Old April 30, 1999, 17:37   #1
tfs99
Warlord

Local Time: 00:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
May Madness News Network (M2N2)
The eight first round match pairings have been finalized and are available in another thread:

apolyton.net/forums/Forum27/HTML/000005.html

Don't touch that browser ... stay tuned to M2N2 for narrative updates in the First Official SMAC Tournament on Earth!

Brought to you by Slartibartfast Services. When you need a custom multiplayer map, scenario or human (i.e., thoughtful) acceleration, think Slartibartfast.

SMAC n ... Ted S.

[This message has been edited by tfs99 (edited April 30, 1999).]
Old April 30, 1999, 17:57   #2
Goob
Warlord

Local Time: 07:39
ted, Aredhran and I are looking for "toughtful accelerated" map creation. I know you are busy but maybe....

I have even thought of turning to the Time Warp . For shame...

Save me Ted!!!

Goob
Old May 4, 1999, 01:08   #3
CaptComal
Settler

Rong (Gaian) vs CaptComal (Hive) Commentary
===========================================

DAY ONE (46 turns)

Well it was a hard road so far for the Comalite Hive. We had to start with NO FREE TECH. But did we let a little thing like that stop us? No way. The HIVE is strong.

The Hive's Human Opponent (Lord Rong of the Gaian Empire) tried to pull a fast one and called the Council Meeting! (strange since neither he nor I were candidates for Governor ... the AI is whooping us) He (Lord Rong) tried to get Santiago elected Governor ... CaptComal held back on his vote ... and then he saw the opportunity ... Yes ... Santiago was just 4 votes ahead of LAL ... CaptComal voted his 4 votes for LAL and STALEMATE ... there was no Governor elected!!! Comalite Hivers were rejoicing in the streets while the Tree Huggers left the Council in shock.

But wait, there's more!

The Comalite Hive had a trick up their sleeve. They saved up all three artifacts they found and did not cash them in for a free tech ... instead they waited patiently until the right moment ... yes! The Weather Paradigm secret project was underway ... move the artifacts into that city and contribute towards the project! Surprise surprise! The HIVE has the first project in the game!

At this point the game was saved and complaints registered with the Master of all Scenarios (politely of course). A request was made to have the SAVE game file edited to add the free tech that was inadvertantly omitted ... alas, MP Scenarios cannot be edited (hey ...why not ... that would be a cool way to create scenarios ... play a game a bit ... then edit the results to what you want (tweak it)...)

Best Regards,

Capt "no longer in last place" Comal
Old May 4, 1999, 01:26   #4
CaptComal
Settler

Lord Rong (Gaian) vs CaptComal (Hive)
=====================================

**** We interrupt this commentary for a News Flash***

Lest anyone misunderstand my commentary, please note that back in the good old Warcraft 2 days I used to lose at least 75% of my MP games ... however, I always had lots of fun anyway. In my current game, Lord Rong is obviously a better player and is ahead in every single game statistic but one ... but I did pull a fast one on him twice now, so I have to bask in that glory before he squashes me like a bug.

**** We now return you to the totally unbiased commentary on our game:

DAY TWO (42 turns in 4 hours ... up to 2188)

Lord Rong tried calling the council again ... this time the vote was either for him or for Santiago (Spartan). It was a hard choice, but the HIVE knew how it must cast its vote. The first Governor of Planet was Santiago.

Lord Rong patiently waited till later in the game and called the Council again in an attempt to become Governor. But the Hive had been secretly at work in the prior few turns working on the University and Morgan (did anyone say "bribe"). But the Hive was afraid to call the council because they thought that Santiago would vote for Lord Rong ... and it was better to leave Santiago the Governor till the votes were clinched. The turn just before Lord Rong called the council, Morgan renounced his PACT with the Hive ... some silly misunderstanding about the Hive's Government style! Shoot, there goes his vote! So, it was a real shocker to see that CALL COUNCIL screen pop up!!!

Lord Rong was brave enough to try calling the Council for the third time (Third Time's a charm, you know). However, CaptComal was lucky and the University voted for him ... and Santiago abstained. It was a close vote, but by 4 votes Planet had a new Governor!!

But don't let this fool you ... Lord Rong is way out ahead of the pack in this game ... GovComal (formerly CaptComal) is scrapping in the dust! Lord Rong is the best in every single category in the Stats except one!!! The Hive is not even mentioned in the stats! (of course the Hive has an excellent excuse ... they didn't get their Police State when the game started)

The game is set to continue Tuesday Night.

[This message has been edited by CaptComal (edited May 04, 1999).]
Old May 4, 1999, 02:54   #5
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 02:39
*****Spartan Information Ministry****
****Verifying Uplink****
***Begin Transmission***
**U.N. Report on Human Rights**
**U.N. Report on Weapon Proliforation**
**U.N. Report on Warcrimes**
-Colonel Santiago, U.N. Planetary Govenor
Head of the Spartan Free State

Since arriving on Planet, the Spartan Free State has been monitoring suspected Human Rights abuses. Our intelligence network has also been monitoring the vast Proliforation of arms and advanced weaponry on Planet. Furthermore there have been many as of yet unconfirmed rumors of factional cleansing perpertrated by forces loyal to Lady Nell.

The Spartan Free State, although not engaging in the massive arms build on Planet as all of the other factions have, has deployed our troops in a wide varitey of peace keeping missions across Planet. Although the Spartan Free State's Armed Forces are small compared to the huge armies maintained by the Gaians and the University, they are highly motivated to ensure that freedom's eternal flame never dies. In the past 70 years on planet the Spartan Free State's armed forces have grown from a handful of volunteers protecting Spartan citizens from the voracious mind worms that began constant attacks on our settelments shortly after Planetfall. The Spartan armed forces have matured into a dedicated peaceing keeping force. Proud of the fact that only the Spartan Free State has banned weapons research, and has instead dedicated it's time and effort to improving the quality of life for all those on Planet.

The Spartan soldier, is a glorious and proud youth who only seeks to help those around him. Carrying the standard issue 7.62 U.N. issue handgun the Spartan soldier is tough but compassionate. There are reports of so called "Chaos Weapons" being deployed by other forces, there is widespread speculation in the Spartan scientific community, that these weapons are roughly 8 to ten times as power as the Spartan armed forces hand guns. An anonymous corporal was questioned about this huge disparity in arms and he gave this simple responce "The reason we only use basic handguns is the fact that we are not an offensive army. There *****(note: all referances to the size of the Spartan armed force are classifed) divisions spread around our continant, and all of these legions are strictly for defense. Also we have been deployed to help our neighbors when they have been in trouble. The reason that other factions have deployed such destructive weapons is clearly a sign of their governments agressive totalitarian agenda's."
When questioned about the unconfirmed factional cleansing perpertrated by the Gaians his only words were "tragic".

The Spartan Armed forces have been deployed on variou aid missions. The first of these was shortly after the Morgan Liberation Front started a revolution in Morgan Territory. Gaian covert operatives had initiated a coup in the Morgan High Command. CEO Morgan was locked away in his executive residence. The gaian backed military junta issued a statement that CEO Morgan was suffering from heart problems and had given them exectuive authority. Shortly after the Spartan Explorer Corps conntacted them, the scouts were surrounded and massacred, without even a formal declaration of war before the attack. Shortly thereafter the Morgan junta and it's Gaian backers declared war on the Spartan Free State. Freedom loving Morgan citizens banded togther in the Morgan liberation Front and launched a revolution that toppled this evil Gaian backed dictatorship. CEO Morgan onced freed set the record straight and normalizeed relations with the Spartan Free State. However, once the revolution was over Lady Nell declared war on the Morgans. Some rumors persist that Spartan soldiers helped in the revolution, and although these rumors make the Spartans out to be heroic soldiers, they are false. Spartan peace keepers arrived at Morgan industries only after Morgan requested aid in fending off a Gaian offensive. Spartans soldiers have not, and will never engage in any acts of aggresion on other factions. This goes against the very essence of the peace loving Spartan soul.

Shortly after declaring war on Morgan, Lady Nell's foces moved against the Believers and the Hive. We've had no contact with the believers in fouty years. Every year the evidence mounts that Gaian forces ruthlessly slaughtered thousands of believers and obiltorated their cities. The believers who were only trying to establish a new home for their faith on Planet have all become maryters for it. Less than two years after permantly losing contact with the believers Gaians ruthlessly used their latest bioweapons, trained mindworms to enslave the people of the hive. Human rights monitors report that The Hive is nothing more than a concentration camp, where the gaians use hive citizens as forced labor to feed their ever growing war machine.

The Spartan Free State came into contact with Brother Lal and his exiled U.N. aid workers not long after the tragedy of the beleivers. Our causes were the same, every person on Planet should live a free life safe from aggression, and the Spartan Free State signed a Pact with Brother Lal immeadiatly. The Gaian war machine heard of this Pact and once again declared war on a peace loving people.

All the while University reserchers were proceeding with a massive weapons research program, backed by the gaians, they flaunted every U.N. convention that existed. Whenever the gaians declared war the depraved unversity followed them. Both hungering for world domination, however the evil scientist of the unversity have been betrayed by the gaian war criminals. The Gaians launched a massive offensive across their entire border with the university. Our intelligence agency is monitoring this war and hope both sides start to honor the U.N. declaration of a nonmilitarized Planet.

Spartan life is simple, and every good Spartan enjoys life on the Bay of Biggun and only wishes for a peaceful Planet. This is why we must ask the Gaians an the University to disarm, like we already have. We also must request that more information about possible gaian war criminals be brought out into the open. Fianally, we would like information on the whereabouts of Chairman Yang, reports are that he was tortured and executed. The concentration camp at The Hive should be closed and all Hive citizens should be freed. These are conditons we will strive for.

Colonel Santiago, Spartan Free State
Old May 4, 1999, 02:59   #6
cousLee
Prince

Pawnie posted May 02, 1999 21:21
I'm glad to say cousLee and me (after some email exchanges) finally found each other online at the same time and started our
match ! After about 3 1/2 hours of play the game now is going farely well for both of us (even if he did the first and only project for now ;o( ).
cousLee posted May 03, 1999 04:54
yes, after wielding the AIs like a Gideon, and a brief taste of supremacy, the game has begun to take interesting paths. Dear Miriam has tasted the fungus, and despite that she can no longer blink, will relentlessly persue the honored position of.........cup holder.

Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
Joshua 1:7 Complete Bible, Datalinks.
Pawnie posted May 03, 1999 10:22
Sorry dear Sister but this New World simply isn't big enough for everyone ... After a sad execution error from one of my scientists you went Governor for a some time, but in the end the total knowledge will be widespread by the University !
hehe
cousLee posted May 03, 1999 15:58
Your "knowledge" is nothing more than blasephmous garbage! The good lord has appointed Miriam to instruct the followers to take out the trash.
-----------------
(having a hard time playing a character role that contradicts personal beliefs) I Love the Lord with all my heart, please don't take any "role/story" comments wrong. disclaimer finished.
whew, messages copied.
Old May 4, 1999, 16:07   #7
Nell_Smith
Chieftain

================================================== ===============
PRESS RELEASE
Timeline: M.Y.2172
Issued by: Gaian Chief Public Relations Officer, Gaia's Landing
================================================== ===============

We are moved to comment on recent scandalous statements emanating from the office of our alleged new Planetary Governor, the self-styled head of the Spartan "Free" State, Colonel Santiago.

Contrary to all rumours, we Gaians stand for nothing but peace and harmony, and if we have found it desirable to spread our light and friendship throughout other factions, then this can only be to the benefit of any citizens lucky enough to be embraced by our philosophy. Any concerned member of the Planetary Council is welcome to inspect any of our bases, such is our desire to show the whole of Planet how wonderful life is under our glorious leader, the charming and peace-loving Lady Nell. There have been suggestions that a few citizens of other factions, while attempting to accept this generous invitation, were set upon and killed by our touchingly loyal pet mindworms. This is regrettable, but anyone thinking of visiting us in the future must realise that we really can't control what these creatures will do when faced with non-Gaian, and therefore probably hostile (not to mention inferior, aggressive and quite probably unwashed) human beings... we cannot blame the creatures for, well, over-reacting slightly. Future visitors must be aware that, notwithstanding our invitation, they run a serious risk of being accidentally killed in this manner. You have been warned.

Relations between ourselves and our good friends the University of Planet have sadly deteriorated, although we must emphasise that this has nothing to do with our recent envoys, whom we sent to University Base with the best of intentions, but who were inexplicably mistaken for some kind of espionage team. Provost Zakharov's very rude response to our envoys' overtures simply invited our counter-response, which has been to offer some of his bases the chance to join the growing Gaian fold, an offer which they have gladly accepted. We welcome them with open arms.

We are sad to hear that CEO Morgan and Brother Lal have been not only so spineless as to be influenced by Colonel Santiago, but have even sunk so low as to lie about Gaian aggression towards them. It came as a terrible shock to our peaceful leader to hear that her former allies, Morgan and Lal, had both inexplicably declared Vendetta against our noble Gaian empire, without any apparent cause. We can only assume malicious Spartan influence, particularly as Brother Lal has recently taken the wholly uncharacteristic step of voting for Colonel Santiago in the elections for Planetary Governor. We detect strong evidence of bribery, corruption and vote-rigging, and invite Colonel Santiago to answer to these charges before we Gaians will recognise any Spartan claim to true Planetary Governorship. Prior to our good allies' sudden switch of allegiance, both Lal and Morgan had beseeched us for help against Spartan aggression. We have the Commlink transcripts and will produce them in any court of law if required. If Brother Lal or CEO Morgan would answer our friendly Commlink broadcasts, we would find out the truth of the matter, but for now we have our strong suspicions, and believe that the unfortunate Morgan may even be vilely enslaved by the Spartan warmongers.

It has come to our attention that the good Lady Nell's reputation amongst the other factions can only be described as "wicked". This is a disgraceful slur on the character of a wise and benevolent leader, and can only be the work of dissatisfied elements within certain sectors of our society, whom we are now in the process of re-educating. To counter this vicious libel, I am authorised to reproduce below a genuine extract from Lady Nell's own personal diary. Nobody could possibly ask for any further proof of our great leader's charity, benevolence and goodwill towards all men.

Extract from the personal diaries of Lady Nell of the Gaians, M.Y. 2172

I'm getting rather worried about my dear friend Yang. For some reason he
simply can't see the benefits of life in our happy, freedom-loving
society... and he still keeps muttering about it being everyone's duty,
particularly mine, apparently, to "go into the Recycling Tanks and become
one with the people". The funny thing is that he doesn't seem to realise
that I'm not dead yet. How strange that the poor dear should still be so
upset about my kind liberation of his Hive base! I couldn't believe the
conditions there... so little freedom, so much hard work! I still can't
understand why his people weren't more pleased to see me. Oh well. Some
people just don't appreciate the finer things in life, I guess... perhaps
it would help the good ex-Chairman if I were to step up his programme of
lectures? He isn't responding very well to the "Why Hard Work Is Less Fun
Than Tree Hugging" programme, so maybe I should start him on the "101
Things To Do With A Dead Communist" series instead. I'll have my guards, I
mean educators, look into it.

Sister Miriam's proving to be even less responsive. It was really
unfortunate that she fell down the stairs in her secure habitation complex
yesterday, but even that doesn't seem to have encouraged her to abandon her
constant insistence that God is about to smite me, for some inexplicable
reason! Even now that she's fallen down the same staircase 17 times, she
still seems to feel the urge to keep telling me to "watch out for lightning
bolts". Really, the good Sister will have to be more careful negotiating
those stairs! At least her followers are proving to be useful citizens,
now that they've accepted that even God can't help them to move back into
bases that no longer exist...

Lady Nell - personal diary entry, M.Y. 2172

Old May 4, 1999, 20:51   #8
CaptComal
Settler

Just a quick update on our Tourney Game:

Lord Rong has single handedly cleansed Planet of the Believers (is "cleansed" the right word here?) In addition to reducing the factions down to 6, he also occupied their former Headquarters City. He now has more cities than the Hive and PeaceKeepers combined (based on the Hive view of Planet - which is not complete yet).

CaptComal, on behalf of all the hardworking Hive citizens, is contemplating asking Lord Rong to donate a city or two towards the Hive Cause. This seems to be a reasonable offer ... we shall see what becomes of it tonight.

(game resumes in less than one hour).

------------------
Best Regards,
CaptComal
Old May 4, 1999, 21:15   #9
cousLee
Prince

NEWS REPORT!!!

Due to a faulty artillery shell, a road was destroyed just outside of a Hive base by the attacking Believer Navy. The shell killed 1 excaping farmer, and injured several others. The loss of life is regrettable, and compensation to the family living in the now converted base is being persued. A lawsuit has been filed against Morgan Weapons et.al for marketing known faulty products. Sister Miriam has assured the new converts increased testing of the munitions will help prevent further tragedy of this type.

Sister Miriam has also stated the remaining Hive bases will be liberated very soon.
Chairman Yang was spotted fleeing to his last strong hold in an old rover. They had removed the rubber from the wheels and welded spikes around the center of the rim, to gain better traction in the dense fungus blocking his excape route.
Lady Dierdre declared vendetta on the Chairman for this act of ecological destruction. She stated you could see the tracks ripped in the fungus from several Kilometers away. This was confirmend by Sister Miriam and her photographers, who sent the photographic evidence of this destruction to Ms. Skye via special carrier.

A new area has been discovered by the Believer Exploration Corp, which contained several remnants from the Unity. The final report on this discovery is currently being examined, and a comprehensive summary will be sent to the leaders who have proven that such information will not be abused.

[This message has been edited by cousLee (edited May 04, 1999).]
Old May 5, 1999, 00:08   #10
Rong
Chieftain

DECLASSIFIED GAIAN BATTLE LOG

Mission Year 2197

The following transmission was intercepted on University frequency:

"This is Nauk Science Center reporting to University Base:

Current production Gatling Infantry in progress...

Network Node running in full load...

Nutrient sufficient...

Energy reserve adequate...

What the @#$%! University Base, this is Nauk Science Center. Large boils of mindworm sighted! Repeat, large boils of mindworm sighted!

Wait a minute... They are controlled by HUMANS?! Humans in green uniforms!

Arrh! May day! May day! University Base, we are under attack! Under attack! Send reinforcement!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!

(white noise)

END OF LOG

[This message has been edited by Rong (edited May 05, 1999).]
Old May 5, 1999, 02:02   #11
CaptComal
Settler

SIM TURN style play ... now at 2198 (took over 2 hours to play 10 turns)

The HIVE citizenry may be happy (at least not droney) ... but they want to know the answer to this burning question:

"What good is being Governor of Planet when another faction (won't mention names here, but green seems to be their color) has Air Power and nobody else on Planet is even close to starting its research?"

Our stock answer "Ah, but we have our Police State" is not holding water!

The HIVE is gearing up ... preparing to be swarmed! But the Comalite Hive will not cave in easily. Lord Rong must be stopped ... and an underground movement has begun to foil his devious plans.

Comal Out

------------------
Best Regards,
CaptComal
Old May 5, 1999, 21:17   #12
cousLee
Prince

The Chairman Yang has seen the light! Once realising the the Lord's way is the only way, volunteered to help the Lord's cause. He was assigned a supervisory position in the Believer Mine fields. Unfortunatly, because of his inexperience, caused a collapse of one of the shafts. All workers managed to excape, but Brother Yang was flattened by falling debri. his body was placed in the tanks at The Hive, as we all knoew he would have wanted it that way.

The Lord has provided for our needs, solar flares have tripled energy output planet wide for the next year! Sister Miriam stated the defeat of evil made possible by brother's Yang's conversion made this blessing possible. The remaining inhabitants of Planet are expected to convert anyday now.
Old May 8, 1999, 02:25   #13
cousLee
Prince

The United Armed Forces of Chiron, lead by General cousLee have crushed the resistance formerly know as the Peacekeepers. In a combined effort with Lady Dierdre, the last bases that were brutually controlled by the madman Lal, were liberated earlier today. Realizing his rogue band of followers had been defeated, Pravin Lal comminted suicide.

CEO Morgan has donated one of his bases for the refugees.
Old May 8, 1999, 17:29   #14
cousLee
Prince

REVIVAL SWEEPS PLANET. A massive revival took place, and all people of Planet realized Miriam had been correct all along. All weapons were converted for use in making Planet a habital place. The only exception was the Empath weapons issued to the National Guardian Force, to protect the farmers and workers from the native life forms.

Old May 9, 1999, 05:53   #15
Phil_E
Settler

DAYS 1 and 2 ; Phil_E (Spartans) vs Heavy_Pressure (Gaians)

The Spartans have had a slow start on day 1 where 18 turns were played, nothing of any great event occuring.

On day 2 however things picked up. A second base was formed, consilidating the Spartan position, although the two scouts died from the horrific mindworms (which it is reported, the gaians are researching how to control), they provided good information on the surrounding country, however most importantly, the Spartans were able to build the first secret project on planet, the Weather Paridim (spelling?) giving them a boost up towards the top of the power charts. How did they get this project completed so quickly? I hear you asking, well 3 alien artifacts were found in supply pods, and quickly escorted to Spartan Command where they hurried along the project and had it completed in only a small amount of turns. Communications was also established with the Peacekeepers, and a hopefully long lasting friendship has been made.
Old May 12, 1999, 05:49   #16
korn469
Emperor

=============================================
Spartan Democratic Republic News Network

VICTORY!

VG Day Celebrations break out across Chiron!

According to Colonel Santiago in an off camera interview our victory came from defeat.

Nearly one hundred years ago our young men of the Spartan Armed Forces stormed University Beach it was a bloody battle. Heavy casualties were taken on both sides in the struggle to take the beaches, and at first although causualties were heavy the Spartan Amphibious Task Forced stormed ashore. Eventhough Intelligence was quite good prior to the invasion, some of the Gaian Units were well camoflauged and escaped detection. These camoflauged units were mindworms and the put up a desperate fight for the beaches but even their fanatical defence of the beaches couldn't hold off the first wave of our armored vehicles. According to the invasion plan University base should have fell and it would then be used for a staging area to strike deep into Gaian territory. Also freeing University base would lift the seige of of our Ally Academician Zakharov, because it appear that he too was about to be overran by the gaian war machine.

The fight for university base was a desprate pitched battle, the gaian defenders were well dug into their positions, and our Spartan forces were almost all tanks. Tanks were ill equipped for the bloody house to house fighting, and even though we out numbered the gaians they managed to hold off our first assault. Even though we didn't take as many causualties as the gaians our losses were still heavy, while we regrouped and prepared to continue our assualt, a fierce gaian counter attack swept our troops into the sea, every single soldiers that had made it ashore died in the counter attack. Then the gaian navy engaged our amphibious transports, and destroyed one third of them and inflicted heavy damage on the rest. Colonel Santiago met with her generals in what was supposed to be a victory celebration but now we weeked across the ocean at the gaians, they were heavily entrenched across all fronts, they were firmly in control of all of their territories and everyday the gaian army was growing larger, and our intelligence agency had warned us fifty years earlier that the gaians were research efforts were aimed at developing an aerospace industry. Suddenly the bulk of our army was dead, the gaians had a lead in technology, and the gap was beginning to widen. Our intelligence agency predicted that within 20 years they would have the capacity to deploy an airforce. Things were looking bleak. It appeared that the gaians were preparing for their own invasion, Zakharov had fled to his last rfuge and everytime we contacted him he asked for our immeadiate aid, because it appeared that in a short matter of time the gaians would overrun his last two divisions. It really was a time of choas in the Spartan high command.

It came down to a tough decision, the old guard hard liners wanted to continue the war following the same strategy, except they wanted more control of the people, they insisted that military production must be increased, they also suggested that our current economic system had collapsed and with greater regulation of the economy we could boost our industrial output and increase our weapons production. They pointed out that our current system held the population in check quite easily through our secret police force and our propaganda ministry, no one dared question the states authority. And it was quite easy to see that the Spartan Armed Forces were the best trained and equipped across Chiron. Our total dedication to military power had given our generals the tools they need to build a large and formidable army. They ninsisted that to achieve victory, we justed need to do what we had been except divert all of our resources to the war effort.

There was one decenting voice, one person who had the courage to speak up. That person was Doctor Hector Bonaventura. He was the mastermind behind the Spartan research effort. Shortly after the battle he had a long and priavte conversation with Colonel Santiago, and he urged her for changes, when he left her office he later confided in her that he expected to be arrested, and tried as a traitor. That was how wide spread the grip of terror extended.

Less than a week later he was shocked by the annoucement that Colonel Santiago issued. In the statement Santiago annouced military cutback and the retirement of two of the top generals. Usually generals were not dismissed, usually they simply disappeared, being dragged somewhere into the Internal Security Beaurea's Head Quarters. Drastic social reforms began to sweep the Spartan Free State. Production of recreation facilities and science centers began in everycity. Sweeping economic reforms took place and then in a suprise move Colonel Santiago annouced that she was stepping down as the Supreme Commander of the Spartan Free State, she annouced that she was going to run for President of Sparta in the first free election since Planet fall. In the first truly free election Colonel Santiago won, U.N. Peace Keepers monitored the election to prevent vote tampering and in the constitution convention the Spartan Free State was disbanded, and the new Spartan Democratic republic was born.

Our war with the gaians intensified, but shortly before they developed an air force Doctor Bonaventura developed a miracle, fusion power. Newly equipped fusion AAA divisions beat off the gaian air force, even though they tried to use nerve gas to wipe us off the planet. In an agonizing decision, Santiago, morgan, Lal, and Vakorhov decided to use any means necesary to deafeat Lady Nell. The U.N. charter was revoked and with our newly developed air force equipped nerve gas on every bomber. The air war intensified, and the gaians made many amphibious raids. In one of those raids 40,000 Spartan citizens were massacred by the blood thirsty gaians. An agonizing choice was made to share our technology with our long time ally Zakorhov and he used our existing technology to perfect Space flight, however two disturbing things came out of this, nuclear weapons technology was once again perfected, and Lady Nell's spy network quickly obtained ALL of the classified information we provided to Zakorhov.

Shortly thereafter gaian missle raids began, and Lady Nell won the planetary govenorship. Our diplomats were deported along with our covert oportives, and behind an iron curtain, Lady Nell began to deploy a large number of cruise missles. Every raid resulted in heavy caualties, however once a AAA plasma garrison division managed to survive a missle attack. Lady Nell then began to launch constant raids against Morgan, and with the missle raids the Morganites were overran, Lady Nell massacred every Morganite, and when we entered into the smouldering ruins of Morgan industried we fould CEO Morgan had been crucified.

Lady Nell began the construction of a land bride to link out two continants and even though we strafed and destroyed a great deal of her combat engineers they managed to complete the land bridge. We had just completed the prototype of our newest and most deadly weapon a helicopter, it too was equipped with nerve gas, fearing a land war, our helicopter forces were perfectly suited to destoying the gaian gound forces. We had also completed a special project, the cyborg Factory. That coupled with our other secret Project the Command Nexus, and our vrious areospace facilites meant that every single one of our troops we deployed were elite. Trinity one of our largest cities with unsurpassed industrial capasity had just completed our helicopter when the gaians deployed their newest weapon. the Spartan early warning network detected another missle launch heding for trinity, except this time the missle had a thremonuclear tip. Trinity was vaporized, and the gains had a land brige leading straight to the Spartand heartland. More helicopters were built and our forces thanks to economic reforms were beginning to enjoy the benefits of superior weapons. the gaian land assualt forced was destroyed and nerve gas raids against gaian cities decimated their garrisons and populations.

The gaians began to use a scorched earth policy of destroying the bases our air force had opened up making sure we didn't get an airbase any closer to them. Another advance in technology allowed the Spartan Democratic Republic the technology to clone our best and brightest. Our population began growing at an amazing rate, and we once agained regained the Planetary Govonership. The gaians used another nuclear weapon and this time 70,000 Spartan citizens were killed, our closest airbase to gaian territory was turned to ashes, and the bulk of our airforce was destroyed however, our technology lead was increasing, and the first carrier was deployed. In the meantime Lady Nell had stopped responding to the longevity treatments and had rapidly beagn to age. he died of old age on the same turn as we developed our first nuclear weapon. The gaian government began peace negociations, however we had one condition uncondition surrender. The negociations began to stall until The Hive was turned into a crater. The gaian governemnet then accepted our terms.

And here we are today celebrating VG day, all across Chiron in everycity people are celebrating, Brother Lal and Zakorhov were on hand when the gaians formally surrendered. Victory!!!

end of transmission