Old September 16, 2000, 13:58   #1
fluxcapacitor
Warlord

Local Time: 23:50
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I've Never played multiplayer and would like to start a game -- invitation--
Yeah, I've had my cable modem about 2 months now, but didn't have SMAC installed due to lack of HD space. Anyways, looking through the messages here, why are some people saying "I averaged 6 turns per day!?" Does mp really slow the game down THAT much? What about the "non-simultaneous" option? Doesn't cosiderably speed things up? Anyway, I only run a p1 233mmx, so if we set up a game, sum1 w/ a fast machine should host. What's the most efficient way to MP? I would think TCP/IP, but I dunno crap about comps. really. How does PBEM work? And I don't care if only one person wants to play me, I HAVE to experience how this game is against a real person! I'd like to use "the University" faction, as they're all I ever play w/. So if u wanna play, post sumpthin' here, I'll check regularly throughout tha day, But I work tonigh @ 6pm (pacific). Or you can e-mail me, or send an IM (aim/aol) to "DBZichiban!" Somebody please play though!
Old September 17, 2000, 01:21   #2
Misotu
Emperor

Local Time: 08:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hi I don't play IP games I'm afraid, I'm too slow and people get frustrated with me. So I hope you get an offer from some of the IP players here. To answer your question on PBEM, it's a game you play by email. You play your turn, taking as long as you like to think about the moves (which suits me just fine!) and then you email your turn to the next player.

When people say they averaged 6 turns a day, they're probably talking about PBEM games, not IP. 6 turns in one day would be good going for PBEM. If you're interested in giving it a try, check out the tournament sign-up thread on this board. There are games at different difficulty levels, a choice of maps and start conditions and you can specify your preferred faction(s).

cheers
- Mis