Turn sent to the Spartans.

Ced.
Old March 16, 2001, 10:09   #153
Zaphod
Warlord

Local Time: 03:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hi everyone,
Since our daughter is now toddling around the house creating mass destruction, I don't have much time to check out the forums or post anything. On those occasions when I do, though, I enjoy reading your comments and the Hive broadcasts. I hope you all don't mind if I don't post my turn transmissions - I do my best to play the turn as quickly as I can.
Regards, Zaphod

Old March 16, 2001, 10:28   #154
Zaphod
Warlord

Local Time: 03:00
The following is an excerpt of Col. Zaphod's last briefing that was broadcast on the Spartan Radio Network:

"Our unsuccessful candidacy for Governor of Planet was a disappointment but not a complete failure. The resulting contact with the other factions here on Planet has resulted in peaceful relationships that should ensure our long-term security. We do have some concern about the recent Hive transmission concerning expansion outside its current borders - especially since our lands are directly north of the fungus area mentioned by Chairman cbn - but we are confident that we can work out a border agreement.

Our current mission of exploration, expansion, and infrastructure building continues on target, and I would personally like to commend everyone who has been involved in this process. Your dedication and sacrifice brings additional luster to the glory of the Spartan Empire!"
Old March 16, 2001, 11:01   #155
cbn
Prince

Local Time: 04:30
A dissident intercepted the following document and broadcast it across Planet

To the most eminent Colonel Zaphod:

My comments about expansion were not directed at any territories under Spartan rule. The Hive values the friendship of the Spartans and wishes to live in peace. You may have noted that Hive units in your territory have begun the long trek home but it will take a number of turns for the withdrawal to be complete. I apologize for the incursion but your boundary was not apparant to me until I met your former unit. My military adviser informs me that our military squad and your former crew exchanged souvenirs and tall tales and left each other in peace and friendship.

The Hive seeks expansion within its existing lands and also asserts the right to colonize any areas of Planet that are not currently inside the territory of another, subject to any boundary agreements or land claims to which the Hive is a party. It is our view that there must be available good land somewhere since frankly the border area between us is an arid, rocky fugus wasteland.

The Hive welcomes further peaceful discussion from all parties but in particular from our good friends the Spartans
Old March 16, 2001, 16:24   #156
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 00:00
This thread is past 150 posts and needs to be closed. I have started a new thread here.