Old March 27, 2001, 20:43   #1
brian32
Settler

Local Time: 23:18
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Massively Multiplayer Civilization
I think it would be extremely fun to have a massively-multiplayer civ-like game. Imagine it: hundreds of people on a gigantic and highly-detailed map, it would be incredible!

There would be quite a few problems, however. The obvious one is time. A game of that magnitude would not only crash most people's computers because of the huge detail and map size, but each turn would take hours.

What do you guys think?
Old March 27, 2001, 22:51   #2
Alexander's Horse

I think I don't know why you are talking to us about it.

------------------
Chaos, panic and disorder - My work here is done.

Old March 27, 2001, 23:18   #3
sekong
Warlord

Local Time: 23:18
Local Date: October 30, 2010
There is game called artifact, which is a large on line game involve hundreds of players in a single map/game. Each player have 2hr hour time per day to manage the empire, say build mining, irrigation, hospital, school, etc. The empire will then grow even u are not on line. The goal of the game is to capture and hold a certain number of ancient artifacts. You may go for lonely wolf, which win by self, or ally with others. But you have to pay a it to get citizenship to be able to ally and also have longer time of playing per day. It's an interesting game. I like some of its ideas. Maybe u can try that. Somehow it's more like AOE instead of CIVII. Like a lot of other online games, good connection is essential during war.