Old October 16, 2000, 19:54   #1
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 23:08
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Setting up UltraDip I.....
Me and Dimbleby have been discussing creating a diplogame, and now that we are both out of EuroDip I, we have decided to make our own Diplogame on a gigamap. This diplogame is going to be longer than a normal game, so make sure you know that aspect. The tech tree will be added to, and more units will be created to make this long game fresher. We need to know your nation (You can be any country on the planet that you want, or in the history of the planet)

There will only be two nations to a continent, already the Romans and Americans have been taken, so its pretty much up in the air, it doesn't matter if the color is taken becuase the Diplogame will be a scenario so I can make any country in this game.

We plan on playing this wednesday (TWO DAYS) so please make your decisions quick!

------------------
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

"Ceterum censo Carthaginem esse delendam"
"Also I think that Carthage must be destroyed"

-Cato the Elder, Roman Statesmen

One Love.
Old October 16, 2000, 21:19   #2
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

I was thinking of joining but your signature is so busy and full of quotes that I'm confused as hell now
Old October 17, 2000, 06:58   #3
Mr Dimbleby
King

Local Time: 18:08
I'm up for Ultradip. Although I am by no means out of Eurodip.
Old October 17, 2000, 09:53   #4
drake
King

Local Time: 19:08
I have never played a "diplo" game. Is the definition of a diplo game, a game in which there is no war? Or does it simply mean that the players must be diplomatic and honorable in the manner that they conduct themselves (much like they would have to in a "civilized" world)? If it is the latter, I'm interested....former, well I don't think a completely peaceful world is much fun. OR, is it neither? I really want to get a game started, so let me know. Your game would be started at EST times Capo? Will the remaining slots be filled by AI?

------------------
"Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!" -- Genghis Khan, Bukhara 1220
Old October 17, 2000, 20:50   #5
Potsy-KTC
Chieftain

I would like to be in on this. I'm available to start at 6pm wednesday. I would prefer to be green - Japanese, Zulu, or Babylonian.
Old October 17, 2000, 21:30   #6
Potsy-KTC
Chieftain

oops! I thought this was a continuation of the "weeknight warriors" thread. I've already committed to it - sorry!
Old October 17, 2000, 22:47   #7
The Capo
DiploGames
King

It is definantly the latter, no war would defeat the purpose of playing.

As for the slots being filled by the AI, that is another thing Diplogames are known for: There are no AI! Everyone is human, and everyone must play with th eutmost respect for diplomatic relations, despite what the warhawks of Civ would have you think; Diplogames have little to know restrictions. Instead of outlawing things that are not desireable, we let the "international community" decide how to handle hte person in question, which either results in good diplomatic relations, or in whats going on in Israel right now.

Either way its awesome.

------------------
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old October 18, 2000, 15:56   #8
drake
King

so whens this thing starting? You said earlier that you were starting TODAY- is that still up or what?
Sounds like a fun game.

Old October 18, 2000, 17:50   #9
The Capo
DiploGames
King

So far its just me and Dimbleby, and maybe drake if he wants in, I would love to have him join BTW.

But that means we still need four more tribes to join up, I think Dimble is going to be the Americans, I am going to be the Romans, and I Dunno about Drake, with those exceptions its still up in the air.

I had planned on starting tonight at six, which is in ten minutes, but that is doubtful now. So maybe we should try for next week.

------------------

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old October 18, 2000, 18:14   #10
drake
King

I'll be the mongols if and when this thing gets started.
Old October 18, 2000, 18:58   #11
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, well so far then we have the Americans, Romans and Mongols. We need four more players still.

We are starting next Wednesday.
Old October 18, 2000, 19:16   #12
easthaven

Just wonderin how late are you willing to play because 6est is too early but if it was 7est or preferably 8 than I could make it. Anyways if its too late than its ok.

Old October 19, 2000, 11:09   #13
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Since its you Easthaven, I will push it back to seven o'clock eastern, so you in?
Old October 20, 2000, 10:46   #14
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, well if East gives the nod then we have four prospective players. Which is cool, and means we only need three, since the original idea for this game is a scenario, it doesn't matter what country you decide to pick. But, this also means that we are going to have to download the scenario file, so we all have it.

I NEED suggestions for this, I don't want all of the new changes to be purely "Capoesque" so any ideas are welcome ideas.

------------------

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old October 22, 2000, 21:52   #15
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, so far we have the following players:

Capo
Dimbleby
Drake
East (maybe)
JDI Falcon (Joe)

Which equals to five tribes, which means we only need TWO more to finish our game out. I am not adding much to this except for another warship, a couple new units and maybe a new tech or two.

To those four others who are in, choose your nation, keeping in mind that there are only two to a continent. My tribe will be the French. Also tell me your leader, and if it is a tribe that is not normally in the game (i.e. the Koreans) send me a city list.

The rules of the diplogame are very minor:

1) No war until 1000 bc, which probably won't happen anyway since the map is so big.

2) The tech paradigm will be at 1/3rd the normal rate, but I am going to add some units to make things more interesting.

------------------

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old October 22, 2000, 22:21   #16
easthaven

I'll be the Egyptians

Old October 23, 2000, 07:36   #17
Mr Dimbleby
King

I'll be the Americans. Leader: Abraham Dimbleby

I would also propose a 1 minute turn limit, so we can play more than two turns an hour(which it was averaging yesterday in Eurodip). Also it might be entertaining to play at Emperor/Diety level with raging hordes.

------------------
``Smart is also instinct, judgement and common sense ... You can't inspire and unite by thinking you're smarter than everyone else."

You little scumbag! I've got your name! I've
got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not
cry! You will learn by the numbers. I will
teach you. Now get up! Get on your feet! You
had best un**** yourself or I will unscrew
your head and **** down your neck!
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Mr Dimbleby (edited October 23, 2000).]</font>
Old October 23, 2000, 14:17   #18
drake
King

Isn't five people enough to start? Seven people just aren't as reliable as four or five, so lets get this show rolling at 7est on Wednesday!! I know I sound impatient.....because I am! And I don't have the hobby that Capo does to make me relax.. &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I'm out if we have to wait another week.&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
Drake will be sufficient for ruler name thanks.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by drake (edited October 23, 2000).]</font>
Old October 23, 2000, 19:55   #19
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, we start Wednesday at seven, the game is closed we are going to have two AI, the official tribes are....

Dimbleby - Ameircans
JDI "Joe" Falcon - Canadians
Drake - Mongolians
Easthaven - Egyptians
Capo - European Union
Alfred Interloper - Brazilians
Ariel Infidel - Indians

Since each country will have their actual flag, your colors will not be the same, the Canadians, for example will be red, the barbarians will be black...

There will be new units, and new techs, not so much new techs though.

1/3rd normal tech rate, emperor level. Of course on the diplomap.

We start THIS WEDNESDAY at seven, if anyone would like volunteer to be the organizor, be my guest.

------------------

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old October 24, 2000, 09:10   #20
drake
King

Beautiful! I'll be looking forward to it. A few questions first- the map we're using- is this one anyones played on before and if so I would like to see it before we start tommorow if at all possible, just to make it fair. You're hosting Capo, correct? How long is the session going to be? I suggest 4 hours. What does anyone else think??? Do you have icq capo?
Old October 24, 2000, 10:21   #21
Mr Dimbleby
King

Either Joe or I might want to be the Brazilians, otherwise we're going to run out of space in north America real quick. I am willing to do it if he doesn't want to switch.
In the event I am to be the Brazilian, you may make my leader name Tupac Dimbleby.
Old October 24, 2000, 23:04   #22
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, obvoiusly there is a problem with the Canadian/American question, as a quick solution I am going to move either the Yanks or the Canucks to Australia, and rename them accordingly. Now which one of your North American-Capitalist-Large Livin'-asspipes wanna go down under?

The map is available in the creation section of Apolyton under "I have created the largest and most detailed map of the world" scroll down a bit and there is a link I have posted for those purposes.

The terrain graphics have been changed a bit to make the map nicer to look at and more realistic as well, most of the units have a changed appearance, changed for the better that is. Alpine troops have been removed to make room for a unit called "Infantry"

Everyone has the CURRENT flag of their nation, not the monotone color they were given by Sid Meier.

The tech rate is 1/3rd the rate, I have changed the Fundy tech retardation from 50% to 70%, I am going to post the zip file in this thread, but will play test it with the Indians (who are owned by the AI) in order to gauge any problems during the game.

We start wednesday at 7 pm eastern, and I don't have ICQ so I hope that someone else can please organize this thing tommorow night. Also, we will all have to download the zip file in order for this to work out. So expect to do that.

There will be no announced winner in this game, and I have discovered how to make "screenshots" for your posts, and how to get them to show up in the thread, so if you want to know just e-mail me (NKREEFER@aol.com) and I will tell ya how. Actually I will post up some interesting screens of my game so you can see how things will look. Peace, I'm outta here.

------------------

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
Old October 25, 2000, 06:30   #23
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright here are two action screens from the game I simulated, the first is the military buildup between India and Mongolia around the bay of Bengal:

Alrighty, and the second one is the tranquil dominance of the Baltic area by the European Union:

That should give everyone an idea of the some of the changes that have been made. I also need an answer, who is being moved to Australia? Canada or America?

------------------

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by The Capo (edited October 25, 2000).]</font>