Old April 29, 2001, 23:31   #31
Rynn:
ACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 03:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
2193 to Hobbes

In fact I voted "Nay" but the screen still said you had the Victory (600 votes out of a possible 712 or something) so we will rely on Hobbes to vote "Yay", thus ending what has been a good game.

Congratulations to Buster for a well fought campaign.

Rynn
Old April 30, 2001, 00:34   #32
Rynn:
ACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 03:04
2192 to Hobbes

Buster:

You now have the votes for supreme leader (you need 552 out of the 736 available - you have 555). Why not put us out of our misery and vote yourself in as Fuehrer?

(Unless you ant to practice your "chop and drop" tactics some more?

Rynn
Old April 30, 2001, 13:27   #33
buster
ACDG3 CMNsACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 10:04
Thanks Rynn,

The result will be the same regardless of what he votes.

What is decisive, is that after voting he will be given the chance to refuse the outcome. Actualy all should be given that option but due to buggy PBEM implementation, it is only the last player to vote.

If he refuses to submit to the will of the council the game will continue, however he will automatically be at vendetta with all.

If he votes no - but accepts the outcome of the vote (which will be yes regardless of what he voted) the game will end.

Anyway what I am trying to say is that it is not his vote that matters, only if he after the vote accepts the result (there will be another pop-up asking about this).
As you are not last voter - you were not given the option to refuse and will also not get it after the vote.

Old April 30, 2001, 20:17   #34
H0bbes
Emperor

I voted against but then submitted to the inevitable. Congrats Buster & thanks for the game all. These are turning out to be a steep learning curve!

Hobbes
Old May 1, 2001, 07:04   #35
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 08:04
Yep, seconded - huge congrats to Buster on what has been a masterful performance. Although I would like to know what you did early on to get so many of the SPs...
Old May 1, 2001, 07:55   #36
buster
ACDG3 CMNsACDG The Free Drones
King

Thanks - I don't remember in detail in this game, but usual strategy is to place at least a couple of cities in an area with nutrient and mineral bonus or monoliths get a recycling tank and rec common and then have them start SPs.

City placement determined not by some grid system but to get these essential first cities.

First artefacts are spent on getting them done quick. Think I spent three or four early on - on first two SPs.

As I was green and quickly got some captive worms and was first on North and South I could use the worms to pop pods and got a lot. Many of these first artefacts were spent on SPs and I had pretty much a "ferry line" bringing colony pods to the south and artefacts back to the island.

A lot is luck of course - getting these first worms (special Gaia advantage here of course) and sending them hunting for pods and more worms.

Other cities which are "growth cities" (nutrients but not so much minerals) are made to knock out colony pods. (As they will just grow and go to riots anyway).

[This message has been edited by buster (edited May 01, 2001).]