Old February 27, 2000, 18:15   #182
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 01:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn to Morgan.
--
Message to citizens of the Hive

Since our arrival on this planet we have tried to eke out our existance in a friendly manner. The other factions were well meaning at first, but then decided to gang up on use and use their plentiful energy to bully us into doing their bidding. Well we say no more! We will fight and we may die for the glory of the Hive, a Hive free of "Demands" from others. The first victory in this great war is ours. It will not be our last. We may die but at least we will choose the winner by choosing which other faction will recieve the bulk of our wrath.

I am Vader of the Hive, and I am dead. From this moment on we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. Remember, Victory is life!
Old February 27, 2000, 18:57   #183
TigToad
Prince

Local Time: 00:46
CEO TigToad's report to the people.

2145, a year that will be long remembered by all people of the Morganite Empire. Today, the Hive used underhanded unethical practices to subvert the minds of some of the local leaders of an otherwise loyal settlement. Fortunately, the situation was expected and preparations had already been made. Several military units are in position to put down the insurrection and are confident that all Morgan possessions will be back in our hands, soon.

Our military has mobilized, our tech is vastly superior, and our will is strong. The forces of the Hive will be removed from the globe. No peace, no quarter to be given. They have had ample opportunities to show good will and have blatently spit in the face of the peaceful Morganites. No more.

In other news, the war effort intensified a need for information, to that end we are pleaed to announce the completion of the EMPATH GUILD. This structure has told us that the Hive military is insignificant and incapable of holding against us as we shift from defence to offense.

CEO TigToad, the Morgan republic.

Old February 27, 2000, 19:01   #184
TigToad
Prince

(BTW_ nice blatant rip off of the Gem'adar (sp?). Grin.
Old February 28, 2000, 01:54   #185
TigToad
Prince

Turn is off to the PK.

Notice to Hive Leader...

2148 is not acceptable. We are ending the year 2144 this year. I must have my response by 2146, which means you better have something to me in writing on your 2145 turn.

Also, the removal of hive probe teams, yet again found in Morgan territory is a priority.
CEO TigToad
Old February 28, 2000, 19:18   #186
Blunderdog
Warlord

Local Time: 23:46
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Turn is off to the Hive.

Old February 28, 2000, 20:41   #187
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan

--
Hive war Report

Glorious Hive defenders beat off an attack from the Peacekeepers last turn. Hive intelligence was surprised that they were in position to launch so soon after hostilities were begun.

In other news our position in planet rankings shot up after war was begun. Thanks in a large part to the thousands of eager volunteers that swamped out recruitment offices. The Hive is One, the Hive is All, we all become the Hive.
Old February 28, 2000, 23:14   #188
TigToad
Prince

The Morgan war machine is glad to report the seizure of a valuable Hive Artifact.. and report that at least one Hive settlement should fall within 2 years. More conquests are expected shortly.

CEO TigToad

(Turn to the PK)
Old February 29, 2000, 20:51   #189
Blunderdog
Warlord

The Peacekeepers abortive attack was mostly a case of blind luck. The last transmission from the U.N. rover was garbled, but we believe it was "Missed it by that much."

Turn to Hive.
Old February 29, 2000, 21:57   #190
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan

--
Hive war report

A Hive probe team successfully defended itself against a Peacekeeper attack. Other probe actions are classified.
Old March 1, 2000, 01:59   #191
TigToad
Prince

In an address today CEO TigToad said in a brief statement that he was proud of the industrial mobilization of the troops and knew that final victory would be ours.

Tig
Old March 1, 2000, 22:00   #192
Blunderdog
Warlord

Turn has been sent to the Hive.
Old March 1, 2000, 22:49   #193
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan

--
Secret Hive Memo
To: Ministry of Defence, Intelligence

The Morgans have proclaimed that victory is theirs. Well no doubt eh! A two front war! Did you ever look in the datalinks under World War 2? If they lose I will be amazed. Order your troops to fight to the last bullet but one.

Vader
Old March 2, 2000, 02:14   #194
TigToad
Prince

If the Hive wishes to discuss terms of peace, we are, of course, willing to listen. The price is a lot higher than 125 credits however, now. I figure, 125 credits to the Peacekeepers and Morganites as well as immediate change from Synth Fossil fuels to some more peaceful endeavor.

In news that won't get scoffed at.. the Morganite government is pleased to announce the destruction of Hive military and probe units trying to hide in the fungus fields on the new 'land bridge' connecting our island with theirs.

Tig
Old March 3, 2000, 00:22   #195
Blunderdog
Warlord

Turn sent to the Hive.
Old March 3, 2000, 00:55   #196
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan
--
The Hive would like to annouce the commencement of operation Common Good. Which unfortunately did not proceed as planned. However we did seize one objective, but will take losses.
Old March 3, 2000, 11:52   #197
TigToad
Prince

It is becoming increasing clear that peace is no longer an option. The destruction of several Yang units this turn should go a long way toward sending those Hive tyrrants that we mean business, economic as well as militarily.

CEO TigToad
Old March 3, 2000, 22:15   #198
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan

--
Yes the Hive was most dismayed when we received our turn and saw that we won 8 battles and lost 2.

The second objective of Operation Common Good was destroyed in fighting between our loyal minions and the fanatic fundamentalist defenders. We were dissapointed by the destruction of the city but were none the less pleased by the victory.
Old March 3, 2000, 22:57   #199
TigToad
Prince

The Hive can gloat now. For while I was only able to take out half of your strike force for you netting no gain (a useless size 2 city with no real resources), and now I have the entire weight of the Morgan war machine coming online. Soon, soon me and my Fundamentalist Green followers will be running down your throat.

CEO TigToad

(Honestly, making me leave free market was bad, but having to go fundamentalist... I feel so....dirty)
Old March 4, 2000, 01:15   #200
Blunderdog
Warlord

Turn back to the Hive.
Old March 4, 2000, 18:28   #201
TigToad
Prince

CEO TigToad announced today that mind conditioning of many Morgan troops in the brutal subversion of a Morgan continental city 3 years ago was undone today, as once again loyal troops of the Morgan war machine took up the banner and killed the vile probe-oppressors of the vile Hive. With the recapture of the newly named "Morgan's Glory," military spirits were high accross the land causing a rush of new recruits to all of the recruiter posts accross the land.

In other news Yang took heavy losses in fighting losing at least 3 rovers and 2 probe teams. At this time, no Morgan casualties have been announced. When asked, a high ranking officer in the Morgan army said "they should have sued for peace when they had the chance."

-----

Turn to the PK
Old March 4, 2000, 20:29   #202
Blunderdog
Warlord

Turn 52 has been sent to the Hive.
Old March 4, 2000, 21:16   #203
TigToad
Prince

(BTW_ the Citizen's Defence Force went online, too..forgot to mention it, again).

Tig
Old March 5, 2000, 00:12   #204
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan.

We once again liberated the disputed city. I am sure Morgan had peace in mind when he pacted against us. I would like to see how he would fare fighting two factions. The race to see who gets the spoils of victory is on. Two pact brothers fight to claim Hive territory before they turn on eachother like animals.

In other news the Peacekeepers made a pathetic attempt to land on Hive soil. They were slaughtered. Although we would prefer to lose to the Peacekeepers we will not just roll over either.
Old March 5, 2000, 01:02   #205
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan.
Old March 5, 2000, 01:14   #206
TigToad
Prince

I was going to write you a message this time asking what it was you had against me personally. I do not remember ever treating you unfairly during the course of this game, I even gave you a tech at one point. You stole techs from me, broke a rule (albiet on accident) and I made no fits. Then I saw in the forum that you just wanted to make sure the Morganites lose. I was curious why me, but I can deal with the game.

However, the message you left for me on the map was completely uncalled for in the spirit of being a normal and moderately well mannered human being. I'll finish the game because I don't leave players hanging. However, this game in 5 seconds went from the most fun game of smac I'd ever played to one I could care less about in two words.

Good job... Tig
Old March 5, 2000, 01:17   #207
TigToad
Prince

Turn onto the PK
[This message has been edited by TigToad (edited March 05, 2000).]
Old March 6, 2000, 01:14   #208
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan.

I will answer. From the beginning I saw Morgan's ability to research at a much faster rate to be a threat to me, so I placed a higher priority on their destruction. I find alliances in a 3 person game to be dishonorable. I don't mind a "wink, wink" alliance where two parties simply agree not to attack eachother, but a full blown official alliance is like a real slap to the face. As for the landmark, I didn't even know you could do that until you did first, mine was just a response. I apologize for maybe going overboard, but when you taunt somebody you have to expect a response, why else would you taunt in the first place.

I don't have anything against you personally, in fact I am rather impressed by your defense of your continent. If I had read this before my turn I would have removed the offending statement. I am sorry, although I like the role playing messages we have posted I suppose it adds a different level to a war which makes everything more personal.
Old March 6, 2000, 01:55   #209
TigToad
Prince

Turn is off to the PK.

---

I may have over reacted last night. However, taunting is all right and good..its what I did with the first landmark, and what we have been doing in the forums. However, I just don't see the need to let it degenerate to vulgarity. Anything I can't show my nephew takes it from a level that is no longer a game and fun to me.

As for alliances in 3 player games, its unfortunate. But, with the way Zso set this tournament up there are only 3 ways to play it.. no one fights.. and we have a nice single player game to transcend. two people fight while the third watches, in which case, sad to say the third person wins 99%. Or finally 2 fight against 1. In this case, you are the odd man out because you started hostilities and were the least able to go the distance in a trascend or other than conquest victory game.

We pacted but until you attacked we didn't have that strong of an alliance in all truth, the pacting was just for energy.

Tig
Old March 6, 2000, 19:44   #210
Garth Vader
King

Turn to Morgan.

You made an interesting assesment of the 3 person game. That is one of the reasons I find 3 player games both fascinating and irritating. You also answered your complaints about my aggressiveness yourself. As the Hive I have no choice, I can't out tech either of you. Had I taken the University I think you would have found me a more peaceful faction!