Old November 30, 2000, 10:58   #1
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 18:11
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Tales from the Front
Just bringing back an old tradition. Some games just don't deserve their own thread. So here is your chance to gloat, moan, or whatever you want about a game you just played.

Last night I played a game with Berzerker and Merc.
Nothing better than hearing the other two people in a game start making threats at each other early, and long before you meet either one of them... Makes for an easy game
Old December 6, 2000, 00:27   #2
Caesar the Great
Emperor

Deuling ming right now... its hell for me... I am very far behind in techs, its 850 BC and I don't even have writing! I got monarchy in 1050 BC! Not good for me...
Old December 6, 2000, 09:24   #3
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

But your assult on my Capital was a great attempt.
I'll bet you were surprised when you DIDN'T take it
My vet crusader taking out a stack of 6 units probably didn't help your chances

It was fun... thanks for the game!
Old December 6, 2000, 11:21   #4
Mercantile
Settler

Local Time: 23:11
You know what Ming, you took every %$#%$#@% wonder and just when i was to build Leos, and steal your thunder the game ends. Man i even borrowed 300g from berzerker
Old December 7, 2000, 09:25   #5
Ming
lifer
Retired

Well merc... that would be the only way you would have gotten it.

And Caesar the Great, hopefully we can continue sometime this weekend.
Old December 7, 2000, 11:27   #6
Mercantile
Settler

actually tech wise, i was ahead of you still, but you took all the good wonders from both of us. I went for an early kill on berz and went the wrong way towards his cap, mind you by the time i would have gotten there, he had archers, making my non units obsolete. The window of opportunity is always so slim in MP.
Old December 7, 2000, 15:26   #7
Ming
lifer
Retired

Merc...
I question your supposed science lead. I was a turn away from invention, and I'm sure I had more total sciences than you. I'll also bet I was getting them faster than you. I was really starting to crank them out.
Old December 7, 2000, 21:38   #8
Mercantile
Settler

Well if i remember correctly and i could be mistaken, you were researching engineering when i established an embassy and we ended for the night. If not, you had one turn before i rush bought it and unless your dips were coming and i didn't see any, i think i would have got it. However, i could be wrong Really all i wanted to do was beat you too it That would have been victory enough, you HAD EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!! I think you may have even said "sh!t under your breath had i built it, oh well heres to hoping I missed you last night, but i was sick as a dog anyways
Old December 10, 2000, 02:08   #9
Caesar the Great
Emperor

Yeah, I was hoping that you only had at most 1 crusader available for attacking my units... unfortunately you had 3... so that pretty much screwed me over... i was actually trying to find a sea route to dale, but there wasn't one i'd like to finish it sometime... i'm dueling merc at 6:30 EST tommorrow... if you're free early afternoon we can finish... if not, maybe sometime during the week...

although you did learn from last time and didn't build your capital on easily accessible terrain... well i'm working on two new strategies, which will be interesting tests from my standard, ICS, ICS, ICS, ICS warmonger strategy... as a matter of fact, these strategies were made to kill eachother...
Old December 11, 2000, 09:54   #10
Ming
lifer
Retired

Hey CtG and Merc, How did the duels go last night.
I got stuck doing a lot of chores, and was never able to check back to see how the game going. Let me know