Old September 11, 1999, 08:01   #1
YinShining
Settler

Local Time: 08:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
LIST 2 UPDATE...
First, would all TMs please post their summaries in the summary forum? We're going to fix things up here a bit and make it easier (hopefully). Thanks.

Second, these are the summaries we have:

CHEATS
COMBAT
RELIGION
TRADE
UNITS
GRAPHICS

(By the way, there is some EXCELLENT stuff in these summaries...)

I realize that some threads have had almost no action since version 1. Also, we clearly need to clean house here if there is going to be version 3. Some TMs feel overworked while others have had nothing to do.

However, I really want at least some hint from Brian before we go ahead with a version 3. It only makes sense. Assuming he gives some encouragement to a version 3, we'll alert major gaming sites about our effort here and hopefully get some new posters. Anyway, that's a few days from now.

I'm giving version 2 until the end of this month. Thus, if there's a thread that we didn't list but you think should be summarized, please first try to contact the TM and see if he isn't working on it. If he isn't, and if you're up for the challenge , please let me and Shiny know.

Thanks,

YinShining
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by YinShining (edited September 11, 1999).]</font>
Old September 11, 1999, 09:12   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:23
Small question for the hybrid. Is the religion summary you received the one of Stefu or the one of Raingoon?

Because we, the most regular Religion posters Raingoon, Will, MBrazier and me, disagree with some (actually quite a lot) points in Stefu's summary. He included ideas of us we abandoned for ages! It's kinda strange to include things the original writers don't even agree with anymore. Plus, we made a complete religion model, but he splitted it up and threw it between all the old suggestions.

Take a look to Raingoon's last post in the Religion thread where we all agree with. There our abandoned ideas are excluded and the complete model has been kept apart of the other suggestions.
Old September 11, 1999, 09:53   #3
YinShining
Settler

I think it's best to include both versions if there is an impasse. Raingoon plans to send me his version by Monday--so we'll effectively have two religion summaries.
Old September 11, 1999, 17:28   #4
raingoon
Prince

Local Time: 00:23
Yin

Whatever you think is best, but do check with Stefu to see if in fact there *is* an impasse. It would be nice to avoid a double listing...
Old September 11, 1999, 17:57   #5
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:23
I would also want to avoid two summaries. But we don't know Stefu's opinion on Raingoon's summary and Stefu isn't really a regular poster. He hasn't even said a word about Raingoon's model!

And then I read that Stefu already sent his summary to you and I assumed he just would neglect us (the 4 Religion posters).
Old September 11, 1999, 18:52   #6
raingoon
Prince

Local Time: 00:23
One final important point to consider --

The new religion thread summary will be up all weekend until close of business on Monday for any and all -- but especially Stefu -- to comment on. I state clearly in the post that all editorial suggestions will be honored by me. So Stefu can impact and shape it to his heart's content, just as I have done with his summary, all in the interest of arriving at a consensus.

At any rate, I have credited him on the revised summary that I've posted. If both summaries are ultimately used, I would ask that Stefu not be credited on both, but just his own. However, if he supports the summary revision I've posted as the final religion thread summary, I would acknowledge that endorsement by crediting it to him and not myself. I don't know what more I can do to be fair to both Stefu and the religion thread posters (yours truly included) who at the very least deserve to see their efforts summarized coherently and accurately.

P.S. Yin, where is the "summary forum"?
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by raingoon (edited September 11, 1999).]</font>
Old September 11, 1999, 19:08   #7
YinShining
Settler

Of course the best thing is if you guys can work together and produce one summary. I'll only send two if I have to, but it seems like you're on the right track. Let's see what Stefu says...

The summary forum is on the main forums page. It's called "Civ3-Summary of/About the List."
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by YinShining (edited September 11, 1999).]</font>
Old September 11, 1999, 19:53   #8
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:23
What about the Graphics summary? There's a summary in the Summary Of/About the List forum, but you haven't listed it in the first post. Is that summary not actually complete?
Old September 11, 1999, 21:48   #9
YinShining
Settler

Techno:

Thanks for the catch. GRAPHICS is posted, as you said. I updated my update at the top.