Old September 22, 2000, 10:07   #31
kent-jo
Warlord

Local Time: 00:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Good (Sid Meier) have choosen the color my people (Russian) to be white. And so be it.....

I'm just availeble from 19.30 to 24.00 CET (GMT +1)
I don't know when this will be EST.

The Capo:
Why don't you just tape the wrestling show...
I can't tape my famely gathering.....
Old September 22, 2000, 10:44   #32
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 23:06
Local Date: October 30, 2010
If you do not watch your tone, the Italians will see to it that your Russians are red, if you catch my drift!
Old September 22, 2000, 15:56   #33
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 19:06
Hey!!

That is right!!

Theoretically, with the red color we could have 8 players in this game!!

If we set it up as a scenario we could get an extra person in there, i'd love that!

We could get the turks in there to play, which is a nation that i think we need in the game. Wow... does anyone else think this is a great idea? The more the merrier as far as i'm concerned, of course every extra person makes scheduling a bit more difficult, but i think it deffinatly adds to the game, being able to have all the major players in a typical european conflict/world would be great.

And yes, not everyone will be able to get the real color of their civ. Since we can't have both the romans and the russians, or both the germans and the french we will have to modify this on the map and in our heads a bit.

Is anyone really adamant about what color they are? Because i could just work it out right now, and put the starting spot of each player on the capitol site of their historical capitol, that has mostly been done by the creator of the map, but i would have to switch things around for certian civs like the romans & russians and french & germans. The empty colors are light blue, purple, and green. I volunteer to make the hungarians be purple, since i am used to using that color anyways. Would the french, germans, russians, or italians volunteer to use one of the other colors?

Please let us know. And if anyone knows how to work a game so that we could get eight in the game let us know that as well. I know i've played scenarios with 8 players, but i don't know how to set it up myself, though i'd love to have that in this game.

------------------
Metalhead Greater Sayen, and all 'round nice guy
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by OzzyKP (edited September 22, 2000).]</font>
Old September 22, 2000, 16:03   #34
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

And if my math is correct it seems that it will be impossible to get Kent-Jo and Mr. Dimbleby in the same game at the same time this sunday. Kent's hours are 130pm - 6pm EST and Dimble's are after after 630pm EST.

I really would like to be fair to everyone in the game, but it seems we can't all be there at the same time. I suggest we just start at 1-130 as we had planned and find someone to replace Dimble for this first session. I hope it will work out and everyone will be ok with this. So ask around for a sub, and possibly another player to play the turks (or another country if they want(though i'd like them to be the turks)) if we can get this 8th player thing working.

------------------
Old September 22, 2000, 19:22   #35
JDI_Falcon
Chieftain

I really do not mind at all what color I am. However, I do not understand this whole red as the eighth team thing. That does not work. You cannot have a eighth team that can negotiate and move their units.
Old September 22, 2000, 20:09   #36
kent-jo
Warlord

Ok. I can be light blue, i'm pretty used to it.

OzzyKP: You are'nt changing our starting possision. i dont like that..

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by kent-jo (edited September 22, 2000).]</font>
Old September 22, 2000, 21:01   #37
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Ok, an eigth team is indeed possible, i have played scenarios where there are 8 sepperate functioning civilizations, i'm not sure how we could use this for our purposes, but i know that it is possible in scenarios. I was hoping someone else knew.

And i won't be changing the starting spots of anyone. I assume you all have the map, some civilizations have a starting spot picked for them, some don't. Those that don't i will make a starting spot for them based on where their capitol is in real life, like how the other civ's starting spots are done. You all notice of course that the romans and russians can't play at the same time, they have the same color. So since Kent volunteered to be light blue, i will delete the starting spot for the russians on the map, and replace it at the same spot with a city for the americans on the map. Everything will be the same, but you will have to pick the "americans" we will all make a mental switch and you will be the russians, just pretend.

Trust me, it makes sense.

------------------
Old September 23, 2000, 01:44   #38
JDI_Falcon
Chieftain

I am drunk and weary right now. I just have to say something. How do you plan on making this accurate. if there are germands and french how are you going to make it so germans and french start in correct postiitons? Huh ozzy? You gotta make Ftrench or something be purple so i can make custom civ, totherise your just askign for trouble. Grmgarjgofjhgof. Woh woh woh yah!
Old September 23, 2000, 15:22   #39
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright well if Kent will be light blue Russia, then I will be white Italy, and as for the red comment, I meant red as in bloody, not as in the Barbarian/Red/8th civ, if nobody got my arrogant comment then I dunno.

And I must agree with Joe, I see no way that the Red civ can exist, but maybe there is some kinda trick to it in the civ thing, who knows
Old September 23, 2000, 20:32   #40
Nap Bonaparte
Warlord

I will be present at 1pm EDT on Sun. Just wanted to let you know that there is a European Diplomatic game scenario available called Eurodip. All countries are well represented with enlarged England and Italy and reduced Russia. The game is set up for Russia, Italy, Germany, Spain, France, England, and Turkey. Everyone starts with 2 settlers and barbs are set at villages only.

Old September 23, 2000, 23:12   #41
JDI_Falcon
Chieftain

Capo is working on something that should be pretty damn good. It will be a small scenario that will work perfectly.
Old September 24, 2000, 02:31   #42
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Everyone, be sure to get on ICQ or AIM so we can communicate and set up the game.

Also, if you know someone interested in subbing get them to show too, because Mr. Dimple needs someone to play for him.

My ICQ number is: 47270249

My AIM Name is: LazerKP

------------------
Dear Mother
Dear Father
Every thought I d think you d disapprove
Curator
Dictator
Always censoring my every move
Children are seen but are not heard
Tear out everything inspired
- Metallica Dyers Eve
Old September 24, 2000, 08:28   #43
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:06
Argh! Do we need the map in our files or can we just join like any other mp game? And having the barbs at any level other than "villages only" is a handicap to the white civ because barbs move right before the white. Imagine a couple of barb archers just popping up next to a seaside city 1 second before your turn.
Old September 24, 2000, 11:28   #44
Nap Bonaparte
Warlord

I will be online today at 1pm EDT.....my ICQ is 37676739
Old September 24, 2000, 11:34   #45
JDI_Falcon
Chieftain

All you gotta do is download a small scenario. We changed it to make it more European, but as far as unit strength goes, nothing has changed, just some names and graphics. This will make the game much more fun and realistic so don't be pissed. I guess I'll post a link to it when Reefer finishes it up.
Old September 24, 2000, 13:44   #46
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

well we are all here and waiting, Capo isn't here yet. If you read this get on AIM or ICQ ASAP.

------------------
Dear Mother
Dear Father
Curator
Dictator
- Metallica Dyers Eve
Old September 24, 2000, 15:42   #47
kent-jo
Warlord

This night was an disaster!

I was'nt mad of my starting pos, but that it have been moved witout telling. We where choosing our civ's out of their starting pos.......

And people did'nt show up when they where supposed too..

Let's hope we get an better start next week...
Old September 24, 2000, 16:01   #48
JDI_Falcon
Chieftain

Ok, here is the speal. We are gonna go for next week sometime. Sunday however is not going to work. Both Reefer and I have previous engagements. So I am think either Saturday or sometime during the week, but after 6:30 EST.

On the subject of today, I think everything went terrible. First we had one of the players quit because the game was taking to long to start. I suggest we get rid of all people like that before next week. I mean if he really wanted to play, he would have waited. Secondly, this time a specific time must be mentioned and set in stone. Make sure everyone knows about unlike today where three, yes ozzy three people thought it was at 6:30. Also, Ozzy and Reefer, forget today, put it behind you and lets stop arguing, this game won't get anywhere with arguing.

Here is a link to the scenario that we will be using. Put it in the /Scenario folder, otherwise you will get an error.
http://www.geocities.com/enemyofdefense/EuroDip.zip

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by JDI_Falcon (edited September 24, 2000).]</font>
Old September 24, 2000, 19:32   #49
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

I really can't have an ongoing game any other time than on sunday afternoons like we had scheduled.

That day and time frame was posted before anyone came along, i really intended this to be then. So far that time seems to work the best with most of the people involved anyways.

Despite our arguments today i really would love for both of you to get in the game, but i'm not really flexible on the day or approx. time, so please if you can try to make it sunday at 1pm est, if not then i suppose we could find someone else.

Old September 25, 2000, 14:54   #50
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

I understand the complaints by people over their starting spots, I hate the feeling of "being cheated" but in this case i think that the concerns are fairly unfounded.

I'm looking at the map now, and first of all the germans have two squares of water right by them which can give some trade. But regardless of that they have an immense advantage regarding production. If you compare the hungarian start which bezerker considers ideal to the german spot, the germans have a clear advantage over everyone else in the game in production. While the hungarians may have a start favorable to inventing tech, the germans have a start favorable to building wonders.

I should be complaining that they will beat everyone in the wonder race. But personally i think we all have strengths and weaknesses of our given land just like the real european powers did, and we should just play our best with what we have. Because honestly what really matters is how good the player is. This isn't going to be a quick to the death game where having a good start can make or break an entire game, this is going to be much larger than a few specials in one city will ever give anyone.

Personally i think that the map and the scenario that Capo worked on is wonderful. I have no complaints about the map, though i do have a question about the starting techs that everyone has.

I say we play on this mostly unchanged, but like i said before i really can only play on Sundays as the game was orginally set up to be.

------------------
Dear Mother
Dear Father
Curator
Dictator
- Metallica Dyers Eve
Old September 25, 2000, 14:56   #51
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Damn...

This game better turn out good, we've already made it to two pages and over 50 posts and we haven't even started the game yet, hehe.
Old September 25, 2000, 18:17   #52
Mr Dimbleby
King

I am fine with both the scenario and the map, no complaints here.

As far as who has what with regards to terrain & resources, no more whining. Build an army an go acquire it. Historically, this is the way it was done.

------------------
``Smart is also instinct, judgement and common sense ... You can't inspire and unite by thinking you're smarter than everyone else."

You little scumbag! I've got your name! I've
got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not
cry! You will learn by the numbers. I will
teach you. Now get up! Get on your feet! You
had best un**** yourself or I will unscrew
your head and **** down your neck!
Old September 26, 2000, 00:10   #53
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

My apologies about the delay I caused with the download, I asked well beforehand if there was going to be any downloads because I knew my ignorance of computers would result in a clumsy attempt to incorporate the new info into the proper files. I can play anytime, but I do have one miniscule complaint and suggestion:

I noticed that the Hungarians start on a river with plenty of wine nearby while the Russians (at least he has silk), the Spanish and I are stuck with no science specials within 8-10 spaces (I'm even further from sciences), argh! Ozzy said I (the Germans) make up for this with better land, hmm. My suggestion: let each of us select the coordinates for our respective starting positions within the home range of our traditional countries. Could we give the host these coordinates so he could go into the game and re-position our settlers?
Basicly we are surrendering philosophy to Ozzy and I want to even out the start...
Old September 26, 2000, 00:55   #54
The Capo
DiploGames
King

I just wanna say a few things, for one everyone is complaining about the starting points, but they are missing the entire point of it. I chose these starting points with perfect regard to where they are in the real world, Budapest is on the Danube, therefore it shall be on the Danube, and so on and so forth, complaining about your starting point is stupid because the Germans, Spanish, Russian etc. in real life had no choice where their "starting points" are.

As far as me moving them, yeah I did "move" them but not with the intentions of moving them, if you really want to know how I selected the points I moved every civ's starting point to Turkey, and then looked at an Atlas to find an exact starting spot, so technically everyone was "moved"

As for the time, I cannot make it any other days but Monday, and Wednesday during the week, and that is it. I can make it anytime after five on those days, but other than that I am completley unavailable to play, I made a very serious exception this past Sunday and everyone seemed to be pissed off at me.

So whatever, you guys don't like the work I did fine, don't use it, but I worked my ass off and it is very exact and very much historically accurate. To complain about an advantage is a very stupid thing to do in a Diplo situation, there is no advantage because there is no victory, so stop whining about it.
Old September 26, 2000, 01:01   #55
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Now, lets get squared away who still is involved in this game, some tempers were flared last time, and some people are now having scheduling conflicts so i just want to do a roll call to see who is still interested in playing this game.

Personally i am very much for starting this game next week sunday at 1pm est, i am the hungarians.

Old September 26, 2000, 17:34   #56
Mr Dimbleby
King

I'll be there.
Old September 26, 2000, 17:59   #57
JDI_Falcon
Chieftain

I can be there as well, but I am pretty sure Capo can not.
Old September 26, 2000, 19:45   #58
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Ok, be sure to talk to everyone who had initially wanted in and make sure they still want to play. So far the confirmed roster for the game on Sunday at 1pm EST is as follows:

Ozzy - Hungarians
Joe/Falcon - French
Dimbleby - English

so please get the rest to confirm and start talking to new people to get them interested as well. I hope we don't loose anyone, but Falcon says Capo won't be able to make it so we will need a replacement for Italy. And if anyone else decides to drop we need a replacement for them too.

------------------
Dear Mother
Dear Father
Curator
Dictator
- Metallica Dyers Eve
Old September 27, 2000, 09:10   #59
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, you lucky bastards, I took Sunday off again, I may be able to make this a regular thing, but I really really like working on Sundays because I work almost a twelve hour day and literally NOBODY shows up. I work in a record store.

As far as the tech goes, that was a blunder on my part, so I guess I will have to take that out. Also I did in fact test the AI in this scenario and the Germans were by far the best suited so whoever they are can really shut the hell up, if he didn't notice they have DIRECT access to Scandinavia, which is basically free land, so he should really look at the map carefully before complaining. Another one who was whining was Russia, god damn man, you have the largest amount of open land with forests and mountians and lakes and you still complain, what are you stupid? Would you rather be in Africa or something?

if anyone should complain it should be Joe, France is small and surrounded...

Anyway I can play, one eastern is perfect, I did plan on going to see a movie or something on Sunday, watchin football, but whatever.

Italy shall prevail!

------------------
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old September 27, 2000, 09:11   #60
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, you lucky bastards, I took Sunday off again, I may be able to make this a regular thing, but I really really like working on Sundays because I work almost a twelve hour day and literally NOBODY shows up. I work in a record store.

As far as the tech goes, that was a blunder on my part, so I guess I will have to take that out. Also I did in fact test the AI in this scenario and the Germans were by far the best suited so whoever they are can really shut the hell up, if he didn't notice they have DIRECT access to Scandinavia, which is basically free land, so he should really look at the map carefully before complaining. Another one who was whining was Russia, god damn man, you have the largest amount of open land with forests and mountians and lakes and you still complain, what are you stupid? Would you rather be in Africa or something?

if anyone should complain it should be Joe, France is small and surrounded...

Anyway I can play, one eastern is perfect, I did plan on going to see a movie or something on Sunday, watchin football, but whatever.

Italy shall prevail!

------------------
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

One Love.