Old October 29, 2000, 19:01   #1
Matthew
Prince

Local Time: 23:09
Local Date: October 30, 2010
More cheats to be aware of
I'm posting this here because it's something to look out for. I don't know exactly how these things are done, soit probably wouldn't do any good for me to post anything about them on the Civ iii forum.

1. Double huts. I heared someone accuse someone else of this on the zone last night. I have no proof, of course, so no names will be mentioned. This is just how I found out about it. It seems that it is possible to go into a hut more than once. It may have something to do with not moving the original entering unit before moving another unit onto the same square. But I guess you can in effect reuse the hut. Does anybody know more details about this? Something to look for that one might not catch on saves without paying close attention, especially if the new hut produced something other than units upon being entered the first time.

2. Less common I'm sure, but I guess there is a way to get all the shields for a wonder back after its production has been dip raped. Something about switching production to something new, and then switching back to the dipped wonder at the right time. Probably not a common cheat, but one worth knowing if you dip rape wonder production, and the wonder is still built on the next turn.
Old October 29, 2000, 19:34   #2
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
Both of those cheats are known, but I have to admit that I don't really understand how either of them work. They seem to be a matter of skill at timing actions on one's off-turn, but I have not tried them. I'm usually far too busy just keeping my game going to mess with such things.

If they were to become somewhat detectable, though, it would be good to know how.

------------------
Proud participant in GameLeague...

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance...
Old October 29, 2000, 22:18   #3
drake
King

Local Time: 19:09
Wouldnt it be great if you didnt have to worry about cheating idiots to start with? People who can't stand to lose shouldnt engage in competetive games. Gaining the upper hand through cheating is pathetic................unfortunately, not everyone sees it that way.
Old October 30, 2000, 08:22   #4
IamSlowwHand

Ta-daaaa! We have a winner. Yes it would be excellent to either cheat proof gaame, or have classier opponents.

The hut thing I know for sure is timing, the other would appear to be, and is truer cheat than the hut.

------------------
It's In The Way That You Use It

Tuatha de Danann Tribe

Old October 30, 2000, 08:52   #5
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

They are both cheats... unworthy tricks of real players. People that resort to them must not respect their own skills at the game
Old October 30, 2000, 22:02   #6
weird god
Warlord

Local Time: 00:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
donīt waste any time on this cheat-trash just play....anyway itīs good to know how a cheat functions. if your opponent is suspicious to you simply load a save game, the hut trick is EASY TO DETECT. sometimes (itīs luck and seems to be caused by lag, the host never gets it) a hut doesnīt disappear when you move into. AS LONG THEREīS A UNIT ON THE HUT SQUARE IT WONT DISAPPEAR, THE CHEATER CAN GET A GOODIE EVERY TURN.

------------------
mankind made alcohol, god made weed.....whom do you trust?

weird god, chief of EUROPA
Old October 31, 2000, 01:24   #7
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 19:39
Hey I don't respect my skills.....are you calling me a cheater!!!

I guess I'm not that bad. And I don't cheat. I play this cool tetris game some times and people cheat there!!! I mean TETRIS!!!! Why would you cheat playing tetris!!!!!

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"The best meats' in the rump!"
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old October 31, 2000, 01:35   #8
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I learned about the wonder cheat by accident. I was doing city mangement switching between wonders when a dip sabatoged my wonder. All I got was a message that my wonder had been sabatoged, but when I clicked back to the wonder I decided to continue building, all the shields I has accumulated were still there. Being largely ignorant of the game at that point, I just dismissed the incident until I later found out what had happened. It can happen accidently, so I guess the only fair solution is to switch production to the cheapest unit available and take the loss...
Old October 31, 2000, 09:38   #9
species8474

Berzerker, the more stupid cheaters will use a different version of the cheat method to save their wonder. before the diplo sabotages it, you click on buy. they wait till it is sabotaged and then click "yes". it will cost the same money as if you still had the shields. ofcourse your opponent will not believe you can build a wonder in 1 turn if you dont have trade.

About the hut trick, it has nothing to do with timing. its a lag thing. because of lag, sometimes the hut is still visably there when you go in it and will disappear if you leave it. so simply never move a unit out of the hut and only bring new in. everytime you get a new goody. you can disband the unit then, as long as you keep 1 unit in it.

These are the better cheats of this game, but very illegal by gameleague ladder. if you are interested in cheats, check out the list of gameleague.

------------------
Woke23,

Proud member of Sayen

Old November 1, 2000, 14:21   #10
IamSlowwHand

I was just waiting to hear from Ming on things like this.
I KNEW you would feel that way.
Good form !! http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum16/HTML/000350.html

Originally posted by Ming on 10-30-2000 07:52 AM
They are both cheats... unworthy tricks of real players. People that resort to them must not respect their own skills at the game [/quote]

------------------
It's In The Way That You Use It

Tuatha de Danann Tribe
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by IamSlowwHand (edited November 01, 2000).]</font>