Old April 5, 2001, 13:20   #1
klesh
King

Local Time: 03:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
CC5: Invasion Normandy Tech Help
Hello fellas,

I've had the 5th installment to the CC series for quite some time now. Recently I started up the Grand Campaign and have been playing it with much enjoyment. However, the last time I tried I had major problems... Here's the story.

The intro videos at the very start of the game, before you even get to the main menu, they did not play, and an error message cam up informing me of that. Then, the game froze (or at least didn't keep going) so I couldn't even get to the main menu to play the game.

I figured something was wrong, so I used an explorer to go in and snag my .sav file for my campaign and then proceeded to uninstall the game. Now, here's the big problem. As I tried to re-install, a window popped up asking for "data005.cab", because it could not find it on the disk. It asked me to insert disk 0, or browse my system for it. I used this program I have to look back into past moments in time at my harddrive, but there was ni history of "dataoo5.cab being there at all. There was a data003.cab, and I saw that load up during the re-install.
So basically, the re-install gets interupted, so I have no CC5 now. That sucks.

"Data003.cab" was a zip file, so could one of you perhaps explore your CC5 disks and send me "data005.cab"? Let me know first to see if that is the exact name of the missing file.

My only concern is that "data005" won't be the only missing file. I have no way of telling because the re-install won't progress without data005.

Thanks for any help,

FMK
Old April 6, 2001, 14:59   #2
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:17
Local Date: October 30, 2010
If you bought the game in a store then the CD is most likely corrupt. Return it for a replacement. If the store won't help you the manufacturer should. If this is a warez version you're on your own.

John-SJ
Old April 6, 2001, 16:28   #3
klesh
King

Local Time: 03:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Naw, it is a real deal version, but I certainlydo not have any of the documentation from where I bought it. About all I have is the manual, but maybee I can call tha company and talk to then. Thanks alot my man.
FMK
Old April 6, 2001, 16:42   #4
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:17
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Sure, try Customer Support from the manual.

BTW, glad to hear you bought the game, good man!

John-SJ