Old July 8, 1999, 11:01   #31
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 10:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
put your head between your legs and kiss MY ass.
if thats sounds rude to you,mebbe you can think about closing someones thread without any explanation. i already know about your stupid rules so don't waste your time with a comments like 'blah blah we have hosts,etc.'.
if you checking any threads but yours,mebbe you'll find out that my proposal doesn't fit in any of them.
if you ever played civ2 to the end,you should know about population counter bug. that bug really bothers all serious players and i hope it will be fixed in civ2 and if not,i know to whom i have to send my 'respects'. what a **** you doing here at all? you're the one who constantly babbling about 'oh,alpha centauri is much better than civ2'. i've read your posts on ac site. you know when you have right to say that? very day when sold copies of ac surpass sold copies of civ2. and when this day comes,i'll apologize to you. until then...you may open a forum 'suggestion for ac2'.

sf
Old July 8, 1999, 11:10   #32
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 04:21
Ummm...If you know the "rules," why are you so upset? Plus, there is a thread called "OTHER"--your ideas don't fit there, either?

Please show me ONE thread where I say SMAC is better than Civ2! I guess you weren't around when I was attacking SMAC for a number of reasons. Sure, I've grown to like the game quite a lot, but it didn't hook me right away like Civ2 did--although I like certain things about it better...

Anyway, sorry that our entire organization got in the way of your thread.
Old July 17, 1999, 15:21   #33
Ecce Homo
Prince

Local Time: 09:21
I just came to think of this:

Why are there TWO lists - one here at Apolyton, and one at Firaxis? Are there any good reasons not to close down this one and refer to Firaxis? (Except for the Firaxis colour scheme which gives me a headache).

------------------
The best ideas are those that can be improved.
Ecce Homo
Old July 18, 1999, 01:21   #34
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 04:21
Ecce Homo,

Well, the list was started here and the product is pretty good, of course we want to improve on it. The list effort on the Firaxis site started when I was invited to do it there as well--of course, I thought Firaxis would actually help the effort. Quite the opposite. They pulled the plug on a fan-led project and left Dan in charge, and he hasn't shown any interest in a long time.

Add to the fact that the Apolyton site has a lot more visitors, much better support AND a color scheme that doesn't hurt your eyes , and I think you can see why the best work is being done here. Having said that, if the day ever comes when the Firaxis site has just as many visitors and just as much support for the fans, I'd be happy to try (again) to make an "official" list. But Firaxis' sites are a long way away from being that kind of place.
Old July 20, 1999, 10:46   #35
mindlace
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:21
2 lists problem:

I took the CUSTOMIZATION thread because I saw that it was unclaimed. Then Ecce Homo pointed out it was already going on over at FIRAXIS.

I really think this whole 2 forum thing is lame. I have 4 passwords for Civ/SMAC: Apolyton, Firaxis, SMAC, ACOL.

If the efforts were segregated, that would be one thing, but if I try to check the Apolyton thread on Technology, I'm told to go to Firaxis.

I haven't looked at all the other threads...

I want this to be useful to BR, so that he can make a better game. The List was almost 200 pages- now it looks like we're making 2 lists. If BR is going to really read 2 200 page lists when making Civ3, great- but it just seems overkill, not to mention that I've seen redundancies already.

At one point we were told that the lists were going to come together: now it looks like that's not going to happen. I don't really mind, per se: I like the effort I've seen here at apolyton, and the Firaxis effort is just silly (he couldn't even merge user/password databases for the 2 forums?)

I guess what I'm saying is that I feel that the effort has been forked for no evident purpose.

Can't Firaxis just have a link here and let the apolyton folks manage it or something? I'd even be happy to give my 'management' up in favor of one effort.

I dunno. I'm just beginning to think that I'm wasting my time.

~mindlace
Old July 20, 1999, 11:13   #36
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:21
You can still post here, though, mindlace, and it seems most people do. I, too, would prefer to have one list, which is why I try and shove people over to Firaxis. Alack, alas, with Dan basically not doing anything...
Old July 20, 1999, 17:57   #37
YinShining
Settler

Local Time: 08:21
Mindlace,

I can assure you that Brian and the team are very well aware of the "Apolyton" list and are looking forward to our next effort. If other lists get made on other sites (Sidgames.com has one, for example), that's natural and good for the game. It's Firaxis' duty to sort through it all. However, if you go by site traffic, Apolyton has everybody beat (as far as I know).

But the idea has ALWAYS been for the Firaxis site to combine its work with ours here--and that still is the idea. So don't worry. Things are going pretty much as planned, except that Dan has left us all in the dark on the Firaxis site.

Yin

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by YinShining (edited July 20, 1999).]</font>
Old July 21, 1999, 15:30   #38
MarkG

testing 1, 2, 3

Old July 22, 1999, 10:52   #39
Narck
Emperor

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Narck (edited November 01, 1999).]</font>
Old July 22, 1999, 15:37   #40
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:21
What is that blah about the list at Firaxis? on firaxis.com there are no forums. Or do you mean that 'list' at sidgames.com?
Old July 23, 1999, 03:18   #41
Catz

http://www.firaxis.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

And there's a direct link on the homepage, which you cant miss. DID YOU EVEN LOOK?!?

Old August 2, 1999, 10:42   #42
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

As to the issue of one to send off the lists, we should remember that we wanted to send off the previous lists June 26th, and they went out about 3 weeks later. Let's aim to have everything finished by August 8th, Sunday night, and send the things in. While there's still some good things happening in Social Engineering and a few other threads, I know that my thread and several other threads have seriously slowed down- I see no reason not to aim for that date.

Besides, if it takes another 3 weeks to prepare everything afterwards again and make sure it's all in, then we'll hit the end of August as planned.