Old January 16, 2001, 20:15   #1
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: October 30, 2010
The History of the World . . . .
This is the thread for the Diplogame played on Wednesdays at 8pm.

The players are as follows....

Capo - Romans
Chris - Russians
Joe - Americans
Mika - Indians
Sun Tzu - Chinese
Aburtt - Aztecs
Nap - Zulus

We are playing on the world map created by OzzyKP.

Let the games begin...
Old January 16, 2001, 20:16   #2
GNGSpam
Warlord

---------------------------------------------
This is a story of the Russian origins, and indeed, the Roman origins. Originally, collectivly a tribe on the Ukrainian Plain, known ethinically as the Dorians, the tribe was pushed north by various factors. Overpopulation, influx of the European Goths, but the reason stated to the tribe was the vision of an Elder Mystic, a figure central to Dorian religion. In this tribe, two key figures exist, Romulus and Moscuv. Romulus was a cold, calculating man, and a natrual leader by word. Moscuv was a passionate, fierce warrior, and a natrual leader by action. Both held the destinies of future world powers in their hands.

<Further note: Romulus is the founder of Rome, both in this game, and in real historical mythology. Moscuv however, is fictional, madeup for this game only, and does not exist in real mythology/history.>
---------------------------------------------
"Arrrrggghhhh!"

Moscuv turned around just in time to parry the thrust. The Goth spun around, but just to late. Moscuv's spiked club crashed into the Goths back. He heard a snap as the Goth fell to the ground and withered in pain. He would not get back up.

Moscuv turned around. All around, men's skulls cracked and bodies impaled. The Goths, for all their ferocity and numbers, were outmatched by the superior skill and technology of the Dorians. Carrying Spears, that is long thick wooden shafts tipped with a pointed stone or Clubs spiked with stone, they had held the Goths at bay.

Behind him Romulus continued to yell out orders. "Spearmen, step back! STEP BACK! Moscuv, continue to roll their side!" Moscuvs attention switched back. Work still to be done.

"COME ON MEN! RRRRAAAAGGGGHHHH" With a cry Moscuvs group of clubbers smashed forward, crushing the side of the Goths.

Moscuv immediately swung his club at the Goth in front of him. The mans eye was crushed and he fell to the ground clutching his head. Moscuv raised and swung the deathblow. Blood came flying from the left, a piece of skull feel on Moscuvs lip. He licked it, and turned.

A very large Goth, wearing an impressive skin came smashing through. A large stone at the end of a massive wooden shaft was being swung. He glared at Moscuv. He charged.

Moscuv quickly brought his wooden shield up to receive the blow. The hammer crashed through the shield and hit Moscuvs arm. He heard a crack, but he felt nothing. He brought his spiked club to the side of the Goths head, and delivered his most powerful blow. The Goth smiled and Moscuv groaned. Moscuv ducked the Goths next blow, and brought his club up to smash the lower jaw of the Goth. His mouth was bleeding now. If it bleeds, I can kill it Moscuv thought. Moscuv immediately took a step back, and then another, avoiding two wild swings by the Goth. The Goth charged again. Moscuv stepped to the side, and tripped the Goth. As he feel to the ground Moscuv stepped over his back, and raised his club and screamed in rage....

With the Chieftain dead, the Goths immediately began to run away. Moscuv quickly regained his composure and began to grab as many men as he could to pursue. This would be a most memorable victory. As he began to turn to charge after them, an arm held him back.

"No, we will hit them with the slings and then rest here tonight" It was Romulus.

Moscuv was appalled, Romulus wished to deny him battle? To fight with "slings" instead of pursue? To rest and not fight?

"But Romulus! We let them escape we simply promise them another opportunity in the future!"

Romulus shoke his head, already the Spearmen had dropped their Spears and were slinging rocks at the Goths. A couple Goths dropped, stones implanted in the backs of their heads, most, however, disappeared off into the mist....

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by GNGSpam (edited January 16, 2001).]</font>
Old January 16, 2001, 20:32   #3
GNGSpam
Warlord

It had been a week since the Gothic attack and Moscuv was restless. The Elder Mystic had lead them to these wintry northlands, and Moscuv had obediently followed. Now he wondered if this possibly could be where they were lead…even if that is what the mystics had said.

Moscuv shook his head, such a silly thought, to question the Eld….

Suddenly, “Brothers! Come round!” It was Romulus, no surprise; the bloody fool had always been a bit of a grandstander. “Last night, I had a vision!”

A collective gasp. Moscuv looked a little stunned. Visions were supposedly reserved for the Elder Mystic’s. That was why religion had been central to their society, for it was the Elders who guided them…. now Romulus claimed to have one?

“The Great Spirit appeared to me in a wind, and whispered in my ears. A great Eagle souring overhead, leading to the Southwest, THERE we must go!”

People began to shout, “what of the Goths?” “Are we not to settle here?” “Why should we believe you!”? Moscuv could feel the crowd turning against Romulus, however, if Romulus knew it, he didn’t act like it.

“The Goths yes, live there, and yes, it is time for us to push them out! This northern fantasy is nothing more! It is on the plains and forest to the South and West that we will find our homes!”

A collective grumble from the crowd, has Romulus lost his mind? Just then…overheard

An Eagle

Headed Southwest

The tribe was in awe.

Romulus seized the moment “There! You see! I tell you, it is our destiny!”

Shouts began again, some denouncing Romulus, many praising his leadership. Moscuv, stood confused.

That night Romulus came to him. “Moscuv, do you go with me? Half the tribe is ready, and we leave tonight, I would not be opposed to having you with me on this journey.”

Moscuv, tired, looked to Romulus. “I have marched and fought for many months, I don’t wish to fight again. The religion of my father, my father’s father, and his father too says this is our land, this is our homeland. Here I will stay.”

Romulus looked surprised; briefly, quickly his eyes hardened though “very well, I bid you goodbye” and walked off. Moscuv started to rise to stop him, then stopped himself…perhaps it was best this way.

Romulus kept walking that night, as his followers wandered off into the inky blackness. And Moscuv felt alone for the first time in his life….
Old January 25, 2001, 14:32   #4
GNGSpam
Warlord

These were good posts too =((((((((((((((((((((((((((