Old May 21, 1999, 14:29   #1
Flare
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A Question to Yin and all others.
Yin and everybody else. Y'all (Damn Souther accent! ~Grin~) are doing a great job, but I have one question/request. What about us poor slobs who like the simplicity of the first and second Civ games? Yes, realism is great, but it can also be a burden in some games. I tend to go for fun ~Chuckle~ over realism, plus my time is limited. Also, as any good engineer know, the golden rule, which is KISS (Keep It Simple, Silly!) There is such a case of having too much of a good thing. I am not cutting down any suggestion or ideas, nor saying that we should not bring it ALL out, but a calm voice can sometimes help out. And I also know that this forumn is for IDEAS. Just my two gold pieces tossed in.

Kevin

P.S.- Keep up the great work.

Old May 21, 1999, 14:53   #2
the Octopus
Warlord

Flare, whenever you see an idea that you think is too complicated or gets in the way of the fun, point it out! The list threads are for both proposing ideas and discussing the ones that have been proposed. If, at the end of the day, our ideas aren't making the game more fun then we're wasting our time. I agree that some of the suggestions on these boards increase micromanagement, etc., at the expense of a fun game, just as there are some ideas that are really good and should be added. By pointing out flaws in other people's suggestions, you can help make the suggestions better, which is what we all want. Even getting people to think about playability instead of realism is a good thing to do, so I encourage you to post in all the threads that need it.

------------------
CIV3-THE MASTER LIST-TECHNOLOGY "THREAD MASTER"
Old May 21, 1999, 14:57   #3
JT
Prince

KISS stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid. Just so you know.

Octo is right. Point something out if you think it detracts from fun. We'll listen.

------------------
-Civ3 Thread Master of OTHER and UNITS.
"We get the paperwork, you get the game!"
Old May 21, 1999, 15:06   #4
Flare
Chieftain

~Chuckle~ Thank you for the good advice, the Octopus. I will do my best when I am not busy gawking at all the great ideas. ~Wicked, evil laughter~ So now I am to be the Devil's Advocate?!? Bring some people down to "reality" a bit?!? ~Grin~ I think I am up to it. I will also treat everyone real good.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Flare, thanks for that good reminder. I'm locking this thread just to keep us a bit more organized on the board. But please go to the areas that you are interested in and help us keep it simple! Please. And thanks for the encouragement! *Yin*

[This message has been edited by yin26 (edited May 21, 1999).]