Old November 13, 2000, 14:11   #1
ajbera
Prince

Local Time: 08:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A request for Mr. Ogre
Q: can you add terrain or terrain improvement graphics?
A: Everything that's displayed on the map other than sprites comes from one huge specially formatted file. The tool to create it is quite hard to use, but I'll consider releasing it when we're deciding what those "other additional resources" are.

I would just like to strongly suggest the eventual release of this special file tool. Though it may be unwieldy, there are enough talented people in the CtP-playing population to figure out how to utilise it, and it's critical for scenario-building.
And though you (and your colleagues) have been flamed by some members of our dysfunctional community (and they have the right to their opinions), I'd like to say thanks for all you're efforts and I can't wait to give CtP2 a try.
Old November 13, 2000, 15:48   #2
Pintello
Warlord

Local Time: 08:58
Hi Mr. Ogre and the Activision Team,

I would like to second Ajbera and request that the tool for changing the file that contains Terrain Improvements, Terrain Types, etc. as well. I know there are already some proposals out there for possible senarios that would require this tool. Nordicus especially would like to have such a tool for changing terrains, improvements, etc...

I would also like to second Ajbera in thanking you all for all the help and information that you provide in these forums.

Timothy Pintello
Old November 13, 2000, 19:32   #3
meriadoc
Warlord

Local Time: 04:58
I also would like to thank Activision and the CTP2 team for their efforts on the game, despite all of the negative criticism that has been received from the public lately.

Also, I agree that releasing the tool for editing the file containing the terrain and the terrain improvements would be a wonderful idea. I can already imagine some of the scenarios and mods that could be produced with its help.

------------------
The Electronic Hobbit