Old July 25, 2000, 18:22   #1
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 00:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
1 - 1 parallel Aliens tourney
Anyone interested in playing side by side games, one as the Usurpers and one as the Caretakers (obviously with different maps) with 5 AI humans?
Old July 27, 2000, 00:24   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Harrumph....

I guess there is no interest
Old July 27, 2000, 10:16   #3
big_canuk
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 02:48
Hi Googlie:

I am a multiplayer newbie, but good against the computer AI. I'll take Marr. You can set up the game how you like. If no others join then we just have a single instead of parallel games.

------------------
You can be angry that roses have thorns, or you can be happy that thorn bushes have roses.
Old July 27, 2000, 11:06   #4
Googlie
Emperor

big_canuk:

Great!

I sent off the two games (parallel meaning that we play one, you as Marr, me as H'minee, and at the same time play another, different map but same settings, other five AI's, you H'minee, me Marr.)

As we are only two, we prolly don't need to set up a turn reporting thread here, but we might add periodically to this one to give interval scores, etc.

Googlie
Old July 28, 2000, 18:42   #5
big_canuk
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 02:48
Hi Googlie:

I got your email about the tripod website you built. It didn't work -- I got an error404. I tried to reply to your email and got a undeliverable, transponder not availiable. If you just email me the turn, that would be fine. I'd rather play from the start, because I don't like what the computer does in the faststart. Maybe we could try to get a bunch of turns done on Saturday from 1 to 5 eastern time.

------------------
You can be angry that roses have thorns, or you can be happy that thorn bushes have roses.
Old July 28, 2000, 19:30   #6
Googlie
Emperor

big_canuk:

problem is, I can't get at the attachments you send - they come as embedded txt in the e-mail itself, and there's nothing to save, and if I copy and save, it saves as a .doc or a .txt file.

I had this problem with a TigToad file he sent - seems to be an incompatibility with the e-mail systems (which was why I set up the website - I've gotten round the problem that way before)

I have some six e-mail addys and each one craps out with attachments from certain other e-mail servers, coming in as text each time.

Maybe we are doomed not to play

I can't understand why you cant get to the website edits - did you get the second e-mail with the corrected URL? it is (case sensitive):

http://two_canucks.tripod.com/CanuckPBEMs/

see if that works this time, and if not, then it was a good college try

Googlie