll, and this name has the most cumulative votes (7).

1 Anthea the Blonde: South, onto the mountain
3 Grog: East
4 Road Kill Warriors: West, West

Worker Orders (added by Rhoth)

- 1 Roads R Us moves 7 to wine

City Orders (added by Rhoth)

- Apolyton builds warrior, start barracks prebuild for granary
- Apolyton WF to cattle and sugar (4,10)

Diplomacy To Be Completed

Any Other Things To Be Done (added by Rhoth)

- Slider to 70% science/30% tax
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Last edited by Rhothaerill; March 22, 2004 at 16:14.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2004, 04:51   #2
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:33
What happened to unit #2 ? I only see 1,3 and 4.
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2004, 06:05   #3
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:33
#2 is supposed to stay at home for MP/home protection duty from what I've read.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2004, 13:10   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

What happened to the orders I had edited into the thread? Did someone edit them out?

And to BFM, yes #2 is staying home for MP duty. We'll have three others out scouting.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2004, 13:39   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 15:33
as Co-IM chair (until finally decided) I am wondering the same Q as Rhoth. Those orders should be good for the next 1000 years or so.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2004, 16:05   #6
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Sorry, I cleared out the orders when I made the new thread so that you could update them, if you like.

If there's nothing to do, there's no need for orders, but we will need orders for Roads and for a build in Apolyton.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 22, 2004, 16:09   #7
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

No, I meant that I had added the orders in once soon after this thread was created and now they are no longer there. I was just wondering if there was a reason they were deleted or if it was just a mistake someone made.

In any case, I'll add them again.
Old March 22, 2004, 22:28   #8
Togas
Emperor

The save is in. It will be played shortly in chat.

btw, F-P sends us the following message
Quote:
So you guys figure out how to cook dirt yet? Primitives, I tell ya- we not only figured how to cook dirt for eating, we started with that and the ability to make big straight mounds of it! HAH!

Who's yer daddy NOW, dirt-cookers?

(Referring to the UN thread if you didn't guess.)

Save attached.
Anyone feel like writing him back?

--Togas
Old March 22, 2004, 23:47   #9
Togas
Emperor

Old March 22, 2004, 23:47   #10
Togas
Emperor

Old March 22, 2004, 23:55   #11
Togas
Emperor

Turn Results from 3400bc

Played in chat using posted orders at 3:40am GMT with conmcb25, Arnelos, UberKrux, Rhoth, and Unorthodox present.

APOLYTON builds 4 Road Kill Warriors. Build set to barracks. WF adjusted to work cattle & sugar.

4 Road Kill Warriors moves west (4 - 4)

1 Roads R Us moves 7 onto grapes

3 Grog moves east (6).

1 Anthea the Blonde moves South (2) onto mountain.

Science Slider adjusted to 70% science, 30% tax.

Save sent to BAT and Admin

ISSUES OF NOTE

Pottery next turn. It appears from the poll that we'll start on Writing next.

We'll shift our build over to a granary next turn.

No change in the city status of the other teams, by shifting to the sugar, we are now #1 in GNP but #2 in Manuf good. If we shift back, we are #2 in GNP and #1 in Manuf Good.

Apolyton is presently at 4spt, 3fpt, 7tpt. It has 8 food in the box and 0 shields stored.

--Togas
Old March 23, 2004, 10:49   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
The save is in. It will be played shortly in chat.

btw, F-P sends us the following message

Anyone feel like writing him back?

--Togas
Yep, working the relationship with F-P has been my personal mission since last Novemeber.

I have had some help from Arny, but let me handle this one.
Old March 23, 2004, 13:28   #13
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:33
I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but is the "Coast" tile 8-8-8-9 of Apolyton freshwater or not? I figure that if it's salt water, then the area W-NW of Apolyton is a peninsula (and therefore we'd be less likely to get contacts from that direction).
Vlad Antlerkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2004, 14:48   #14
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
it is a sea
the question is how big is the peninsula
ormuzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2004, 15:00   #15
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:33
It cannot be sea - it is adjacent to land so it must be coast.

How can we check the saltiness of the water, anyway?
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2004, 15:03   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster

By tasting it
Old March 23, 2004, 15:05   #17
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster

Simple (though I can't check it at the moment)...if it provides two food without a harbor then it is fresh water. If it provides one food without a harbor it is salt water.
Old March 23, 2004, 19:08   #18
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Freah water Lake: Food = 2, Shield = 0, Gold = 2
Coast: Food = 1, Shield = 0, Gold = 2

Coastal areas are effected by harbor, off shore platform, etc. Fresh water lakes are not. Fresh water lakes are used for starting irrigation, while Coast tiles are not.

I think that should cover the basics.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2004, 03:21   #19
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
ok, it is coast
I have meant it is not a lake or like
ormuzd is offline   Reply With Quote