Old February 22, 2001, 11:52   #1
Black Sunrise
Prince

Local Time: 07:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ultimate builders wanted!
I've taken a look at the "ultimate builders map", and am itching to play another MP game.
That map can be found here: http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html
Trancend, obviously. I really don't want to set it up, but would love to play it. Would prefer to play Univ, Cybernetic, Gaians, Peacekeepers in that order of preference.
Would prefer to have a moderator, as well, so the game doesn't get deadlocked if someone drops out.
Also, thought tech stagnation blind research might be a really neat concept, though with this map we should probably leave the heavy tech of univ and conc to the AI if we use those rules.
Anyone interested? Would prefer as many players as possible, as well.
Old February 26, 2001, 11:06   #2
TigToad
Prince

Local Time: 00:59
Arehedan ran the ultimate builder challenges. You should email him. Its a 1 on 1 game. Both players play the University, each of you gets one island and there is a list of rules.. check out any of the UBC threads, the first message of those threads has the link to the rule page.. you may have to search back a few months to find the initial thread.

Tig
Old February 26, 2001, 23:45   #3
Black Sunrise
Prince

Local Time: 07:59
In my opinion, the ultimate builder map as university is a big waste. I mean, then it's just a techno-rush game. Give univ, gaians, hive, lal, drones, aki all to the ai, then play something like the data angels.
They all have the edge on you, and your best skill (stealing techs) fails utterly, as you can't reach everyone else.
The AI has a very strong start, and when you encounter them, they are well on the way to having a monster powerhouse. No steamrolling anyone.
As the univ, you just sit, get techs, and transcend, as quickly as possible.
Boring in the extreme.
I think that it would allow a 4 player game a lot of challenge from the AI, and allow the game to reach later stages, like orbital improvements, instead of somebody with 4-1-2 rovers winning the game.
Anybody want to play?