Old March 20, 2000, 21:56   #1
jgv_fiera

New Civ2 Site!
You thought you already knew every single Civ2 Page on the Web, but here comes "JGV's Civ2 Site" to prove you were wrong!

JGV's Civ2 Site is my small (and the newest) apportation to Civ2 Community, with 39 new high-quality units (all made by me), my first (unfinished) scenario and some other things.

Pay a visit to it at: http://www.geocities.com/fiera_com/civ2/index.html

Old March 20, 2000, 22:04   #2
MasterBob

How do you make unit sets, I make everything else, I would like to make units sets also for civworld.

------------------
Webmaster---Come to the Civworld Forums

"If you cannot beat them, don't join them, instead corrupt them, make them join you, then throw them off a cliff."
"Those who achieve greatness have backstab to achieve it."

Old March 21, 2000, 09:17   #3
jgv_fiera

I assume you mean each gif file with five or six units, when you write unit set?

In that case, it's easy to do with Paint Shop Pro. You just have to use the "paste as new image" option in the Edit menu, once you've copied the unit or units you want to appear as a single file.

I hope this helps.

Old March 21, 2000, 21:41   #4
MasterBob

Not really, I don't have paint shop pro.

Old March 22, 2000, 06:10   #5
jgv_fiera

I guess the only way to get these units set is having Paint Shop Pro or any other painting program.

PSP is easy to use and you can download a shareware trial version which you can use freely for a month. You can download it here: http://www.jasc.com/pspdl.html.

Furthermore, the Great Icon Library (http://www.c-o-p.com/gil/index.html) offers a quite good explanation on how to copy, paste and deal with unit icons.
[This message has been edited by jgv_fiera (edited March 22, 2000).]

Old March 23, 2000, 01:10   #6
MasterBob

Okay, I got PaintS Shop Pro off a warez site, now how do I do this?

------------------
Webmaster---Come to the Civworld Forums

"If you cannot beat them, don't join them, instead corrupt them, make them join you, then throw them off a cliff."

"Greatness is measured by how evil you are, the more evil, the greater you become."

Old March 23, 2000, 11:04   #7
jgv_fiera

Well, let's see...

First of all, open PSP.
Then open "units.gif" file from your Civ2 folder. There are (if you haven't changed them before) the original civ2 Units. To add, say, one of my units, just open my file, copy the unit you want to use (using "Copy" in the "edit" menu) and paste it (using "paste as new selection") onto the unit you want to change in your original units.gif.

Of course, with PSP you can simply modify any graphic file, so you can modify (in a very similar way as when using the editor provided with FW) your units.gif, as well as my units set.

Now, to make your own unit sets...
You must put together (in a row) four, five units or as many as you like, copy them, and then use the option "paste as new image". There you are. Just give a name to the file and you'll have your unit set.

Did this make sense? I'm Spanish, and maybe I don't write clear enough...