Old October 23, 1999, 13:55   #1
Hugo Rune

How to integrate the FIRAXIS forum wishlist
Hello, all TMs and moderators at apolyton.

My name is Johan, and I was, until recently, a TM at Firaxis's own forum (www.firaxis.com/forums), where we had a list in a very similar vein to this one, although smaller in scale. Now, firaxis has decided to scrap their forums completely, meaning we're without a home. Yin has suggested that we merge that list with this one- while that list is small it may have some interesting ideas in it that the Apolyton posters haven't thought of.

I have some questions:

1. Do you want our summaries or just the "raw" post data (MarkG has promised to archive all threads from firaxis.com)?

2. Do you want help to integrate the lists in some way?

3. Do you want the list from firaxis at all?

------------------
Johan Palme
Webmaster- the open forum for gaming ideas
http://www.toffgi.co.uk

Old October 23, 1999, 18:24   #2
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 04:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hugo:

Absolutely let's work together. Mark can keep the discussion in an archive and you guys can post your summaries in our summary forum. This might mean that the list will be a bit delayed (again, sorry everybody), but if that also means a list that reflects the community better, that's what we all want.

Perhaps if you guys could just post a quick note here letting me know your intentions so that I don't miss threads?

Old October 23, 1999, 23:33   #3
Theben
Deity

Why not let them post here? But I disagree in delaying the 2nd list any longer. Do you really think Firaxis will wait for our list to work on the game? I say slap the Firaxis summaries onto the Apolyton summaries, send 'em in, then wait and see.
Old October 24, 1999, 02:02   #4
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Theben,

That's my basic plan, but I don't want to just "slap" them on there if it creates confusion. At any rate, I think those guys have done a good job and I can just do a separate "Firaxis" section. I was talking about things like the Table of Contents and spell checking. On a 200+ page document, those things take time. At any rate, assuming I don't get slammed at work this week, this should be no problem. However, I'm not going to wait for the summaries. What I have by the end of October is what I'm sending.
Old October 24, 1999, 09:51   #5
Victor Galis
Emperor

Hmmm... last time I slapped the Apolton summary into the Firaxis one... how times change...

Anyhow, I have no summary, due to the low traffic in recent days at firaxis.com, so if you want you can assign me some thread that needs work and I'll see if I can muster the time to do it.
Old October 24, 1999, 14:01   #6
Theben
Deity

Touche`! Well, your post didn't have anything from Apolyton, which is why I was irked then... if List 2 has both Firaxis AND Apolyton then I'd be happy.
Old October 24, 1999, 15:49   #7
Hugo Rune

How soon do you want our summaries?

------------------
Johan Palme
Webmaster- the open forum for gaming ideas
http://www.toffgi.co.uk

Old October 24, 1999, 20:24   #8
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Dear Firaxis.com guys:

I have copied all the summaries. Yes, they are safe and sound on my hard drive right now. This means, unless you have major objections, I'm going to add all that stuff to the list (to be sent before Dec. 1 if I can at all manage it--I don't want to send a difficult to read document since that misses the point).

Now, if you need to send me an updated form of those summaries, I can wait about a day or two, but then I need to start trying to polish things up--after that point, it becomes REALLY hard to add updated stuff in because of the Table of Contents, etc. Keep in mind, this will now be a 300+ page document, which means it's much more like a textbook, so even something like spell-checking literally takes a few hours (some sections were not spell-checked at all, mind you).

Sure, I could just send it as is, but if I were Firaxis and took a look a 300+ page document that wasn't well organized and easy to read, I might not read it--would you?

Good Lord, this is going to be painful...
Old October 24, 1999, 20:28   #9
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Victor and other volunteer-minded saviors...

Please take a look at the volunteer thread to see what still needs to be summarized. It would be pretty amazing after all if EVERYTHING made it into arguably our last major Civ3 Wish List.