Old October 10, 2000, 19:08   #1
Shnins81
Settler

Local Time: 23:07
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Looking for first multiplayer game
Hey all, Im new here. Ive been playing Civ in one form or another for 7 years now, and I finally just purchased the Gold version of Civ II. Id love to get a game going. Fair warning though: for all my experience, Ive never played above Prince. I know I know, kinda sad, but I enjoy thoroughly dominating. Point is, I probably suck. So if anyone still wants to get a game going, send me some mail or contact me on AIM or AOL: Shnins81

------------------
Yankees Suck!
Old October 10, 2000, 19:34   #2
Spider
Warlord

Hi, Shnins81, did you download the latest patch already?

If you haven't already noticed, the best times for starting a game around here seem to be Wed, Fri, and Sat evenings between 7:00 and 8:00, other than that it's pot luck.

Are you willing to play on Deity level? Most of us don't care to play any other level, but there are a few who still play lower levels, I guess.

Are you willing to play double production? It seems that the "core" group of American players prefers double production to speed up the game. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it DOES seem to make for a better multiplaying experience.

I"ll be looking for a game tonight, but I'm hoping to continue a previous game.

One more thing, you NEED ICQ. Almost everyone here uses ICQ to help communicate while setting up games (among other things.) Without it, you're going to be severely handicapped.
Old October 10, 2000, 20:03   #3
Shnins81
Settler

Hey, I guess I'll have to learn to play Diety. My ICQ # is 94112740, and I have the latest version of Civ II. If anyone wants to play, Im ready to get my ass kicked.
Old October 10, 2000, 21:43   #4
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 15:07
Go here

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum2/HT...tml?date=16:33

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Smash (edited October 10, 2000).]</font>
Old October 12, 2000, 10:08   #5
drake
King

Local Time: 19:07
Always up for a game with a fellow local and someone that hates the yanks- lets hope seattle wont blow anymore like last night. Played for years like yourself Shnins81, but not real experienced in MP. I'm not interested unless you and whoever else plays wants to finish. I can only play M-Thursday after 6pm(EST)and only for 3 or 4 hours or so (gotta get up early). Can start next Monday. Level doesn't matter, rules don't matter (suggest no double production and movement but don't really care).