Old November 11, 2000, 06:49   #1
PrinceBimz
Prince

Local Time: 02:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Awesome scenario building in CTP2!
I have read that the scenario editing capability has been majorly improved in CTP2. Everything I have read sounds really good!
Old November 11, 2000, 14:07   #2
Ralf
King

Local Time: 09:58
It sure is!

The new CTP-2 click-and-paste scenario-editor seems to be one of the features the Firaxis team should have a close envious look at. No more turn-by-turn nonsens!!!

The entangled ways in how the Activision-team choose to present the game-feedback, with lots of multi-tabbed screens and screens-within-screens, is however *not* something to imitate.

Anyway, i keep my fingers crossed for both games.
[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited November 11, 2000).]
Old November 11, 2000, 14:25   #3
DarkOrder
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:58
The tab within a tab uI is not that complicated. It may take you a half hour of play to get it down. There are usually 2 duifferent ways to access the same screen, so you can choose which you like better. The control is not something I would worry about. I found it pretty intuitive.

Old November 11, 2000, 14:56   #4
Ralf
King

quote:

Originally posted by DarkOrder on 11-11-2000 01:25 PM
The control is not something I would worry about. I found it pretty intuitive.

You know what DarkOrder! Im hoping that i am dead wrong in my assumptions, and that you are absolutely right. Nothing would please me more, then to discover that my fears was totally unjustified.

Im a 100% micro-manager fanatic however - i *never* use queue-systems and "mayors". I want total control of facts and figures - and i want it with each and every of my cities. It takes more time - i dont mind that. I just dont want to click around 10-15 times just to gather info for that indevidual city.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited November 11, 2000).]
Old November 11, 2000, 15:20   #5
JimMac
Prince

I also enjoy the micro-management side of things. (Especially during multiplayer on a LAN set up, as this gives the non active player "things to do")

Ralf,
What did you think of the CTP1 information UI?
As a former (and still sometimes)Civ2 player, I have to say that I initally found information difficult to find quickly in CTP1, but after a few games I came to prefer the volume of information that is available to, perhaps, the simplier layout in Civ2.

DarkOrder,
You have clarified a lot of things in CTP2 today. (Many thanks! )Are you an Activision guy, Beta Tester or a Spy?

JimMac
Old November 11, 2000, 15:26   #6
DarkOrder
Chieftain

You can get into each city and control how it operates. Set Athens to science and Carthage to Growth. You can also control your national settings through the national manager. You can set how much food is given out to you population, how many hours they work, how much production is put into tile improvments, how much gold is given to your population, how much gold is put towards science research, how much crime is occuring. You can also change governments, this can greatly affect how you advance. You could play the game just keeping all of your cities funtioning, but you would get your butt kicked if an AI wanted to invade or barbarians popped up. You must manage your cities and empire, but not lag to far behind in science and military research.
[This message has been edited by DarkOrder (edited November 11, 2000).]
Old November 11, 2000, 15:32   #7
DarkOrder
Chieftain

JimMac, I am a Cyber Ninja, trained in the art of stealth and infiltration. I have delved deep into the heart of atvi to bring you these answers and am currently trying to steal some technology for my own empire. If I am found out I will have to start a revolution or plant a nuke, but fear not. They know not yet of what I am about.
Old November 11, 2000, 15:57   #8
Ralf
King

quote:

Originally posted by JimMac on 11-11-2000 02:20 PM
Ralf,
What did you think of the CTP1 information UI?
As a former (and still sometimes)Civ2 player, I have to say that I initally found information difficult to find quickly in CTP1, but after a few games I came to prefer the volume of information that is available to, perhaps, the simplier layout in Civ2.

To be honest, i never gave the CTP-game much of a chance. I played 3-4 games halfway through, but never anything to the end. I just didnt like it.
Anyway, theres so many new interesting features in CTP-2, so i have decided to give this follow-up a more serious and dedicated try.

Basically, i think i can live with these tab-screens. But, because im such a micro-manager, i want to be able to have the CTP-2 game pop-up all kinds of alert-screens automatically.
In SMAC there was lots of automatic pop-ip warning-screens that the user could choose to have eiter ON or OFF in the game-options. Is there something similar in CTP-2?

As long as i get those automatic alert pop-ups, i dont mind doing things "manually" - even if it takes more time to complete a game.
Old November 11, 2000, 15:58   #9
JimMac
Prince

DarkOrder>
L.O.L.-A Cyber Ninja eh?...well it doesn't matter to me, but I guessed that you werent a Diplomat with your statement in another topic that there won't be any play-by-E-mail patch. That is sure to ruffle a few feathers!

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that if DanQ or MarkG can verify your credentials that your statement on this topic makes the news.

JimMac
[This message has been edited by JimMac (edited November 11, 2000).]
Old November 11, 2000, 16:12   #10
DarkOrder
Chieftain

heh, that pbem stuff I said was not official, only what I thought. They know more than I on any patches being worked on.

As far as pop up messages warning you, yes there are. If your citizens are starving, or your city is running out of money and forced to sell stuff. I think you will like it. I just try to help
Old November 11, 2000, 17:45   #11
Pintello
Warlord

Hi All,

I beleive that DarkOrder is the guy that did that review in Hungarian. This means that he has a late Beta that he is playing with, but MarkG and DanQ's Pre-Gold copy is more like the finished copy that we all will buy, no matter what we may claim to the contrary.

Timothy Pintello
Old November 11, 2000, 18:03   #12
Slax
Prince

Local Time: 03:58
quote:

Originally posted by Pintello on 11-11-2000 04:45 PM
Hi All,

I beleive that DarkOrder is the guy that did that review in Hungarian. This means that he has a late Beta that he is playing with, but MarkG and DanQ's Pre-Gold copy is more like the finished copy that we all will buy, no matter what we may claim to the contrary.

Timothy Pintello

That would mean he changed his name from Blade Runner on these forums. I doubt it. But it probably was a reviewer.
Old November 11, 2000, 20:09   #13
Blade Runner
Prince

Pintello,

You are wrong. I am the guy who wrote the PC-Dome article in Hungarian. BTW I am Hungarian. Tényleg! I got a very early (about june-july) build preview version (there was button for PBEM and hot-seat, which is not in the latest builds) to write the preview.

I dont know this guy, but I think he is a beta tester.

Blade
Old November 11, 2000, 20:15   #14
Monkey
King

Either he is a beta tester/reviewer or the warez version is out on the net already.
Old November 12, 2000, 06:11   #15
Tilemacho
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by Monkey on 11-11-2000 07:15 PM
...the warez version is out on the net already.

Well I wish this could be true....
Old November 12, 2000, 09:19   #16
Pintello
Warlord

Hi Blade Runner,

Sorry I misidentified you. I was just taking a shot in the dark there. No insult intended.

Timothy Pintello
Old November 12, 2000, 09:25   #17
Blade Runner
Prince

Pintello,

No problemo! You have a right to combine informations and you have a right to make mistake too. BTW I didn't get it like an offence.

Have a nice weekend,

Blade
Old November 13, 2000, 01:44   #18
DarkOrder
Chieftain

I told you. I am a Cyber Ninja. No more talk of Ware* or I may have to disembowel someone. This game is fun and all the people who helped make it should be paid for their hard work. Like always, the only way that anyone will believe a word I say is buy purchasing the game and or checking with MarkG on everything I say. Now, back to inciting that revolution in Paris.