Old April 30, 2001, 03:53   #1
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 00:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
fallout: tactics
anybody playing this game?

maybe a little too easy. but I'm a wimp and reload too much. I'm like a junkie. this is why I never complained about the lack of a save game in diablo2.

IMHO all games should have no save feature whatsover Now I know I can play hardcore in fallout: tactics (they call it something else). I will do this my next game- it gets double the experience.

I don't know why I'm creating this thread. I'm having no trouble with it. It's fairly fun, but not as challenging as commandos (which I couldn't beat ). sometimes a bit tedious- but I love the fallout world- this is why I like it. I like to play with guns. but i love using hth, meleee, and grenades (never used much in in fallout1 and 2)

but if anybody plays I would like to know what weapons you like and such. I'm not looking for cheats (I noticed they already have these at gamespot). why cheat for such an easy game? I just want to cheat at commandos so I can beat it but I just can't get the timing down right

------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell; and spirituality is for people like me who have been there.

You're only young once, but you can stay immature indefinately.

"These are the cries of the carrots!" You see, Reverend Dissident, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."
"Let the rabbits wear glasses!"
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........
This is necessary.
[This message has been edited by Dissident (edited April 30, 2001).]
Old May 2, 2001, 00:24   #2
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 08:19
I bought it, like you, for the Fallout atmosphere that made the two RPG's excellent games despite some bug problems. I am enjoying it but there are little frustrations which break the atmosphere. You end up firing weapons that can explode or vaporise powerful creatures or vehicles instantly but are incapable of dislodging a sandbag or blowing a hole in a chain link fence. These same fences and barracades cannot be climbed, crawled under or pushed. That removes all tactical options about taking routes not already programmed into the game map. Even worse, some obstructions like sandbag barricades can sometimes block the fire of some characters kneeling behind it yet allow others. Often the female PCs can fire over obstacles the male PCs cannot. Duh!! Fun for its opportunity to immerse myself in more post-apocalyptic combat with mutants and other weirdo's. It is hard to resist the temptation to stomp around the wasteland in Mark II Power Armor once more
Old May 2, 2001, 00:57   #3
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 00:19
yeah some of the map innaccuracy's are annoying. Mainly shooting through floors.

not worth $50, but it is a fun game to mess around with.