Old November 14, 2000, 16:41   #31
raingoon
Prince

Local Time: 00:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The sway would have to be MUCH greater than 5/8ths of an inch. That little sway would be a very bad thing. The Empire State is built to withstand something on the order of a three hundred mile an hour hurricane before toppling. You can imagine it would sway quite a few feet horizontally before it reached that point.
Old November 16, 2000, 17:36   #32
Linzen

Raingoon, big cruch and others, no disagreement about the engineering or architecture feat of the building, but you haven't quite convinced me that 1.the right wonder for corporation is that building 2.that US ought to receive the wonder for corporation.

Old November 16, 2000, 17:51   #33
raingoon
Prince

Local Time: 00:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, I don't know that I CAN -- I don't have the game yet. I can argue well for a diplomatic bonus to any country who builds the ESB, which is what I understood the bonus in this case to be. Maybe the New York Stock Exchange would've been a better wonder to represent Corporation, per se. That's still US.

Am I missing some anglo or sino accomplishment in business that would surpass the American economic growth of the 20th century? I think we can rule out Africa and the South Pacific. If business was really rockin hard down on the Asian-Subcontinent I beg pardon. But I definitely would hold off awarding the Corporation wonder to the Russians without at least a recount.