Old December 20, 2000, 01:09   #1
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 23:12
Local Date: October 30, 2010
The Diplogame Part Deux....
Alright, this has been the worst two weeks of diplogame organization I have ever seen. Its very simple, who wants to play in a Diplogame?
Thats it, if you want to play in a Diplogame respond in this thread, I don't care how many you have played in, I don't care how good you are, I don't care what your handle is, I don't care who you are.

I am starting a Diplogame and I need some players. The goal is to have a fun diplogame with a good atmosphere which means no complaining about stupid stuff, so you have to understand the following:

We will play on a World Map (map of the Earth) with NO random spots.

There will be no SDI in this game so we can have some fun with nukes and so that the idea that everyone could be destroyed by some ***** with nukes is a factor in this diplogame, which adds fun to it.

City bribing and all other aspects of Civilization are in the game, there are no changes to the rules in that respect.

There may be the addition of a few new units and changes on current movements like the amount of spaces they can move.
Alright well so far those are the parameters, they will definantly change but for now thats it. So if you wanna play in a fun diplogame with people that play for fun and not for a "reputation" then this is where you should be.

Peace.
Old December 20, 2000, 12:05   #2
drake
King

Local Time: 19:12
We need to increase ship movement and as some have done in their games, increase the amount of time the Oracle is effective. Theology comes way too early in most cases. I've seen a lot of game where it is rendered useless before it's even built (such as the Monday Night Game). It requires a greater investment of resources than hanging gardens, but is cancelled a lot quicker. This should be changed. And depending on what size map we're playing on, perhaps the cost of settlers and engineers should be increased, so there isn't such a huge spike in growth so quickly as it has in our game.

Will we be using Ozzys map? It's the right dimensions and looks really good. 2x production?

If this is to develop, I think I would like to play as the Incas, Amazonians (or whatever they're called).....somebody in South America. Got some good ideas for such a civ....and I need to get some new scenery....I'm in Asia in both the games I am currently playing.......

------------------
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Old December 20, 2000, 18:54   #3
GNGSpam
Warlord

I agree, early ships should move faster. Lets not change to much though, the game is pretty balanced as is.

Personnally im going to be Russia, more then likely, possibly Babylon.
Old December 20, 2000, 20:23   #4
ml_4da3
Warlord

Local Time: 00:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I would also like to join this game!!.. As long as it is played at a reasonably time.. (i dont want 2 games on the night, with school the day after).. But if that cant be arranged, then i probably cant join this game.. ..Btw. We are still going to finnish our current game, right?
Old December 22, 2000, 21:24   #5
belinda9
Warlord

Local Time: 17:12
ME! ME! I wanna play!
Whatever y'all want, but....let's not change too many things, ok?
Capo, you got my ICQ and email if I ain't on the forums enough and y'all ready to start.Let me know.
Old December 22, 2000, 21:40   #6
SunTzu
Prince

Capo you know i'd like to play Contact me on ICQ.
Peace!
Old December 23, 2000, 12:08   #7
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, a little update action, the first thing is we have been getting a great response for this game, and its really cool.

The second is that we have around five people that I know are going to play and have already given me their tribe....

Sun Tzu - China?
Chris - Russia
Me - Romans
Joe - Brazilians/Americans?
Drake - Incans

I am not really even sure if that is entirely accurate, but I have recieved minor okays from the following people that I am not sure about yet...

Belinda9
Easthaven
Clay Pigeon
Curomber Endelil (sp?)
Magnus

That is the status right now, I want to get this cleared up before the next semester starts (January 22nd for me) so we can start at least a week beforehand to set the stage.

I probably mistyped a few peices of info as far as the tribes go, so if you could respond and clear that up it would be cool of you. Also, I think we are going ot need another Asian tribe, so if someone could be a country like Mongolia, India, Persia, Babylon or something of that nature (and you can choose any tribe in human history or make one up yourself as long as I okay it and you tell me where you want to generally start from).

One last note; Europe is taken. No more European civs.
Old December 23, 2000, 17:03   #8
SunTzu
Prince

Well I'd like to be the chinese, but i've been told they're already taken The Egyptians are what i'll be since i can't have china
peace!
Old December 24, 2000, 02:12   #9
The Capo
DiploGames
King

LOL did you even read what I wrote? YOU ARE THE CHINESE!!!!!!
Old December 24, 2000, 05:55   #10
belinda9
Warlord

Local Time: 17:12
Why am I a maybe? ME! ME! I wanna play! isn't a definite enough answer for y'all? lol.
Gimme an African civ (whatever you want to call it)
Old December 24, 2000, 10:20   #11
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, well I don't want to give you whatever I want, so its realy up to you though... But I am thinking the Mali or Songhai if anyone is familiar with that tribe?

But you can be anyone you want, I don't want to force them on you, ya know?

And you were not a MAYBE you were in that category (belinda) because I didn't know what tribe you wanted to be, not because I didn't think you would play.
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by The Capo (edited December 24, 2000).]</font>
Old December 24, 2000, 22:36   #12
ml_4da3
Warlord

Local Time: 00:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I can be (if i am still "allowed" to join) the persians, or some african nation.

(i am rather an african nation than the persians, but IF some african nation is taken, i would like to be the persians.)
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by ml_4da3 (edited December 24, 2000).]</font>
Old December 26, 2000, 10:48   #13
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 19:12
**** you Capo