Old June 22, 1999, 03:07   #91
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 04:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yes, indeed, he does. Oh, he does at that.

Can you tell I'm overworked? Well, this is a good reminder...I don't want to be like certain gaming companies and release a buggy List. Then we'd have to send in patches for months on end.

The list will be submitted when it's damn good and ready, I say! (But I reaaaaaalllly want to move on here...). Please help, those of you who have watched this process.

This thread and RADICAL IDEAS needs to be summarized. I have a summary form you can copy off of...
Old June 22, 1999, 03:27   #92
Alexander's Horse

Yin, mate, Relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd summarise it myself if I hadn't developed an irrational and probably misplaced loyalty to Dominique. And anyway, don't we love games because they don't have deadlines (i.e. unlike the things you should be doing instead of playing them)? Ipso, no deadlines would be Apolyton policy if I was CEO.

"Dim, through the misty vapour
and thick green light
I saw him:
guttering, choking, drowning."

Wilfred Owen

Old June 22, 1999, 06:32   #93
Ekmek
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 01:20
I support the Olympics idea, but everyone that came up with it tripped on a big idea. A lot of the competition in the olympics was also about being in a Cold War. When you are building on your own and not in a war you don't really know your in a cold war, you usually assume it. It would be nice if Civ III could replicate some Cold War features after nuclear missles are developed, i.e. client state wars (low intensity conflict without the whole alliance jumping in), sponsoring olympicteams, the space race (satellites, exploration, and getting to the moon!), and maybe standard of living. Something that would add to the atmosphere and add to war and strategy.
Old June 22, 1999, 06:32   #94
Ekmek
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 01:20
I'm all forthe newspaper(and its various reincarnations) I forgot about it and i really miss it(mainly when I found the .txt file and use to edit the headings at the top)

<font size=1 color=444444>[This message has been edited by E (edited June 22, 1999).]</font>
Old June 22, 1999, 09:00   #95
Flavor Dave
Prince

Local Time: 08:20
Icedan, for me, in modern times, I don't get barbarians as barbarians--they're either religious fanatics (equivalent to terrorists) or partisans (kinda like the Serbs). So that seems realistic.
Old June 23, 1999, 05:11   #96
Icedan

You're right Dave, I forgot about the partisans. But what I am talking about is a terrorist from another civilization causing terror in your civilization.

Like holding one of your important buildings hostage, within one of your cities. (or maybe a whole bunch of people) And he'll let the thing blow if you don't meet his demands. And he's also not part of his own civilizations government, so you can't really blame the civilization.